Juke Joint!
By Admirator

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at MCM Belfast Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By robbo

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at MCM London Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

Game of Thrones
By robbo

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

New comments

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

John Crooks on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

robbo on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Serenity Comic - All Aboard the feels train

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

RedsBaron on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

New videos

00:01:17

00:14:30

00:03:40

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 3123»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Jeff 1000 - Web series for WIRED magazine
Jeff 1000 - Web series for WIRED magazine
Date: Sunday, 2014 Jun 22, 16:50 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

It looks like Summer Glau is working on a new project involving David Arquette...and Terminators (or at least robots)! An image featuring Summer and David on set popped up online, inwhich both of them are standing in front of a life-size Terminator-like robot presented in what appears to be an exposition.

Take a look at this new image with Summer Glau and David Arquette, and the accompagnying hashtags:

#setlife #robots #terminator #summerglau #davidarquette #hollywood

Summer Glau working on a new project involving...Terminators

Please note there's no official announcement for now.
Of course, we will keep you up to date with any new information on this intriguing project.

What do you think of this new projects? Share your thoughts with us below.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 2014 Jun 22, 20:33 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

as big Terminator fan AND tscc-addict i think i just got a mini heartattack! and it's not even april 1st.... let's hope this is not just some accidental shot smile

Date: Sunday, 2014 Jun 22, 22:59 GMT | Message # 3

Friends

I knew this robot looks familiar:

Date: Sunday, 2014 Jun 22, 23:14 GMT | Message # 4

Site Admin

Quote tomek ()
I knew this robot looks familiar:

Awesome, thanks for the heads up, tomek.

I put together in one single post the two videos you uploaded, I hope you don't mind smile

Date: Sunday, 2014 Jun 22, 23:33 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

Everything we know so far, thanks to Kortolob at Summer Glau reddit (keep in mind that half of the statements will probably turn out to be wrong):

• The show, or the pilot episode, is called "Jeff1000" or "Jeff 1000".
  • They are just now shooting the pilot, so it's in its early stages.
  • It stars Summer Glau and David Arquette.[/size]
  • It might be produced by Dancing Star Films, which would be odd considering they seem to only make documentaries.
  • The show has something to do with robots and/or Terminators.
  • This scene takes place at an art gallery.

Allow me to add that we know the robot standing behind Summer Glau isn't a robot at all. It's a cleverly designed suit (with a real man inside) that employs animatronics to give the illusion of a lurching heavy mech. It was presented at Comic Con 2013. Check out the videos in post #3

Also it's filming in Los Angeles.

While it has been confirmed David Arquette is working on this project, we don't really know what is Summer's part. It could be a cameo as herself (as in an episode of "The Big Bang Theory") and the robot behind her is simply here to remind her Terminator role.

Date: Monday, 2014 Jun 23, 00:31 GMT | Message # 6

Site Admin

It looks like Summer Glau is wearing her own clothes in the picture with her and David Arquette that surfaced online, which strongly suggests she's appearing as herself and not as a fictional character (think her guest appearance in The Big Bang Theory).
Take a look at a close up of her and a photo of from Dallas Comic Con 2014 where Summer is wearing the same jacket:

Summer Glau wearing the same jacket as at Dallas Comic Con

As said above, the robot could be here to remind of Summer's role in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Date: Monday, 2014 Jun 23, 02:22 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

It might be produced by Dancing Star Films, which would be odd considering they seem to only make documentaries.

Unless it is one of those documentary leaned tv series or something and she is just appearing in the terms of "that mech is so badass, but is just a rusty piece of junk next to this cybernetic organism". Which would explain why Summer looks so unimpressed with the whole thing. biggrin

Or they might be experiencing a change of heart and attempting at tv series.

Date: Monday, 2014 Jun 23, 02:56 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

What I've found on google so far:

1. Most interestingly
http://www.dailytech.com/HAL+Mec....822.htm
and
http://www.dailytech.com/Cyberdy....288.htm

The Cyberdyne Corporation is mentioned in it. I guess it's just for comic relief as it is HAL used, but could this be in any relation to the project Summer is in if it is a documentary?

2. Don't even ask me wtf is this  blink
http://swordsandstitchery.blogspot.com/2012....a.html 

I have no idea.

3. Cool, but...
http://geektyrant.com/news....ne.html

I don't have 1,35$ m and I hate iPhone.

4. An old movie I've watched as a kid.
http://cosmiccatacombs.blogspot.com/2013_07_01_archive.html

Doubt it is related, but I had a brief flashback when I saw the pic w/ Summer actually... *shivers*

In short, I've found: nothing. sad

When information about something is that hard to find it means that it is either well kept and the thing may turn out that good, or that it is a low budged project that just hasn't got the promoting power, which may indicate a documentary, but it it may be still be good.

...or it is just too early and thus we can't find anything, which is the case tbh. -_-

Btw here's the link to the reddit page:

http://www.reddit.com/r.... 

Message edited by Metal - Monday, 2014 Jun 23, 03:01

Date: Monday, 2014 Jun 23, 08:31 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

Quote Metal ()
When information about something is that hard to find it means that it is either well kept and the thing may turn out that good, or that it is a low budged project that just hasn't got the promoting power, which may indicate a documentary, but it it may be still be good.

My personal investigations tend to support the documentary/ promotional action. I think I even know what this is all about, I just need to find the ultimate proof and put it in words.

Date: Monday, 2014 Jun 23, 13:51 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

After further investigations, we assume this is part of a promotional piece/documentary in the form of a web series on the making of a giant creature for Comic Con 2014.

Read more in the Blog section: Summer Makes a Cameo in Web Series About Robots?

A new 14-foot tall creature is being built for Comic Con 2014 as a collaboration between Stan Winston School, Legacy Effects, Conde Nast Entertainment and Stratasys. On this occasion, a new web series titled "GIANT CREATURES 2014", documenting the entire giant creature build will be produced.

Edit: I removed the video featuring a first look at the 2014 creature because the owners have made it private.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jun 24, 16:52 GMT | Message # 11

Site Admin

Well, it might the pilot for a TV show titled jeff1000 after all.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jun 24, 18:45 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

it sais the video is private?

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jun 25, 00:13 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

Quote Chris7 ()
it sais the video is private?

Thanks for noticing!
It wasn't when I embedded it here a few days ago. I had no other solution than removing the video.

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jun 25, 01:35 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

What we know so far is: 
  • That Summer is featured or stars in something concerning robots. 
  • That names such as Stan Winston is involved which cannot be pure low quality. 
  • There might or might not be a reason for just building a 1-foot mecha robot so it's either for it's own purpose or it might be a new future feature series. 
  • News around Summer is good for her careerand
     nothing's certain, but making guesses about it id fun. :D

That being said... I am more thinking it's a documentary and a rather cameo or why not co-hosting, but less towards the more desired tv series, but you van never know for sure. On the other hand, isn't it logical that they are building those mechs for something more than just to show off? They are all respected names and they are legendary and not really in need of promoting themselves to get job in Hollywood, so who knows, maybe they want to conquer the tv and internet so having second thoughts about this is not entirely unjustified either. We will probably see.

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jun 25, 01:54 GMT | Message # 15

Site Admin

Ref #14

By their own admission, the main reason these big FX companies are buiding these giant creatures is to raise awareness about their activity among the general public, hence the appearances at Comic Con. As you said, they don't need this to gain contracts in the tv/movie industry. They also acquire experience for real contracts with a real budget. As an aside, their creation are often used as movie/tv show props.

The latest news about this project is that it's actually the pilot for a TV show titled jeff1000 (and not a promotional piece/documentary in the form of a web series on the making of a giant creature for Comic Con 2014, as I suggested). No idea what is Summer Glau's involvement.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Jeff 1000 - Web series for WIRED magazine
Page 1 of 3123»
Search: