To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 712367»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Inside The Box (Short film by David Martín-Porras)
Inside The Box
Date: Thursday, 2012 Nov 15, 10:43 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

David Martín-Porras is the writer-director of this short film.

Synopsys
When the local District Attorney comes knocking, a Texan cop is forced to face a secret that he's been hiding from his wife in an effort to keep his family together.

"Inside the Box" is more than a short film. It will serve as a teaser for David's next project, the feature film "A Texas Story," which we are very excited to report has made it to the final round of the Sundance Screenwriters Lab.
Both the short and the feature deal with HIV criminalization. Many laws that are currently being enforced in dozens of U.S. states and in several countries around the world are rooted in nothing but ignorance and have put many innocent people in jail.

Summer Glau will play the role of Sofia.

Read the news : Help 'Inside the Box' raising funds

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2012 Nov 15, 13:53 GMT | Message # 2

Site Admin

The official Twitter account of the movie send us nice words on Summer's involvement in the movie :

Date: Thursday, 2012 Nov 15, 15:49 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

The production of the movie send us new informations on the rewards for the people who wants to donate (see previous News).

Since we are shooting now with the actors we want to close the reward of the screenplays signed. So we want (and we need) to limited the time and number of screenplays. So for the next two weeks (until november 26th) we are going to put a special promotion only for the fans who wanted to donate $150 and obtain a screenplay signed by actors and director. We are limiting that to 20 rewards, so the 20 first people who donate us $150 will obtain the "fan reward".

Date: Thursday, 2012 Nov 15, 21:15 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

Just to say that this way of donating money is often used for independent film shootings and for small production units.

So don’t be surprised by this way of producing movies, it does happen !

And if this movie has a significant purpose as “Inside The Box” does (and if Summer is a part of it), no problem to take part : so we can be an active part of it, whatever the money amount is !

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Date: Monday, 2012 Nov 19, 15:11 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

David Martin-Porras finished shooting 'Inside the Box', we should have pictures of Summer Glau on set this week, keep checking the site regularly.

You can contribute to the short, by donating money or by spreading the word, read more at : http://summer-glau.com/news....-11-379

Meanwhile, i invite you to learn more about David Martin-Porras, writer-director of the short and Summer Glau's co-stars Wilson Bethel and Regina King :
Inside the Box - Cast and Director

Update : All the work of post-production starts now and David Martin-Porras told us that the movie will be finished in February.

Date: Wednesday, 2012 Nov 21, 18:22 GMT | Message # 6

Site Admin

Costume designer at work :

Inside the Box - Costumes

Obviously, the photos on the left depicts the District Attorney clothing, while the photos on the middle and on the rights are respectively for Matt and Sofia.

Summer Glau : Sofia (Matt's wife)
Wilson Bethel : Matt (Texan cop)
Regina King : Stephanie (District Attorney)

Date: Friday, 2012 Nov 23, 14:29 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

First news on LAPanda, producer of 'Inside the Box' in Spanish media; you'll notice that Summer Glau is the main draw, just like what happened for 'The Legands of Hell's Gate'.

The other field, the production itself, emerges now with the short Inside The Box, David Martin-Porras, which counts among its cast with a whole Joss Whedon muse: Summer Glau, the actress Alphas and Firefly. "El short we have raised, funded and all, in just three months, "says Brunet, noting that the appetizer will be a feature film entitled A Texas Story.

Original article in Spanish.

Article translated in English via Google tranlate.

Date: Wednesday, 2012 Nov 28, 10:17 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

The official Twitter account for 'Inside the Box' posted the first photo of Summer Glau in the movie (they send it to us exclusively a few days ago, see News).

Date: Monday, 2012 Dec 17, 15:30 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

The production team released the first trailer for the short; they asked us to share it with you on the Summer Glau Wiki YouTube channel for more exposure :

Date: Monday, 2012 Dec 17, 15:38 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

I really appreciate that the production team keep the fans informed regularly via Twitter or Facebook.
Not to mention the direct emails to the fansites: they told us they have started to send the signed screenplays (Read Blogpost : Inside the Box - Get a Signed Screenplay)

Lucky fans, the number was limited to 20, should receive soon a screenplay signed by the director and the actors smile

Date: Monday, 2012 Dec 17, 22:14 GMT | Message # 11

Friends

Woohoo!

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Date: Monday, 2012 Dec 17, 22:15 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

What music did they use for the trailer? I really like it.

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Date: Tuesday, 2012 Dec 18, 14:38 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

Look what i found in my mailbox, a message from the producers of 'Inside the Box' smile

I would like to thank you very much for your donation and support. Thanks to you, we wrapped principal photography a couple of weeks ago and are currently editing the film. We think we will have the film ready by the end of February. We’re sure you’re going to love it!

We would like to send you an original screenplay signed by Summer Glau, Wilson Bethel, Regina King and our author, David Martin-Porras. They took a moment on set to sign these screenplays to show you all how much they appreciate your support.

Date: Tuesday, 2012 Dec 18, 15:01 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

Me: *reading thing*

-after reading it-

Me: surprised surprised ... biggrin yay!

Date: Tuesday, 2012 Dec 18, 16:37 GMT | Message # 15

Site Admin

Quote (TerminatorEmily)
Me: *reading thing*

-after reading it-

Me: surprised surprised ... biggrin yay!

Who said i'm gonna publish it, i might keep it for myself... spiteful

Or i might ask the producers first smile

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Inside The Box (Short film by David Martín-Porras)
Page 1 of 712367»
Search: