menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Do you think Skylar Adams will join Stanton Parish?
Do you think Skylar Adams will join Stanton Parish?
Do you think Skylar Adams will join Stanton Parish and let Zoe be used by Red Flag?
1.He promised her daughter protection so I think she will[ 2 ][8.33%]
2.She might be the double agent for the Alphas, the way Rosen's daughter is doing for Red Flag[ 12 ][50.00%]
3.I hope not. Summer Glau is always a goodie.[ 5 ][20.83%]
4.No, I do not think so. She wants to shoot him right now.[ 8 ][33.33%]
Poll has expired - Monday, 12 Nov 2012, 10:28
Answers total: 24
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012, 10:25 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
At the end of Alphas season 2 episode 6 'Alphaville', Skylar escapes with her daughter Zoe and is later approached by Stanton Parish himself. He offers Skylar "to help make the world a better place" by providing "an environment that child like Zoe and Skylar herself can shrive in".

Will she join him and let her daughter's power become a tool of Red Flag? Take the poll!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

The1RussterDate: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012, 16:46 | Message # 2
Group: Writer
It's hard to say. The situation is complex.

Frankly, I think Skylar just wants to be left alone to raise Zoe without interference but with the support of a community.

She lost that community in 2x06 and she has no reason to trust Parish after his lackey's destroyed it.
Given her issues with Rosen, I doubt she'd turn to him or his group.

I would say she would probably strike out on her own again, but we already know she's returning for two more episodes so that doesn't seem likely.

So like I said, it's complex. I'll wait and see where the series takes us to find out.

Oh yeah! I hope she zaps Parish. I really hate assholes who go about acting all gentrified when in truth all they want is power and destruction.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Thursday, 13 Sep 2012, 16:46

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012, 16:56 | Message # 3
You make good points Russell.

We know that, as hard she'd like to avoid all this, she'll be involved in the latest episodes.

She turned down Rosen's offer once, and given the way she greeted him at the begining of Alphas 2x06, it's unlikely she'll join the team.

Quote (The1Russter)
who go about acting all gentrified when in truth all they want is power and destruction.

That's also the card he played with Rosen in last Monday episode; he feigned to want to collaborate with Rosen but all he wanted is see the alpha team's lair and cause more destruction (see how he planted a seed in Gary's mind).

I already know the answer to the poll's question btw, but i'll wait till more people answer before spoiling it biggrin

AlexDate: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012, 17:16 | Message # 4
Group: Bloggers
This is a complex question and I don't have a definite answer. On the one hand, Skylar is counterculture and she wants to remain free of any association with any authoritarian group such as government, a terrorist organization like Red Flag, or anything else. Her approach in the past was to hide and remain on the fringes.

On the other hand, she has a daughter who has has awoken in Skylar a very strong maternal instinct that Skylar has to struggle to reconcile with her extreme loner tendencies. She has to take Zoe into account in any decisions that she makes: Zoe's safety, her welfare, her education, and her growth. She has to be able to provide for her daughter which means that she needs access to food, shelter, clothing, and a community where Zoe can grow and be safe.

Skylar's struggle to reconcile these demands takes away from her ability to focus and may explain, in part, why she appears to be more vulnerable. Simply put, she is likely to make more mistakes. She is also coming to terms with taking care of an extremely precocious and very gifted child who truly has special needs. In a sense, we are seeing Summer play the role of Sarah Connor which I can only imagine is very rewarding and challenging for her both professionally and personally.

Complicating all of this is that we don't really know which way she will turn. She has three choices: support Rosen, support Parrish, or turn completely away. But any choice has consequences. If she chooses Rosen, then Parrish will try to steal Zoe and he is prepared to kill Zoe and Skylar if he has to as he does not want either to fall into Rosen's hands. Skylar knows this. If she chooses Parrish, she is making a deal with the devil in that she will eventually be hurt and she won't be able to protect Zoe. And even if she decides to try and hide, by the end of the episode, we know this is not an option as she is found.

Parrish kills anyone who is allied with him if he regards them as at all threatening or if they are of no further use to him. Essentially, he is without morals, scruples, or any redeeming mental qualities. He is a psychopath as I understand it and he has delusions of grandeur and a lust for power which would also make him a megalomaniac. This is one dangerous, sick puppy who is not to be trusted and must be stopped. He happens to be an Alpha but he has no real desire to help other Alphas, only to use them to serve his own desire for power.

Skylar, as with most extreme geniuses, is not necessarily that aware of people and their motives. She generally distrusts people and organizations because of what she has learned through interactions with them but she is not cunning or perceptive in the way that both Rosen and Parrish are. And of course we have to realize too that to Skylar, Rosen and Parrish seem very similar. And she is right to think so because Rosen and Parrish have an innate understanding of people and their motives; they are also very good at manipulating them. As an aside, I am surprised that no one has mentioned that Rosen has, in a sense, a quasi-alpha ability in that he can manipulate and reason with people to bend them to his will albeit in a very agreeable and benevolent way. It is this ability and Rosen's insights into Parrish that really frighten Parrish to the extent that Parrish will try to destroy Rosen by any means possible.

So ultimately, I think it will be as much an external decision, forced on Skylar by what transpires, rather than her own decision. She will, I hope, assist Rosen but there is a chance that Parrish may get her to do his bidding.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012, 17:54 | Message # 5
Quote (Alex)
Rosen has, in a sense, a quasi-alpha ability in that he can manipulate and reason with people to bend them to his will albeit in a very agreeable and benevolent way.

It's funny you mention that because a lot Alphas's fans have stated since the begining that Rosen is an alpha himself and there's been a lot of debates among the fans..whereas week after week, we have evidences that Rosen is not affected by device that affect the alphas and we have yet to see that he used an extraordinary ability (except the one you mentioned).
And even if fans are being shown reasonnable arguments, they're still not convinced, saying that's it's a trick from the writers and that Rosen's ability will be revealed soon; i find it very amusing.

As Russell and you brillantly explained, there is no easy response to the question i asked; we can't give a definitive response from what we've seen on screen and ultimately it will be the writers decision only; the best hint we have on Skylar's decision is that it will affect the continuation of the story and we know that Skylar is coming back; that she's coming back in the finals episodes means she plays a pivotal role in the battle between Rosen and Stanton.

That said, i will soon show you evidences, not just a hinch, that will provide a definitive answer. Stay tuned devil

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 14 Sep 2012, 21:30 | Message # 6
Quote (chrisdvanne)
That said, i will soon show you evidences, not just a hinch, that will provide a definitive answer. Stay tuned

I lied.

I doubt the writers would have showed that scene if Skylar wasn't going to join Parish; she is desperate to protect her daughter, and Parish is offering that protection. That said, i think it will be a temporary alliance, and she definitely owes him no loyalty after Scipio kidnapped her daughter.

My take on this is that she'll join the Dark Side (see what i mean) but she'll turn against her Master at the end, kinda like what Darth Vader did. Will it be willingly or when the right opportunity presents itself or forced by Rosen, i don't know.

Though i have the proof that Stanton Parish will use one of the weapons Skylar build for the NSA (remember 'Bob') and will probably need Zoe's supercalculating abilities; see blogpost : Alphas - Stanton Parish memory flashes reveal Skylar name

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 21 Sep 2012, 12:03 | Message # 7
It looks like we won't have to wait till the finals episodes to see Skylar's voltaic grenades seen in Parish memory flashes; they appear as a deadly mass murder weapons in next Monday episode, as seen in the trailer.

Skylar's voltaic grenades

The synopsys also says that Cameron joined Parish. Alphas writers seem to have defied our predictions, which is for the best if you ask me.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 01 Oct 2012, 00:29 | Message # 8
Quote (The1Russter)
Skylar is too insightful not to realize that Parish would use her and even Zoe for his own ends regardless of any promises he may make. However, that wouldn't stop her from trying to get something from him. Truth is, all Skylar wants is to be able to raise Zoe in a safe environment where she won't become an object to be experimented upon or used for her abilities. Truth is, Skylar would be safer under Rosen's care, but his connection with the government is a big turn off for Skylar. Skylar is in a no win situation until she trusts someone eventually.

It is not clear how Parish learned about these voltaic grenades that we saw in episode 2x09; did Skylar (who designed them as i showed you earlier) revealed their existence to Parish?

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 07 Oct 2012, 17:22 | Message # 9
I think we have the answer, according to the promo photos for ep 2x13 featuring Skylar Adams working with Rosen's team :

Alphas 2.13 God's Eye Promo

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 11:39 | Message # 10
Since everything is not as simple as it seems in Alphas, the final answer to the question i asked in this thread "Will Skylar Adams will join Stanton Parish?" is : yes and no.

Yes, because she has apparently agreed to work for Stanton and build various device for him, at least that’s what we see at the begining of Alphas ep 2.12 'Need to Know'

No, because she wasn't there of her own volition; she's been manipulated by an alpha and plunged into an alternative reality.

It’s twisted and fits with the tone Alphas has been adopting recently.

Here's a transcript of the lines at the end of the episode when Skylar explains how she get into the "Twilight Zone" :

Skylar : Parish. He asked me to work for him. I told him to go screw himself...and then we ended up in this twilight zone.

You'll notice that Skylar is definitively working with Rosen's team at the end of the episode and also in the season finale (watch the trailer).

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Do you think Skylar Adams will join Stanton Parish?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: