menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 03 Dec 2012, 00:40 | Message # 91
Group: Administrators
I have a gift for you biggrin

Here's a screencap from another promo video released by The Hallmark Channel, showing Summer Glau as Christine Prancer, the undercover elf from Santa's village :

Promo Trailer

I will unveil the video tomorrow, stay tuned!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 03 Dec 2012, 01:34 | Message # 92
Group: Friends
I believe 'Prancer' was also the name of one of Santa's reindeers? As well as her being an elf that prances.

I hope Summer get's to look at some of these postings because I wish her all the best. Many well-known actresses appear in Christmas films.

Does America have pantomimes? If they do, "look behind you". (Get it? Probably not. hohoho).
(If you want me to explain, I will).

ChoupyDate: Monday, 03 Dec 2012, 01:38 | Message # 93
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I will unveil the video tomorrow, stay tuned!

We stay tuned! Go Go Go ^^

wink

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 04 Dec 2012, 17:43 | Message # 94
Here's the Hallmark promo airing on the channel to promote 'The Countdown to Christmas', i.e. the 12 new original movies, including Help for the Holidays.
Only a few movies are featured in this short promo, and not Summer Glau's Christmas movie, unfortunately.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 05 Dec 2012, 10:56 | Message # 95
Article :

'Hallmark Channel's Original Holiday Movies Draw Record Viewers' at tv.broadwayworld.com

Hallmark Channel's Saturday night original holiday movies continue to draw record viewers, with the December 1st premiere of "A Bride for Christmas" drawing nearly 5.3 million unduplicated viewers, garnering a 3.0 household rating, and claiming the distinction as the #1 Saturday cable movie for the 5th consecutive week. In addition, the movie further built on the network's positive "Countdown to Christmas" momentum, ranking as the #1 cable program of the day and Hallmark Channel's #1 original movie of the year among households and total viewers.

Following up on this success, the Sunday, December 2nd premiere of original movie "The Christmas Heart" rated as the #2 cable movie of the day, with a 2.9 household rating and over 5.1 million unduplicated viewers. The #3 cable program of Sunday, "The Christmas Heart" now ranks as Hallmark Channel's 2nd highest original movie of the year among total viewers and 3rd highest rated original movie of the year among households.

I hope this trend will continue next week with the premiere of 'Come Dance with me' on Saturday 8 and 'Help for the Holidays' on Sunday 9. The romantic comedy 'Comes Dance with me' is heavily promoted by Hallmark on Facebook, Youtube or at their website but nothing for Summer Glau's movie so far.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 05 Dec 2012, 19:47 | Message # 96
I made a movie poster for Summer Glau's Christmas movie 'Help for the Holidays' for the SG Wiki, see Blogpost.

chrisdvanne

Since Hallmark Channel does not bother to add pictures or movie poster to the IMDb page for their movies, i thought it would be great if IMDb picks up this movie poster.
Alas i was very well aware that firstly the movie poster may not be professional-looking enough for IMDb and secondly only authorized representatives of films, such as production's director, producer or publicist are allowed to add movie posters.

But it's Christmas time and miracles can happen...

And now my cute lill movie poster is the official movie poster for 'Help for the Holidays' at The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) cool B) biggrin :D

official movie poster for 'Help for the Holidays' at IMDb

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 05 Dec 2012, 20:00 | Message # 97
I managed to lay the hand on new promo images for 'Help for the Holidays' and a sneak peek video as well; but since the site is experiencing an unsusual long loading time, due to our host conducting a scheduled maintenance, i won't share them immediately.

It's a shame because the pictures are beautiful and the sneak peek features Summer's elven side in a funny scene.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 11:24 | Message # 98
Eva LaRue (who plays the busy mom on Help for the Holidays) joined Marie Osmond on the set of Marie’s Hallmark talk show titled “Marie” on Wednesday, December 5.

From the press release :
Marie welcomes the talented star of “CSI: Miami,” Eva La Rue, who dishes on how her husband Joe proposed not once, but twice and how her daughter played a part in their reconciliation. Eva also tells Marie about her Hallmark Channel Original Movie, “Help for the Holidays.”

Eva LaRue on set of Marie Osmond talk show at HallmarkEva LaRue on set of Marie Osmond talk show at Hallmark

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 12:04 | Message # 99
WOW wee, well spotted Chris. I guess Maria has given up stage shows, she can't sing forever. She's done well getting a chat show and is perfectly suited for it. I'm pleased for Eva that she was invited.

I'm quite envious of all those stars meeting more stars and possessing all that talent, dress sense and looking great.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 15:45 | Message # 100
Since you seem to love Marie Osmond so much, here's a short video of her greeting her fans while departing Pantages Theatre in Hollywood, taken the day she chatted with Eva LaRue.

We've seen in post #45 that Garret Dillahunt (Chromartie/John Henry in TSCC) was on the show a few days ago and now it would be great to have Summer Glau in Marie's show.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 08 Dec 2012, 01:19 | Message # 101
Those who have access to PixL channel, available on Dish Network and Sky Angel, can watch the movie on December 8 at 1:30 am or 7:30 pm and on December 9 at 7:30 am.
I would really appreciate if an American fan could DVR 'Help for the Holiday' and send us the movie so that we can share part of it with the fans who don't live in the US at the Summer Glau Wiki.

ChoupyDate: Saturday, 08 Dec 2012, 01:27 | Message # 102
Yes please, It's a good idea ^^

wink

Message edited by Choupy - Saturday, 08 Dec 2012, 01:27

robboDate: Saturday, 08 Dec 2012, 03:57 | Message # 103
great idea that would be amazing, would be nice to try and watch the film on the summer glau wiki. happy smile

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 08 Dec 2012, 17:02 | Message # 104
The official Twitter account for Hallmark Channel is calling for Summer Glau fans to support 'Help for Holidays'.

We must not pass up this unique opportunity to show that the Summer Glau fandom is a force to be reckoned with; i strongly invite all fans to re-tweet and favorite @hallmarkchannel tweet above or the following one (i added a link to the images so you can re-tweet directly from this post). Imagine the impact if these tweets have 100 re-tweets and as much favorites.

Don't forget to leave a nice comment under Hallmark's posts related to 'Help for the Holidays' on their Facebook page and share them on your timeline :

First post on Hallmark's Facebook page

First post on Hallmark's Facebook page

This is very important to leave a comment on Facebook because you will reach directly the Hallmark audience; these viewers would maybe not have thought about watching 'Help for the Holidays' but might if we advertise the movie. In this regard, you may use the tagline in this thread : Create a tagline for Help for the Holidays

ChoupyDate: Saturday, 08 Dec 2012, 18:05 | Message # 105
I did so ! Thank for information.

For Summer Glau !!

wink

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Search: