Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 191231819»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
Date: Friday, 2011 Jan 07, 18:23 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

http://www.seattlepi.com/movies/432868_film43454196.html
There will be at least one (if not more) actor or actress from a past Whedon universe.
Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, James Marsters, Eliza Dushku ... clear your schedule and stay by your phone.

I believe that Summer has a very busy schedule, but it would be a good movie for her now when she will become the queen of the hero geeks

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Friday, 2011 Jan 07, 23:55 GMT | Message # 2

Site Admin

That would be great, but i think at this stage it's just whisful thinking.
The Avengers battling with the Skrulls rumors has not been confirmed yet, for example.

But i agree with you, if The Cape is a success, the next stage for Summer would be the big screen.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 2011 Jan 09, 16:45 GMT | Message # 3

Friends

Sounds like its going to be a cool movie, it will be even better if Summer gets cast in it. I hope she does.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Feb 06, 10:28 GMT | Message # 4

Site Admin

It seems Cobie Smulders is ahead for the a role in The Avengers

Quote (Deadline.com)
How I Met Your Mother star Cobie Smulders has emerged as the front runner for the role of SHIELD Agent Maria Hill in the Joss Whedon-directed The Avengers and a deal could be done before the weekend is out.

Don't worry Summer, you'll have your time sooner or later!

Date: Friday, 2011 Sep 09, 08:21 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

I don't want to sound rude but Josh Whedon was wearing girl's tee shirt at the recent Comic Con to promote The Avengers.

See it by yoursel at the online store : Home / Women's / Women's Tops / Long Sleeves & Thermals / Alternative Apparel Eco-Heather 3/4 Sleeve Raglan Henley - Womens

...well, to be honest, this other site says it's "unisex" : Alternative Apparel Eco-Heather Long Sleeve Raglan

via buffyfest

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 02:54 GMT | Message # 6

Site Admin

Latest promo picture from The Avengers, featuring all the superheroes in...super-heroic postures.

The fact that the only posterieur on display is Scarlett Johansson's is probably a coincidence and not sexism tongue

Click on image for bigger size
The Avengers promo picture

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 03:41 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

The fact that the only posterieur on display is Scarlett Johansson's is probably a coincidence and not sexism tongue

Surely this is sarcasm, I am not of the opinion that such things happen by accident.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 03:52

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 28, 16:07 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

Quote (FordStaff)
Surely this is sarcasm, I am not of the opinion that such things happen by accident.

Another "accident" on the latest promo-art for The Avengers.

Click on image for bigger size
Promo picture for 'The Avengers' movie

Over the Shoulder Pose
Quote (tvropes)
When a character or model poses with their back to the audience, but twisted round to look at the viewers so that their torso is almost pointing backwards. If the fanservice is more blatant, they'll probably be sticking their butt out and curving their spine vertically rather than merely twisting sideways. Probably used for a few reasons:
1) Lets you see the character's face. Having them look at the audience is more engaging.
2) Can be used to give a coy impression, sort of like saying, "Oh, you sneaked up behind me," or to make the character look mysterious.
2) Shows the character is supple and limber.
4) As the alternative name suggests, lets you see the character's butt and chest at the same time, so both Ass and Tit fans get what they want.

A malicious artist noticed the continuing promo theme of male power and female sexuality; he decided to draw a parody of the official promo-art :

Avengers Booty Ass-emble
by *kevinbolk
This is a parody of this promo art for the Avengers movie. I couldn't help but notice that in most of the ad material, the guys are all in heroic stances but Black Widow is almost always in an impractical, curved-spine "booty shot" pose. Figured I'd flip it around for my lady friends out there. Seemed only fair.

Parody of Promo picture for 'The Avengers' movie

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 28, 20:17 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

Could anybody tell me why Samuel L. Jackson plays Nick Fury BTW?

He is absolutely nothing like the the real Nick Fury.

Nick Fury looks like this:

Nick Fury

He is one of the inspirations for your default "tough sergeant" guys.

Why Jackson wants to ruin yet another well known franchise?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 28, 20:37 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

I don't see why a movie based on a comic character should try to look for the most ressembling actor; old enough comic book franchises have been drawn by many different artists anyway and the representation of the character changed accordingly.

Quote (Blazius)
Why Jackson wants to ruin yet another well known franchise?

Are you talking about the SW films?
If it's true he desesperately wanted to appear on the franchise (which he did), i'm not sure he had a great impact on the movie itself.

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 28, 23:58 GMT | Message # 11

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
I don't see why a movie based on a comic character should try to look for the most ressembling actor; old enough comic book franchises have been drawn by many different artists anyway and the representation of the character changed accordingly.

But they always share the base physical traits nonetheless. The only depiction of Fury similar to the Jackson style is from an alternative timeline Spider-man comic
as far as I know. But that comic sucks anyway. Venom is not a symbiot from space there for example but a nano suit created to fight cancer(?????). The real Fury looks like the picture I showed always.

BTW this overbroad liberalism with the characters and story might be a reason why every comic book movie arguably sucks with a few exceptions like X-men 3, Batman: The Dark Knight and Watchmen.

Quote (michelangelo)
Are you talking about the SW films?
If it's true he desesperately wanted to appear on the franchise (which he did), i'm not sure he had a great impact on the movie itself.

Yes, I'm talking about those most specifically ROTS. Mr. Jackson was kind enough to almost ruin the franchise and Lucas was stupid enough to let him to do so.

Jackson thought that he is the ultimate badass Jedi and insisted on that his character will beat either Palpatine or Anakin in a duel and that he can only be beaten by Anakin as he is the only worthy opponent but only if he is absolutely necessary to be killed off( Yoda and Obi-Wan should be the only survivors, idiot, have you missed the 30+ years old genre defining movies?) .

What an arrogant fool! He wasn't interested in the fact that nobody cares about his crappy character and that he is absolutely inconsequential to the story, no. So he beat Palpatine in a duel. Uh huh. It doesn't bother him that Yoda is supposed to be the most powerful Jedi of that timeline and even he lost to Palpatine, Mace had absolutely zero chance to beat Palpatine, he should have fallen like his Jedi buddies in 5 seconds. And when somebody tried to retcon the fight in a way that Palpatine intentionally lost( to lure Anakin to the Dark Side) to prevent a massive continuity error then he insisted further that he "believes" he genuinely beat Palpatine. You know what? Who cares about your boring, crappy character?

So yes, I'm holding a grudge against him since then and I'm absolutely sure he will try something stupid here too if Whedon won't be clever enough to not let him. If the movie becomes a disaster then i'm sure Jackson has a hand in it!

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Nov 29, 00:08 GMT | Message # 12

Site Admin

Apologies, i saw the movie a long time ago and i did not remember Jackson's character very well; i did not remember he had such an impact on the movie and the situation you're depicting proves he did it the wrong way, indeed.
But i remembererd clearly he was a late addition to the story whereas he impersonated Nick Fury from the start (you see a glimpse of him and Robert Downey at the end of Iron Man.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 2011 Nov 29, 00:52

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Nov 29, 00:21 GMT | Message # 13

Friends

Ok, he'll be fine if he doesn't make something stupid like in SW. I'm just a little allergic to him after this affair.

And I'm just feeling that his "enthusiasm" plays a great role in his casting as Nick Fury as he shouldn't be the most obvious choice for him anyways.

Its just stinks again for me you know. Also even before he made his stupid thing in SW I wasn't really fond of his skills either. With Christopher Lee and Ian Mcdiarmid( his opponent) around Jackson wasn't nearly that great star in SW IMO that he deserved this treatment(acting wise of course). So my limited experience with him wasn't pleasant in every way.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Nov 29, 00:22 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

Yes, I'm talking about those most specifically ROTS. Mr. Jackson was kind enough to almost ruin the franchise and Lucas was stupid enough to let him to do so.

Isn't it Lucas' obsession with CGI the main reason for the terribleness of the prequels? Samuel L. Jackson may not have helped, but passing the buck to him seems a bit over compensating.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Nov 29, 00:37 GMT | Message # 15

Friends

Quote FordStaff
Isn't it Lucas' obsession with CGI the main reason for the terribleness of the prequels? Samuel L. Jackson may not have helped, but passing the buck to him seems a bit over compensating.

He was a reason why ROTS sucked and therefore I don't like him.

He isn't the only. Just about nothing was right with the prequels. Overuse of CGIs, Hayden Christensen as Whiney to be the young version of this guy:

JAR JAR BINKS

JAR JAR BINKS!!!

And so on, so on.....

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Page 1 of 191231819»
Search: