menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
robbo Post # 136 | Sunday, 27 Oct 2013 - 04:35
Group: Friends
nice one Chris like I said before you have eyes like a hawk, very nice how on earth did they manage to stay in,  Oh I forgot the dress was wet, I think I will keep watching this show as well, Hmm did you mention a bikini contest. wink

chrisdvanne_ Post # 137 | Tuesday, 29 Oct 2013 - 13:54
Group: Administrators
Why S.H.I.E.L.D. Is This Season's Biggest Disappointment

Read article at tv guide.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robbo Post # 138 | Wednesday, 30 Oct 2013 - 03:25
I hope Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. picks up, I really do, The concept is great, and really provides the platform to explore those characters and areas of the Marvel Universe that are never going to make it to the big screen. And on a weekly basis too, but I`m starting to lose faith that this will ever happen, and leaning more towards the hope that Marvel and ABC will come to their senses and pull the plug before it further dilutes the Marvel Cinematic Universe - and more importantly, the Marvel Studios brand - for the casual moviegoing public. In fairness, the show has been killing it in the ratings so far even though it slipped a little last week, it`s still pulling in over 7 million viewers in the States alone but if it keeps churning out dull, uninspired episodes, you have to wonder how long it will be before audiences are reaching for that remote in their droves, With that in mind, I think its fair to say that the show is suffering badly from poor writing, a visual style and narrative tone straight out of the late 90s, and a near-total lack of interesting characters, And yes, I`m including Agent Coulson in that, the fact that the show has taken one of the best characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and made him as dull as Agents Dalton, Fitz and Simmons really speaks volumes for the writing on this series.

robbo Post # 139 | Saturday, 09 Nov 2013 - 02:07
Cobie Smulders Confirms She"ll Appear In "The Avengers Age Of Ultron" Between Maria Hill"s prominence in The Avengers, her cameo in the pilot for Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and her appearance in the upcoming Captain America The Winter Soldier, it may seem like a foregone conclusion she"ll have a role in The Avengers Age Of Ultron. And she will, actress Cobie Smulders confirms, It"s just a matter of how big that role will be. "I think I"m in Avengers 2, but it is very top secret, " she tells the Calgary Herald while promoting the comedy Delivery Man. "I hope I"m In Avengers 2. I didn"t get my invitation yet. Well, actually, they know I"m in it but they don"t know to what degree I"m in it." I am really excited to read the script because they are introducing Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch into the Avengers universe, "Smulders continues, "and the bad guy is going to be very interesting, That villain is, of course, the homicidal android Ultron, played by James Spader. While Kick-Ass star Aaron Taylor-Johnson finally signed on last week as Quicksilver, there"s still no official word on who will portray the Scarlet Witch (Samuel L. Jackson has indicated It"s Elizabeth Olsen).

robbo Post # 140 | Wednesday, 13 Nov 2013 - 00:54
Olsen Confirms Role As Scarlet Witch In "Avengers Age Of Ultron" Oldboy" actress Elizabeth Olsen has confirmed what Samuel L. Jackson let out of the bag more than a month ago. that she"ll reunite with her "Godzilla" co-star Aaron Taylor-Johnson as the brother-sister pair Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch in Marvel"s "The Avengers Of Ultron" We get to play husband and wife, and we get to play twin brother and sister," Olsen told MTV, joking that Jackson freed her from the "awkwardness" of sidestepping questions about the sequel. Although the actress conceded she doesn"t know many details about the role --- she hasn"t even seen costume designs --- she had plenty of praise for writer-director Joss Whedon. "He"s very smart. He"s too smart. He might be too smart," Olsen said. "Some people are too smart for their own good, but he"s amazing." The Avengers Age Of Ultron" arrives May 1, 2015.

robbo Post # 141 | Friday, 15 Nov 2013 - 03:24
Former "The Young And The Restless" Star Michael Graziadei To Guest On "Marvels Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D." Michael Graziadei, who grew to fame as Daniel on The Young And The Restless, is hitting Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a guest role. According to Daytime confidential, Graziadei "landed an upcoming guest spot on ABC"s Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Graziadei will play Jakob Nystrom in a tie-in episode for the film, Thor The Dark World. His episode is set to air on November 19th. Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Tuesdays at 8pm on ABC.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 142 | Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 - 01:18
Ouch for "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."!

'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Fall's Biggest Disappointment, article by Maureen Ryan at The Huffington Post

I know that's how the industry works, I really do, but when something as lifeless as Fox's "Almost Human" (which comes from Abrams' TV factory) or "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." comes off the assembly lines of these guys, it's particularly disappointing. Their early TV work served as subversive rebukes to inoffensive corporate blandness, but these shows are prime exemplars of it.

Read complete article at The Huffington Post

robbo Post # 143 | Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 - 01:59
# 142  Ouch indeed what a great article, I must admit Maureen Ryan is absolutely spot on with her article in the T.H.P. I do agree and share her thoughts on "Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. I have watched the show right from the beginning and probably will carry on watching the show until season one desperately needs to end, so the Whedon team can put their heads together and come up with some new ideas and material, Because at the moment whether its me or not or anybody else the show is drastically on the decline, which in theory is such a shame I did have high expectations for S.H.I.E.L.D. probably too high, all the buzz and the hype revolved around the show has just simply flew out the window, just does not seem to be going anywhere at all at the moment, but like she says first seasons are hard, and I always like to give a show a chance but at the moment its looking as though the plane is going down.

robbo Post # 144 | Thursday, 21 Nov 2013 - 03:53
Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Bringing In The Big Guns Stan Lee! " Latest episode of Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. deals with the aftermath of Thor 2 with "The Well". Turns out that is not the only big tie-in that is planned as Joss Whedon lets it be known that there is a good chance that Stan Lee will be featured in an upcoming episode. Stan Lee has cameod in a majority of the Marvel movies ( Most recently Thor 2 ), with Whedon telling TV Guide "The Man" will most likely be on S.H.I.E.L.D. "I would say there"s a strong chance, " Whedon said of Stan Lee making a cameo on Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Whedon also offered his thoughts on fan"s speculation that Agent Coulson is actually a Life Model Decoy. "We know that there"s going to be a lot of theories and there"s no chance that whatever we reveal won"t, at some point, be written on the internet, "Whedon said. "We"re just trying to come up with ways to make it surprising or make it not how they expected it to unravel. We know what it is, but we know that no one else does yet." We here at Cosmic Book News are hoping Doctor Strange may have had something to do with saving Coulson as he keeps referring to a "Magical Place" whenever Tahiti is brought up.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 145 | Tuesday, 26 Nov 2013 - 12:15
Ming Na Wen had a Ming Na Convention for her birthday party. She loved being Princess Leia for the day!

robbo Post # 146 | Thursday, 28 Nov 2013 - 03:13
# 145  She seems certain that she looks the part, and its a thumbs up from me she looks really great, what a cool party she must of had Zapping all the guests. nice one Ming Na Wen. cool

robbo Post # 147 | Thursday, 28 Nov 2013 - 03:32
Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Jumps By Almost 3 Million Thanks To Rudolph. Good news for fans of ABC"s  Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. as this week"s episode jumped by nearly 3 million viewers! And that is more than last week"s Thor 2 tie-in! "Repairs" scored a total of 9.3 million viewers to last week"s 6.89 million. A new episode doesn"t return for two weeks, so it will be interesting to see if the audience returns. Add to that, last night"s episode wasn"t the best to date and CBS didn"t show a new episode of NCIS. CBS aired "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer" which was down about 8 million viewers compared to NCIS, so it seems as if some of them decided to check out S.H.I.E.L.D. It"s just too bad last night"s episode wasn"t better. Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Tuesdays at 8pm ET on ABC.

robbo Post # 148 | Friday, 13 Dec 2013 - 01:50
Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Loses Over 3 Million Viewers For Mid-Season Finale.
With NCIS back on air after taking a break last week for Rudolph, Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. lost all the viewers - and then some - that came over as a result of the NCIS off week. Last week saw Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. score 9.3 million viewers. Yesterday"s mid-season finale brought in 6.11 million viewers. That number is actually lower than previous week as well, which came in at 6.89 million. So not taking into account last week"s bump due to NCIS - SHIELD still lost over 700,000 viewers. Another alarming factor is that this week"s episode was the mid-season finale, which generally gets higher ratings than normal episodes (i.e The Walking Dead). The 6.1 million viewers for SHIELD"s mid-season finale also marks a series low. ABC has already ordered a full season, with S.H.I.E.L.D. returning in January with the answers to Coulson"s death. The pilot episode saw over 12 million viewers, but the ratings have been dropping consistently ever since. DVR ratings are dropping the same. Hmm second thoughts I wonder ? coming from the ABC camp.
Via Cosmic Booknews

chrisdvanne_ Post # 149 | Friday, 13 Dec 2013 - 02:00
Another alarming factor is that this week"s episode was the mid-season finale, which generally gets higher ratings than normal episodes (i.e The Walking Dead).

Hum, mid-season finale don't have necessarily higher ratings than normal episodes, there's plenty of other factors to consider. Arrow did not get better ratings for example.

I have no doubt that The Avengers will be renewed, despite so-so ratings, simply because it serves a greater purpose, which is to maintain the interest of movie/tv watchers for the Marvel's movies.

robbo Post # 150 | Friday, 13 Dec 2013 - 02:20
Ref #149  Ye right, The ratings are in respect as they say on the slide, but they are still very good ratings 6.1 million viewers look at TSCC ratings towards the end just under 6 million, not much difference figure wise and they where called poor ratings. Marvel universe is very large fans wise including my-self just love the movies.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Search: