menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Now there's going to be another 3 Star Wars...
Now there's going to be another 3 Star Wars...
robboDate: Monday, 04 Nov 2013, 03:13 | Message # 16
Group: Friends
Star Wars Episode VII May Cast Chiwetel Ejiofor. According to Jedi News, actor Chiwetel Ejiofor is being considered for the cast of Episode VII, Unsurprisingly, It"s unclear at this point who Ejiofor would play in the movie, but he reportedly met with director J.J. Abrams this week in London. You can currently watch Chiwetel Ejiofor in his starring role as Solomon Northup in Steve McQueen"s 12 Years A Slave, Ejiofor is no stranger to the sci-fi genre, hardcore Joss Whedon fans will know Ejiofor from Serenity in 2005, Ejiofor played The Operative, the cunning intelligence agent of the Alliance.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 04 Nov 2013, 08:30 | Message # 17
Group: Administrators
Good for Chiwetel Ejiofor, I loved him in Serenity.

'SERENITY' movie Photocall, as part of the Edinburgh International Film Festival. (left to right back, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Chris Buchanan, Gina Torres, Adam Baldwin, Summer Glau, Chiwetel Ejiofor. FRONT ROW left to right: Morena Baccarin, JOss Whedon, Nathan Fillian.) Edinburgh, Scotland, 22.08.05

Serenity premiere 59th Edinburgh IFF - August 22, 2005
Watch more photos from the event in the Gallery.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Tuesday, 05 Nov 2013, 01:28 | Message # 18
such a great "Serenity" movie photocall, love the photo of the crew great memories nice to see Chiwetel Ejiofor amongst the crew, yes indeed I loved him too he played a great part in "Serenity" trying to track down "River Tam" but she was far to clever and outwitted him, pure Chiwetel "River" was just to good.

robboDate: Sunday, 05 Jan 2014, 04:39 | Message # 19
Boba Fett Reportedly Set For Star Wars Spin-off Movie
Although we are yet to have any confirmation of exactly who will be the "stars" of Disney"s Star Wars spin-off movies, the bounty hunter Boba Fett is seemingly all but confirmed as the focus of one of the two films currently in development. Adding to previous reports, Metalocapypse director Jon Schnepp claims to knows that Lawrence Kasdan is on board to write the Boba Fett film: "One of [the spin-offs] is Boba Fett. It is, I know for a fact, I will never reveal my source but it is the one written by Lawrence Kasdan," Of course this should be kept firmly in the rumour mill, however, I would welcome a Boba Fett film and I"m confident that Kasdan - who is currently rewriting Star Wars: Episode VII alongside J.J. Abrams - could do something very interesting with the incredibly limited character.
Via FM.com

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 05 May 2014, 12:54 | Message # 20
May the 4th be with you!

River with Lightsaber ( image by Gabriel Wolfe)

River Tam with Lightsaber

robboDate: Friday, 07 Nov 2014, 02:32 | Message # 21
"Star Wars: Episode VII" Title Revealed

Disney has unveiled the title of the J.J. Abrams-directed "Star Wars: Episode VII" film through its official Twitter account, ending months of speculation about what it might be.

The studio confirms that "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has also wrapped principal photography. Perhaps the most surprising (and welcome) thing about the title, aside from its resemblance to the even cooler sounding "Force Unleashed" of the video game series, is the thankful dropping of the 'Episode' numbers from the title.

I wonder, does this title make any sense. I just feel it could be misleading in where or what they could be doing with the story.

Via: DH

TalonDate: Friday, 07 Nov 2014, 06:45 | Message # 22
Robbo for me the story of Star Wars begins and ends with Episodes 4 through 6...the prequels were decent attempts, but to me it was just to flashy and little substance. Things just did not seem to mesh well together. Now with Episode 7, I'm not sure...I liked what Abrams did with Star Trek and I'm a fan of the old series and TNG series. 

Since Disney has killed off the Expanded Universe, there was a lot of material they could've pulled from there...I just don't know.

But regardless I'll still see it, it will be 10 years since Episode 3 was released back in 2005.

The world is cruel...so I laugh at the irony.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 07 Nov 2014, 11:47 | Message # 23
The original 1977 poster for ‘Star Wars’

Star Wars (later retitled Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope) is a 1977 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas. The film stars Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, and Alec Guinness. It is the third-highest grossing film in the world when figures are adjusted to modern-day inflation. (Photo by: Universal History Archive/UIG via Getty images)

The original 1977 poster for ‘Star Wars’

The very first Star Wars poster by Brothers Hildebrandt, 1976, before the film was introduced.

Film poster for George Lucas film 'Star Wars' an American epic space/science fiction film series created by George Lucas. (Photo by: Universal History Archive/UIG via Getty images)

Film poster for George Lucas film 'Star Wars' an American epic space/science fiction film series created by George Lucas.

Carrie Fisher's lascivious pose.

A poster for George Lucas' 1977 fantasy film 'Star Wars' starring Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. (Photo by Movie Poster Image Art/Getty Images)

A poster for George Lucas' 1977 fantasy film 'Star Wars' starring Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher

Luke And Leia

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher in costume as brother and sister Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in George Lucas' Star Wars trilogy, 1977. (Photo by Terry O'Neill/Getty Images)

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher in costume as brother and sister Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in George Lucas' Star Wars trilogy, 1977

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 22 Dec 2014, 08:39 | Message # 24
What a Star Wars airport would look like! SO COOL!
Credit: Frank Wunderlich

robboDate: Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014, 02:57 | Message # 25
# 24  Absolutely wicked or what!

robboDate: Tuesday, 06 Jan 2015, 03:46 | Message # 26
The Raid 2's Iko Uwais And Yayan Ruhian Join Star Wars 7

Three stars from critically-acclaimed action movie The Raid 2 have joined the cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Iko Uwais, Cecep Arif Rahman and Yayan Ruhian took part in a top-secret shoot for the JJ Abrams sequel, reports The Wrap.

The trio reportedly were included in a dramatic fight scene fro Star Wars: The Force Awakens, although their exact roles have not been disclosed. 

Principal photography on the movie wrapped back in November 2014, following filming in Ireland, Abu Dhabi and at Pinewood Studios in the UK.

The ensemble cast for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will include John Boyega as Stormtrooper Finn, Daisy Ridley as Rey and Oscar Isaac as X-wing pilot Poe Dameron. 

Original Star Wars trilogy stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker and Peter Mayhew will also be reprising their iconic roles. 

Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens on December 18 in cinemas worldwide. 

Via: The Wrap

robboDate: Saturday, 17 Jan 2015, 02:30 | Message # 27
10 Films And TV Series For The 'Star Wars' Fan 

Firefly / Serenity 

Firefly is a space western created by Joss Whedon (The Avengers) that premiered in 2002, running only one season before it was cancelled by Fox. 

Starring Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Summer Glau and Ron Glass. Firefly revolves around a group of people who fought on the losing side of a civil war and are now banished to the outskirts of society. 

The series has been lauded for its balance of action and humor while also focusing on serious character studies - the latter of which was never very evident from from Fox's marketing of the show. 

Although the series was cancelled before the first season had even concluded, Firefly's avid following sparked a follow-up feature film, Serenity. Although Whedon has never ruled out a return to the series, it appears a new film or TV series isn't likely any time soon. 

Via: CS-TV

robboDate: Saturday, 31 Jan 2015, 04:05 | Message # 28
Disney Chief Confirms "Star Wars" Plans

Up until now, the only two release dates confirmed for new "Star Wars" films have been J.J. Abrams' "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" on December 18th this year along with Gareth Edwards' spin-off film on December 16th next year.

Talking with Disney shareholders this week, Disney CEO Bob Iger has confirmed that we will see the release of "Star Wars: Episode VIII" in 2017 and "Star Wars: Episode IX" in 2019 with the last being the "end of this trilogy" which suggests more sequel trilogies may happen down the line.

He interestingly enough did NOT mention the second standalone film in the works as yet. Iger admits he's seen much of the rough version of 'The Force Awakens' as it exists at this point and believes the film is 'worth the wait'.

In less official news, Total Geeks is claiming that "Orphan Black" star Tatiana Maslany has beaten out her competition to win the coveted lead female role in Gareth Edward's "Star Wars" spin-off film.

Finally, DICE has unveiled some new concept art for their upcoming multiplayer shooter video game title "Star Wars: Battlefront" over at IGN.

Source: SW Underworld

STAR WARS: EPISODE VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI [1983] [L-R] Executive Producer GEORGE LUCAS, HARRISON FORD, ANTHONY DANIELS as 'C-3P0', CARRIE FISHER, KENNY BAKER as 'R2-D2', MARK HAMILL, PETER MAYHEW as 'Chewbacca', Director RICHARD MARQUAND

STAR WARS: EPISODE VI - RETURN OF THE JEDISTAR WARS: EPISODE VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI

robboDate: Sunday, 12 Apr 2015, 01:28 | Message # 29
Sofia Boutella Gets Secret Role In "Star Trek 3"

Sofia Boutella has been cast in the third "Star Trek" film at Paramount Pictures, Skydance Productions and Bad Robot.

Boutella, who played the sword-footed assassin Gazelle in Matthew Vaughn's "Kingsman: The Secret Service," will play a mysterious but major role in the next Trek film.

Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin and John Chu are reprising their roles in the film, but plot details are under wraps.

Justin Lin directs from a script by Simon Pegg and Doug Jung. Shooting is slated to begin this summer ahead of a July 8th 2016 release.

Via: Variety

Sofia Boutella attends the Jameson Empire Awards 2015 at Grosvenor House, on March 29, 2015 in London, England.
Crédits : John Phillips

Sofia Boutella attends the Jameson Empire Awards 2015Sofia Boutella attends the Jameson Empire Awards 2015

robboDate: Sunday, 16 Aug 2015, 01:08 | Message # 30
Mikkelsen, Tudyk Join "Star Wars: Rogue One"

Disney Pictures used their live-action panel at the D23 Expo to unveil the first official photo of the cast of Gareth Edwards' "Star Wars: Rogue One" and in the process revealed a few additions to the cast.

the cast of Gareth Edwards'

The already confirmed Felicity Jones is joined by Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, Riz Ahmed and Alan Tudyk as a performance-capture character.

They've also re-dubbed the non-Episode "Star Wars" films, no longer using the "Star Wars Anthology" moniker and now calling them "A Star Wars Story". "Rogue One" is set for release on December 16th 2016.

Alan Tudyk is no stranger to space, having piloted the titular Firefly spaceship Serenity in that Joss Whedon TV series and movie. He’ll be playing a performance-capture character in Rogue One, something which he did previously in the good old days of motion-capture... in 2004, when he appeared as Sonny the robot in I, Robot. He's also an experienced voice actor, having provided character tones for the Disney films Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen and Big Hero 6. Only time will tell what creature, monster or droid he’ll bring to life in Rogue One…

Via: StarWars.Com

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Now there's going to be another 3 Star Wars...
Search: