menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
robbo Post # 166 | Saturday, 25 Jan 2014 - 03:22
Group: Friends
The Avengers 2 To Film At Bard Fortress In Italy
A cool new location for The Avengers 2 has been made known as a press conference was held revealing Bard Fortress in Italy as a shooting location. Badtaste, It reports on the location and included a couple images of Bard Fortress as well as mentioned that filming will take place in March which includes other locations surrounding Valle d" Aosta. It"s speculated it could be the fortress of Baron Von Strucker, rumored to be played by Thomas Kretschmann. The Avengers 2 hits May 1, 2015 directed by Joss Whedon.
Via: CBN

robbo Post # 167 | Saturday, 25 Jan 2014 - 03:53
Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Gets Second Asgardian: Lorelei Played By Elene Satine 
On top of the news of Deathlok appearing in Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. the series gets its second Asgardian with Lorelei, played by Elene Satine. News is coming out of ABC"s TCA panel where the announcements of J. August Richards as Deathlok and Elene Satine as Lorelei have become known. Deadline has hit that footage was shown of Lady Sif, played by Jaimie Alexander, facing off against Lorelei from an upcoming episode. In the comics, Lorelei and Loki trick Sif into thinking that Thor kisses Lorelei. The character also happens to the younger sister to The Enchantress. Head of Marvel Television Jeph Loeb offered: "We"ve been leaving breadcrumbs along the way. This is a major Marvel character appearing on TV, on film for the first time." You are in the back half of the movie" added executive producer Jeff Bell. "We set it up, now we"re going to pull the trigger" Loeb said. Also confirmed to appear on the series is Stan Lee on February 4th (along with Deathlok), and Bill Paxton will appear on several episodes playing Agent John Garret. Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Tuesdays at 8pm ET on ABC.

robbo Post # 168 | Saturday, 01 Feb 2014 - 03:55
You"re A Loser If You"ve Given Up On Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., According To Clark Gregg

You're A Loser If You've Given Up On Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., According To Clark Gregg

After bumper ratings for it"s premiere last year, Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been bleeding viewers over the first half of its season, so the producers have started pulling out the big guns for the back-nine episodes, with Stan Lee set to cameo, J. August Richards" Mike Peterson turning into Deathlok, Jaimie Alexander reprising the role of Lady Sif to battle Lorelei (Elena Satine), and Bill Paxton joining for a guest role as Agent John Garrett in an upcoming story arc. And, with the midseason premiere approaching, Clark Gregg has adopted a rather odd approach to convincing the six million or so fans who"ve turned off to give the show another shot.

"Those aren"t geeks. Those are losers," Gregg tells The Salt Lake City Tribune, referring to fans who"ve given up on the series. "You start to have people like Deathlok showing up: You start to understand that a bunch of these different episodes were connected. A lot of the geeks that I respect most - are very excited about where we"re going. So I"m going to choose to work for them." Gregg then went on to backtrack a little, stating that, "I guess I don"t mean to say that people who have been frustrated by that discovery period are necessarily losers. I just think they should be, perhaps, a little more patient."
Via: FM

chrisdvanne_ Post # 169 | Saturday, 01 Feb 2014 - 09:57
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
You"re A Loser If You"ve Given Up On Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., According To Clark Gregg

On the same topic, Marvel icon Stan Lee recently called on Agents of SHIELD to include more superheroes in upcoming episodes and ABC president Paul Lee has defended the overall story arc for the Marvel series, but called the ratings decline "disappointing".

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robbo Post # 170 | Sunday, 02 Feb 2014 - 03:21
# 169  Yes I think It was a splendid Idea by Stan Lee to call on for more superheroes. to appear in future episodes as for the ratings I may be wrong but I can"t see them really clawing back the missing 6 million or so fans back to watch the remaining episodes. Clark Gregg sounds really annoyed I wonder who rattled his cage.

robbo Post # 171 | Saturday, 08 Feb 2014 - 01:05
"The Avengers: Age Of Ultron" Adds Paul Bettany As The Vision

"The Avengers: Age Of Ultron" has upped its artificial intelligence count by one: Paul Bettany will play The Vision, according to multiple outlets including Deadline.

Bettany is already a Marvel Studios veteran, having voiced Tony Stark"s computer system, J.A.R.V.I.S., in all three "Iron Man" films. The casting choice clearly opens up speculation as to a likely connection between J.A.R.V.I.S. and The Vision"s on-screen origin. In comic book history, The Vision was the "synthezoid" creation of Ultron, the titular villain of the "Avengers" sequel (played in the film by James Spader).

The Vision debuted in 1968"s "The Avengers" #57, by writer Roy Thomas and artist John Buscema. The android hero has been a prominent part of multiple Avengers lineups over the years, and currently stars in ongoing Marvel series "Avengers A.1." The character"s history also includes an unconventional relationship with fellow Avenger Scarlet Witch, who will be played in "Age of Ultron" by Elizabeth Olsen.

Via: CBR

robbo Post # 172 | Thursday, 13 Feb 2014 - 03:04
Scarlett Johansson as Black WidowKevin Feige Says Marvel Developing A Black Widow Solo Movie,

By May 2015, Scarlett Johansson will have made her fourth appearance as Black Widow in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with upcoming roles in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Avengers: Age of Ultron adding to her appearances in Iron Man 2 and The Avengers, and according to Kevin Feige, we might get to see the S.H.I.E.L.D. spy headlining her very own movie.

"We start filming the next Avengers film at the end of March," Feige tells Total Film (via CBM). " [Black]Widow"s part in that is very big. We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film. The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that."

The Avengers: Age of Ultron will bring the curtain down on Phase Two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe on May 1st 2015.

Via: CBM

robbo Post # 173 | Wednesday, 26 Feb 2014 - 00:54
Frustrating TV Shows You Just Can"t Stop Watching /  Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is Tuesday"s top-rated scripted series this season, which might come as a surprise given its lukewarm critical reception and the vocal disappointment of Marvel fans after the first few episodes. The show has gathered an audience, some of whom are presumably those same fans hoping that it can turn everything around.

The show has its issues. Ward and the ever-grating Skye are both unremarkable characters with the depth of cardboard cut-outs. The mystery of Coulson"s resurrection is nowhere near as compelling as the show believes it to be and Clark Gregg"s likeability has been undervalued so far. Even Whedon fans are likely to have felt cheated by his attachment to the show in name only after it was heavily marketed as his series.

Is the hope of a quality U-turn misplaced? The cynical among you will say yes, but if the show can ever overcome its frustrating inability to capitalise on its potential, we"ll be there in a heartbeat.

Via: WC

robbo Post # 174 | Friday, 28 Feb 2014 - 01:44
Channel 4 Announces Marvel"s Agents Of SHIELD Return Date

Channel 4 has confirmed a return date for Marvel"s Agents Of SHIELD.

The comic book drama - which has been on hiatus in the UK since December - will return on Friday, March 14 at 8pm.

Marvel"s Agents of SHIELD has aired 13 episodes in the US - where it airs on ABC - with the 14th installment set to air on Tuesday, March 4.

Series star Gregg recently defended the show"s US ratings, which have declined since the pilot episode aired in September last year.

"If you look at how well our show is doing in those numbers, I"m quite encouraged, especially because we aren"t Tony Stark and Thor," the actor said. "We"re a bunch of new people and Agent Coulson, the supporting player from those [Marvel]films."

ABC boss defends Agents of SHIELD. "It took time to find its sea legs"

Via: DS

robbo Post # 175 | Friday, 28 Feb 2014 - 02:08
Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe Documentary To Air On ABC

ABC is to air the documentary Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe.

The first-ever documentary from Marvel Studios to air on television will explore the history of the film franchise, dating back to 2008"s Iron Man.

Stars from various Marvel movies will be interviewed, in addition to a sneak preview of the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier being unveiled.

A first look at The Avengers: Age of Ultron will be included as well.

There will also be an exclusive peak at upcoming episodes of the ABC television series Marvel"s Agents of SHIELD.

Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe will air on Tuesday, March 18 at 8pm ET.

Via: DS

robbo Post # 176 | Tuesday, 04 Mar 2014 - 22:39
The Avengers 2 To Film Scarlett Johansson Scenes ASAP Because Of Pregnancy

The Avengers Promo Poster - Scarlett Johansson

Yesterday saw the news hit that Scarlett Johansson is pregnant, but what about The Avengers 2 as her role is said to be a big one?

It"s now being reported that Marvel studios is going to fast-track her scenes as Scarlett Johansson is due in August.

EOnline, who first reported on Scarlett Johansson being pregnant, says the actress is currently promoting Captain America 2, and then begins filming The Avengers 2 on April 5th overseas.

It"s also reported that Marvel studios hasn"t commented on the change in schedule to accommodate Scarlett Johansson.

"The Avengers: Age Of Ultron" hits May 1, 2015 directed by Joss Whedon.

Via CBN

robbo Post # 177 | Thursday, 13 Mar 2014 - 03:15
Hulk Nemesis Glenn Talbot Coming To Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues connecting with the Marvel Universe by announcing that the Hulk nemesis, Colonel Glenn Talbot, is coming to the series played by Adrian Pasdar.

Details are being kept under wraps when Pasdar will debut and the reason for Talbot"s appearance in the series, but Marvel revealed the following first look and hinted Pasdar will be in more than one episode.

Hulk Nemesis Glenn Talbot Coming To Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Adrian Pasdar is known for Heroes as well as many of the Marvel animated series including voicing Iron Man in Avengers Assemble.

In the comic books, Talbot hunts down the Hulk under the leadership of General Thunderbolt Ross.

robbo Post # 178 | Friday, 21 Mar 2014 - 01:17
Patton Oswalt Joins Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Patton Oswalt Joins Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Marvel has announced that Patton Oswalt has joined the cast of Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Agent Eric Koenig and will appear in an upcoming episode.

Koenig first appeared in the Marvel Comics in Sgt. Fury And His Howling Commandos #27 as one of Nick Fury"s soldiers.

Oswalt, known for Ratatouille, King of Queens and the Star Wars Avengers pitch, said when he first heard about the part he immediately thought of M.O.D.O.K.

"I got a call from my agent saying they want you on Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and I said hell, yes. I"m lucky that I"m visible enough that they wanted to bring me in to play this character. I"d worked with [Marvel"s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Executive Producer] Joss [Whedon]before on Dollhouse, and I guess I wasn"t too annoying and they decided to put me on another one of his shows. So I was very lucky.

"When they first told me the character"s name, I"ll admit the first thing I did is I went on Wikipedia and looked up the M.O.D.O.K. character to see if Koenig was maybe his name before he became M.O.D.O.K. but it wasn"t," laughed Oswalt. "They keep on talking about the clairvoyant in the show and I"m like, "is that M.O.D.O.K.? Am I M.O.D.O.K.?"

Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Tuesdays at 8pm ET on ABC.

robbo Post # 179 | Sunday, 30 Mar 2014 - 02:33
Patrick Brennan Joins Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. As Blackout

Patrick Brennan has joined Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Markus Daniels, aka Blackout in the comics.

Marvel. com announced the news and released the following image.

Brennan will appear in episode 18 "Providence" with it said he will have a larger role in future episodes.

First appearing in Nova #19 (1976), it"s reported that this version of Blackout will have slightly different powers: the ability to suck the energy out of anything around him.

Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. "Providence" is set to air Tuesday, April 15 at 8pm ET on ABC.

Via: CosmicBookNews

robbo Post # 180 | Wednesday, 02 Apr 2014 - 21:36
Marvel"s Agents Of SHIELD Creators "Optimistic" About Season 2

The creators of Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. are "optimistic" about the show"s chances of landing a second season.

Jed Whedon told TV Guide that the ABC drama"s first season finale - airing May 13 in the US - will not wrap everything "up in a little bow"

"We"re very much teeing up season two," he said. "We"re optimistic that we"ll have a chance to tell more stories."

Co-showrunner Maurissa Tancharoen added that she and Whedon would still continue Agents Of SHIELD in some form if the series is axed by ABC.

"We"ll do a Kickstarter project to do a special movie or something," she insisted.

Whedon described working on the first season of the Marvel series as "a quick and crazy learning experience"

"We know that coming out of the gate, people were expecting a Marvel movie every week," Tancharoen said. "That"s just logistically impossible as far as us being on that scale. But I do feel like we are living up to that model a little bit."

Marvel"s Agents Of SHIELD airs on ABC (Tuesdays, 8/7c) in the US and on Channel 4 (Fridays, 8pm) in the UK.

Via: DigitalSpy

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Search: