menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Favorite Summer Series 2012 Poll - Vote for Alphas
Favorite Summer Series 2012 Poll - Vote for Alphas
chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 18 Aug 2012, 11:43 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Alphas logo banner

The Entertainment Hotline is conducting a new poll to crown your 'Favorite Summer Scripted Series 2012'

Summer is coming to a close and after 2 wonderful weeks of Olympics we have a few more episodes left of our favorite summer shows before the fall season comes into full swing. There have been returning favorites, new hits and some major surprises. Now it is your turn to turn out and vote for your favorites!

You can show your support to Summer Glau by voting for Alphas (you can vote only once).

Voting will be open through August 31, 2012 and the winner will be announced on September 1.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 18 Aug 2012, 11:58

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 18 Aug 2012, 14:32 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
Azita Ghanizada will always get my admiration for what she has accomplished as an Afghan woman
but of course Summer Glau gets it. She has done some good stuff and nobody can take that away from her. She owns a legacy, which is hers for all time.
I am disadvantaged insofar that I don't get to see Alphas until next year. Can you believe that Alphas s1, ep1 is showing tonight on Syfy SKY in the UK. They have already shown the entire series 3 times to my knowledge and I had recorded it anyway.
I can't vote for something that I haven't seen. (I know people do).

Listen guys in the UK, go to this link:
http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/day/0
and then type in the top right hand corner, 'Alphas season 2' or in my case;' Alphas season 2 for God's sake, not season 1'
Sky execs do read these requests and try to bring back the most asked for. Perhaps that is why they are showing T:SCC on 5* again? I repeatedly key it in my keypad or online. (This is what they tell me, I have to believe what I am told. Perhaps it is BS?)

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 19 Aug 2012, 06:48 | Message # 3
The results so far : it's looking good for Alphas smile

Favorite Summer Scripted Series 2012

Alphas: 25.14%

Breaking Bad: 0.94%

Burn Notice: 2.32%

Common Law: 10.02%

Covert Affairs: 2.34%

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 04 Sep 2012, 09:15 | Message # 4
The poll is over and the site published the winner's list.

Alphas is the Winner of The Entertainment Hotline’s Favorite Summer Series 2012 Poll

Alphas Promo picture

Congrats to Alphas ! The sophomore Syfy series about a group of humans with extraordinary abilities scored the number one slot by a landslide helped in a big part by the addition of super popular sci fi sweetheart Summer Glau to the cast in a recurring role this season.

I'm glad the Summer Glau Wiki supported Alphas and helped insure its victory, as mentioned in the comments on the poll's winners biggrin

Alphas needs all our support to get a third season. The writers definitely deserve some recognition for the quality writing and character development this season.

Watch the show on Syfy at 8pm

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 04 Sep 2012, 12:44 | Message # 5
I will be able to draw my own conclusion within the next 3 months, hopefully. By that time you would have all forgotten about Alphas and Summer, gone on to whatever else she is doing and be talking about that instead.

speedcreed114Date: Tuesday, 04 Sep 2012, 16:43 | Message # 6
I'll vote for Alphas!!! biggrin

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 08 Sep 2012, 12:33 | Message # 7
The Entertainment Hotline's sister site, Multipleverses, is conducting the classical (old?) poll : Favorite Prematurely Cancelled Sci Fi Series Poll

You can choose between the more than 30 series listed; i voted for TSCC, of course.

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 08 Sep 2012, 13:31 | Message # 8
I went there and voted and left a large feedback. I'll put this link in my twitter to all the TSCC fans..... NOW.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 16 Sep 2012, 02:00 | Message # 9
Terminator :The Sarah Connor Chronicles Wins 'Favorite Prematurely Cancelled Sci Fi Series' Poll at Multipleverses

1. Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles (1701 votes, 26.17%)
2. Legend of the Seeker (1125 votes, 17.31%)
3. Firefly ( 916 votes, 14.09 wacko
4. The Secret Circle ( 723 votes, 11.12%)
5. New Amsterdam ( 625 votes, 9.61%)
6. V (406 votes, 6.25%)
7. Terra Nova ( 125 votes, 1.92%)
8. Dollhouse and Stargate Universe – tied both with (85 votes, 1.31%)
10. Dark Angel (68 votes, 1.05%)

robboDate: Sunday, 16 Sep 2012, 02:27 | Message # 10
without a shadow of a doubt voted for tscc great to see the show at the top of the pile doesnt matter what poll they do this show will always win its got a great following regarding people voting just shows the amount of followers that would be welcome this show back with open arms nice to see the secret circle in fourth surprised it got cancelled after 1 season my thoughts were ive seen worse thats on the tv at the moment i thought it deserved another bite at the cherry but i might be wrong happy

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 16 Sep 2012, 02:41 | Message # 11
I've just seen a series named Arrow coming to UK TV on Sky. We were shown a preamble and it looks quite like the Cape. How about that? Insofar that there is a secret person that jumps through windows and protects people. It's worth checking.

Oh and yeah, I voted TSCC too. I always appreciate seeing these voting polls, even if it does not accomplish much, it makes me feel better.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 16 Sep 2012, 07:01 | Message # 12
Quote (KevinInScotland)
Oh and yeah, I voted TSCC too. I always appreciate seeing these voting polls, even if it does not accomplish much, it makes me feel better.

Same for me.

I left a comment on the site :

The top list doesn’t surprise me; TSCC, LotS and Firefly are known for having dedicated online fan bases.

Even if John Connor/Thomas Dekker played in The Secret Circle, i didn’t watch it but its cancellation is recent and i guess fans are still pushing for a come back. I’m glad New Amsterdam is on the top five; i love the stories with “immortals” since i watched Highlander with Christophe Lambert and Sean Connery

Quote (KevinInScotland)
I've just seen a series named Arrow coming to UK TV on Sky. We were shown a preamble and it looks quite like the Cape. How about that?

robbo mentioned the serie yesterday and i've embedded a trailer in the dedicated thread : News pilots and tv shows for 2012

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 02 May 2013, 14:15 | Message # 13
Vote in The SFX Awards 2013.

Alphas is nominated in the 'Best TV show' and 'Best TV Episode' categories.

Alphas Production Stills

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Favorite Summer Series 2012 Poll - Vote for Alphas
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: