menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
robbo Post # 151 | Friday, 13 Dec 2013 - 03:16
Group: Friends
Colonel James Rhodes Is Part Of The Avengers: Age Of Ultron:
There are quite a few scraps of information about The Avengers: Age Of Ultron swimming around, under the surface and off the map, though It"s proving quite hard to tie some of them together. For example, I understand that Simon McBurney is in line to take a role though, as of yet, I haven"t been able to confirm if he"s signed, in negotiations or simply "attached " Nor can I confirm who he"d be playing, though I have been told he"ll be the new Jarvis. Not a computer voice Jarvis, mind you, but an actual Butler called Jarvis - or at least called Jarvis by Tony Stark. But we"ll see about those specifics. Some of those bits are still quite fuzzy. I can be more specific about Don Cheadle and Rhodey, however. Both actor and characters are certainly on the docket for the sequel. How big of a role? I wish I knew, but I"m glad he"ll be in there. There"s not going to be too much fat on the structure of Age Of Ultron, so Whedon will have put in Rhodey for a good reason. Any speculation as to what the role might involve? Will War Machine be recruited as a fill in for Iron Man, perhaps---?
Via Bleeding Cool

robbo Post # 152 | Monday, 16 Dec 2013 - 23:55
Jeremy Renner Confirms Hawkeye Return For The Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Jeremy Renner Confirms Hawkeye Return For The Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Back in May of this year, a rumour started doing the round suggesting that Marvel Studios could be looking to replace Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye in The Avengers sequel owing to some perceived negative comments from the actor over his role in last year"s mega-blockbuster, Since then, it"s become pretty clear that the original story was just speculation passed off as "insider info", but for anyone still wondering, Renner has now confirmed himself that he"s set to line up with the rest of Earth"s mightiest Heroes once again in 2015"s The Avengers: Age Of Ultron, stating "Yes! Of course! when asked by Latino Review (via CBM) if he"ll be back for the sequel.
Via (CBM)

robbo Post # 153 | Saturday, 21 Dec 2013 - 02:16
"The Avengers 2" Adding Another Villain To The Mix 
"The Avengers 2" officially titled "The Avengers: Age Of Ultron," will see a few new faces joining the ranks of the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and, of course, Ultron himself. But is Marvel Studios planning on adding another more secretive baddie to liven things up other than the near indestructible super robot? According to Latino Review, Marvel is currently on the hunt for an actor to portray Baron Von Strucker, a comic book villain rooted in the evil - HYDRA organization that played a big part in the first "Captain America" movie. A leader of - HYDRA  and a master swordsman and marksman, Strucker is able to rapidly heal and theoretically live forever as a result of carrying within him a deadly virus. As HITFIX reports, Strucker will be the first major threat to The Avengers in the film, comparing him more as one of those preliminary James Bond baddies 007 usually takes care of in a pre-credits sequence: "He does not have a major ongoing role in the film, but he is responsible for bringing Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch into contact with the Avengers in the first place, since they start the film working either with or [against]the Baron." Marton Csokas ("Rogue," "The Amazing Spider-Man 2") and Dougray Scott (Netflix"s "Hemlock Grove,"My Week With Marilyn") are said to be Marvel"s favorites to take on this role, though it"s not confirmed whether the studio has entered talks with either. "The Avengers 2" will begin production in early 2014 for release on May 1, 2015.
Via Latino Review

robbo Post # 154 | Saturday, 21 Dec 2013 - 04:46
Comics Villain The Blizzard Set To Appear In Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The synopsis for episode 12 of Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. reveals a comic book villain will be coming to the series with none other than The Blizzard! The plot synopsis reveals the name of Donald Gill, aka The Blizzard, in the Marvel comics. Obviously this doesn"t necessarily mean the supervillain will make an appearance. "Seeds" - Coulson and May uncover startling information about Skye"s past, while the team is swept into a storm at S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy,on "Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., "Tuesday, January 14 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network. Fitting with the theme from the Marvel (Iron Man) movies (i.e. Extremis), The Blizzard is primarly a foe of Tony Stark. Justin Hammer, of Hammer Industries, gave Donnie Gill the battlesuit. Gill also becomes a reformed supervillain (at times) and was a member of Baren Zemo"s superteam, The Thunderbolts. 16-year-old Dylan Minnette plays Donnie Gill in the series. Seeds airs January 14th.
Via Cosmic Booknews

robbo Post # 155 | Tuesday, 24 Dec 2013 - 02:30
"Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D." 2014 Spoilers: "The Magical Place" Promises Coulson Answers, "Firefly" Star To Return 
Time will tell if Marvel"s "Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D."s anything from its inaugural 10 episodes, but with the promise of answers to come in 2014, our optimism is ready to assemble. Find out the first details of "Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D."s  2014 return "The Magical Place" along with a return for "Firefly" star Ron Glass! After the events of mid-season finale "The Bridge" saw Coulson in custody by the mysterious Centipede, 2014 return episode "The Magical Place" promises to finally pull back the curtain on the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent"s mysterious resurrection  in Tahiti, returning pilot star Ron Glass and fellow S.H.I.E.L.D. heavy Victoria Hand (Saffron Burrows) to do it. judging by the press release for "The Magical Place" it looks like our answers may come with a hefty price tag for the core group. " The Magical Place" --- Coulson uncovers vital information about the mystery of his death, but, with Centipede out for blood, this knowledge may come at the cost of one of the team on "Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.,"Tuesday, January 7 (8.00-9.01p.m, ET) on the ABC Television Network. Guest starring are Saffron Burrows as Agent Victoria Hand, Ron Glass as Dr. Streiten, Ruth Negga as Raina, Rob Huebel as Lloyd Rathman, Aiden Turner as Vanchat, Felisha Terrell as Emily Deville, Cullen Douglas as Po. Glass hasn"t appeared since the pilot episode, wherein both he and Maria Hill ("How I Met Your Mother" star Cobie Smulders) displayed some secretive knowledge of Coulson"s origins,
Via ScreenCrush

chrisdvanne_ Post # 156 | Sunday, 05 Jan 2014 - 18:52
Group: Administrators

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robbo Post # 157 | Tuesday, 07 Jan 2014 - 03:16
People Who Might Be Awesome In 2014 - Elizabeth Olsen " The Avengers: Age Of Ultron "
Elizabeth Olsen isn"t new. She"s been around for a couple of years, and some might say she had her breakout role in 2012 with her stunning performance in Martha Marcy May Marlene, and I couldn"t agree more. That was definitely the moment when people realized she wasn"t just the little sister of the fame Olsen twins and that she was a talented hot babe in her own right, and now, in the 2014, she is set to star in the new Godzilla film and the new The Avengers: Age of Ultron which is the sequel set for release in 2015. I"d say by 2-15 she will be known as way more than just the younger Olsen twin who showed her boobs in that weird indie movie a lot of people didn"t really get.
Via HecklerSpray

robbo Post # 158 | Tuesday, 14 Jan 2014 - 03:01
Bill Paxton Ready To Rumble On "Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Actor Will Play The "Rough-And-Tumble" Agent John Garrett
(CBR) Bill Paxton is bringing some heavy firepower to ABC"s "Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. " this winter. Paxton returns to television in late February/early March for a four episode stint on the spy drama as Agent John Garrett, a character described by showrunner Jed Whedon to TV Guide as "a rough-and-tumble former cohort of Agent Coulson, with a little bit of attitude cigar-smoking swagger, When Garrett got his promotion to level 7, he refused to sit behind a desk and doesn"t like the formalities of S.H.I.E.L.D. He"s going to help Coulson solve some mysteries and is not afraid to rig an explosive or two." The character, who was introduced in Frank Miller and Bill Sienkiwicz"s "Elektra: Assassin" miniseries in the "80s, is the latest S.H.I.E.L.D. agent to make the leap from the comics to television, following in the footsteps of Agent Victoria Hand and Agent Jasper Sitwell. Garrett is introduced to the team "in a very surprising way," according to executive producer Maurissa Tancharoen. "He is the type who wants to stay out in the field no matter how high-level he gets."
Via TVGuide

robbo Post # 159 | Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 - 03:18
Thomas Kretschmann Cast As Baron Von Strucker In The Avengers: Age Of Ultron 
Joss Whedon has added another bad guy to the cast of The Avengers: Age Of Ultron, with The Hollywood Reporter revealing that Thomas Kretschmann (Wanted, Dracula) has signed on to appear as the HYDRA chief Baron Von Strucker. The Nazi agent was originally identified as a secondary villain in the movie by Latino-Review back in December, and he"ll join another new evil addition in Ultron, who is set to be portrayed by James Spader (The Blacklist).  The cast that includes Marvel veterans Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Mark Ruffalo (The Incredible Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Don Cheadle (War Machine), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), and Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill), alongside Elizabeth Olsen (Martha Marcy May Marlene) as Scarlet Witch and Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Kick-Ass 2) as Quicksilver. what an impressive line-up!
Via THR

robbo Post # 160 | Saturday, 18 Jan 2014 - 00:28
Jaimie Alexander"s Lady Sif To Appear In Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
With Agent"s of S.H.I.E.L.D. struggling to reverse its ratings slide, Marvel has decided to bring in another big name guest star from the cinematic Universe - and the first who isn"t associated with S.H.I.E.L.D. - with Thor and Thor: The Dark World star Jaimie Alexander set to reprise the role of Lady Sif for another visit to Midgard in the fifteenth episode. As posted on the official Marvel site, "Sif has come to earth with a very specific mission. Unfortunately, we can"t tell you just what brings her to our neck of the woods just yet." Of course, we"ve already seen one Asgardian in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Peter MacNicol"s Professor Elliot Randolph, so perhaps it could tie in with that?
Via FM.com

robbo Post # 161 | Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014 - 03:40
ABC President Defends "Marvel"s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
For some critics and fans, Marvel"s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been one of the biggest disappointments of the 2013-2014 broadcast season. It"s not just a matter of the show not being what people expected it to be, but also an issue with the show not delivering the ratings network executives expected from the Joss Whedon series (although given Whedon"s track record for shows surviving multiple seasons, I"m not sure ABC should have expected a smash hit in the first place). Yet even though it has its detractors, not everyone is down on Marvel"s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ABC president Paul Lee defended the performance of Marvel"s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at the TCA Winter Press Tour.

"It was obviously disappointing that we started with a very high number and it came down,"Lee stated. "It took a little bit of time to find our sea legs, but now the show is really doing well. "Creatively, we are loving what we"re seeing for the back nine. We"re doing a lot of work, and I"m really enjoying doing this with Marvel." Lee added that it took some time to properly establish the "mythology", a crucial element to any Marvel endeavor, much less a serialized TV show. "I think the key for us was really starting to work closely with the studios, and really figure out - with our showrunners and all the creative brains - how we could have a show that didn"t have Iron Man in it, but did have an incredible amount of the Marvel Universe,"he said. "We also took a little bit of time to get the balance between a procedural and an arc. I"m so proud of how they"ve now arced out the last nine episodes."
Via: Digital Spy

The1Russter Post # 162 | Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014 - 20:12
Group: Writer
Having watched the latest episode of Shield, I was blown away by its tight story, better characterization, and basically higher focus to the important things. It was miles away from the first sketchy episodes that began the season. I started going back, watching episodes in reverse order, to see where the change happened. It was a gradual process to be certain, but significant improvement was observable in the episode guest starring Peter MacNicol and proceeded to get better with each episode that followed with few niccups along the way.

I think the problem starting off was, that there is such a mystique and high expectations for Joss Whedon, that everyone expected miracles from each episode. Few series do this. I think what Shield has done is help remove the blinders from some peoples eyes so that they realize Joss isn't some kind of Hollywood God, but just a working bloke whose job is to create stories. And as it is for any creator of stories, some stories are really smashing, and others just fall apart.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014, 20:15

chrisdvanne_ Post # 163 | Wednesday, 22 Jan 2014 - 00:27
Group: Administrators
Quote The1Russter ()
Having watched the latest episode of Shield, I was blown away by its tight story, better characterization, and basically higher focus to the important things.

I have watched only the firsts episodes but I read regularly online comments and they basically agree with you.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robbo Post # 164 | Wednesday, 22 Jan 2014 - 01:13
# 163  I agree with The1Russter on the latest episode, I have to admit it was really great episode, thoroughly enjoyed the story of episode it seems to be picking up in a certain way, as exceptionally explained by The1Russter, obviously their has been one or two hit and miss episodes, another plus they seem to be adding a few more special guest star appearances which will be a big help, Jaimie Alexander, Bill Paxton, namely are great additions for SHIELD.

robbo Post # 165 | Friday, 24 Jan 2014 - 03:39
J. August Richards Confirmed As Deathlok For Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. 
As many online guess and speculated, Marvel has announced that J. August Richards is playing Deathlok on Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel.com made the announcement as Deathlok celebrates its 40th year anniversary this year. Transformed into the cybernetic soldier against his will, Mike Peterson (J. August Richards) must struggle to find the man in the machine. With a high-tech eye that allows him to see through walls, super strength and increased speed courtesy of a cybernetic leg, will Deathlok fight alongside the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. or against them? "We have been waiting all season for this moment where we can reveal that Mike Peterson"s story arc is an origin story, "said executive producer Jeffrey Bell. "We"re thrilled to have J. August Richards playing Deathlok and to have our audience enjoy this favorite Marvel character on the show." If you would have asked when I was nine-years old what I wanted to be, I would have said a super hero and I"m so excited to be one now as an adult on TV!" added J. August Richards. "Its a dream come true." Deathlok arrives on Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Tuesday, February 4th!
Via: CBN

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Search: