[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 3 of 3«123
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Voice Acting in 'Firefly Online' roleplaying game (Discussions about Summer's voice work in 'Firefly Online')
Voice Acting in 'Firefly Online' roleplaying game
chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 01 Apr 2015, 22:52 | Message # 31
Group: Administrators
Check out this preview video of Summer recording her voice over for Firefly Online. The full behind-the-scenes interview with Summer’s voice recording will be available in the Cortex, the companion application of the game, very soon. So stay tuned.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 02 Apr 2015, 23:06 | Message # 32
The team behind Firefly Online has finally released the full behind-the-scenes interview with Summer, recorded after her recording session.

Read more: FIREFLY ONLINE: BEHIND THE SCENES INTERVIEW WITH SUMMER

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 04 Apr 2015, 11:39 | Message # 33
Here's a taste of some Firefly to come. Wil Wheaton: "I'm a Browncoat."

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 08 Apr 2015, 10:37 | Message # 34
Courtenay Taylor performs dialogue in this voice-over preview for Firefly Online

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 10 Apr 2015, 23:02 | Message # 35
Add another Big Damn Hero to the list of returning cast members: this time, it's the man they call Jayne!

Adam Baldwin clearly had a ball being Jayne Cobb again. From his earnest answers to the idea of revisiting Firefly and the Verse, to seeing him reconnect with his "brother" Nathan Fillion, the entire experience filled us with all matter of shiny feelings. We were just happy to get it all on film for our fellow Browncoats to enjoy.

Watch the full Cortex interview for more gems like Adam's story ideas for Jayne in Season 2, his brilliant solution to his struggles with video game controllers (DEMAND IT!), and a guest appearance by the Captain himself! keepflying.com/cortex

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 18 Apr 2015, 00:23 | Message # 36
It's the triumphant return Browncoats have been waiting for: Nathan Fillion portrays Captain Malcolm Reynolds once again in Firefly Online. In this behind-the-scenes preview, get a look at Fillion's performance and hear him describe what it feels like to come back to "the best job [he's] ever had."

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 03 Nov 2016, 13:32 | Message # 37
The game has had no updates for over a year and sadly we must face the truth that it will probably never come out, even though no official announcement was made.

It's a sad thing since they had voice talent from the original Firefly cast, not to mention the app was a lot of fun and what they were showing for the game looked very promising.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 30 Nov 2016, 19:43 | Message # 38
An interview with Summer Glau on the event of recording new Firefly dialogue for the long overdue video game 'Firefly Online'.

No power in the Verse can stop her: Summer Glau returns to portray the brilliant, delicate, yet deadly River Tam for Firefly Online. After her recording session, Glau discussed rekindling her "natural connection" with River that "still feels like a piece of [her]" after all these years. Summer reflects on River and the Firefly family.

First posted online on April 2nd, 2015 in the 'Firefly Cortex' Steam app, but since taken down. Now kindly brought to you again.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 22 May 2017, 19:30 | Message # 39
Augmented Reality Podcast talked to FOX about the future of the long-anticipated Firefly Online game and it's current state. Official information on the game is scarce (the actors or studios are said to be under a massive gag order from FOX), but they've managed to dig up some information that sheds some light on what's happening with the game.

Summarizing up the podcast.
Product launch: The original ship date was estimated to be late 2016 to summer 2017, open beta was to roll out in 2015 most likely late into that year or early 2016.
Payroll for the project: There is still "payroll" going out on a monthly basis to project, This is the most interesting peice of info we have but it could also be them just "closing up shop" HOWEVER....
Server status: The server hosting "keepflying" while unreachable on the main page still has some working extensions such as the cortex link and some inner file systems, what is more important is that there are still email accounts on the server that are still getting "traffic" as in the drive sizes on those servers keep increasing.
Some other minor things that I cannot collaborate or confirm is spot placements at showcase conventions that are still reserved but again I cannot confirm this and it might be wishful thinking.
All in all, we could be surprised by an announcement and showcase this year. But if it does not drop in 2017 then it's on ice or canceled for sure... 100%... due to licensing and a possible reboot to the series planned for 2020 it's hard to say for sure where we go from here as fox is not the best company for "practical thinking".
I hope this info has helped bring some clarity and reasonable logical hope, or should nothing happen then knowing for sure the final status of it. However.... there is one big piece of hope we might have. and that is that the audio that was recorded by the actors might one day get leaked and give us a lot of listening to see how the story and campaign would have gone.

From my sources the Firefly reboot would be a total reboot, like star trek movies, the art and style would stay roughly the same but the narrative and center story would be changed a lot.
The story would focus on a grand civil war in the system.

*Note, I made a gaff during the podcast that some of you might have noticed, that Nathan Fillion my home boy did not record the lines for the player captain but rather himself. Wil Wheaton did the lines for the "player" male captain.

Link to the podcast on YouTube: Firefly Online: Alive or Cancelled?

A few remarks: First time I've heard about 2020 for a possible Firefly reboot. About Firefly Online game, my opinion is that this is a stalling tactic. It's unlikely the game will see the light one day and we'll never hear the voices of our beloved characters again through the game.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Voice Acting in 'Firefly Online' roleplaying game (Discussions about Summer's voice work in 'Firefly Online')
Page 3 of 3«123
Search: