[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 6 of 17«12456781617»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
TerminatorEmilyDate: Tuesday, 27 Nov 2012, 04:04 | Message # 76
Group: Friends
Yes. I hope with all of my heart and hope ness and might and stuff that it will be available on itunes if not...I'll cry cry cry cry cry

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

robboDate: Tuesday, 27 Nov 2012, 04:33 | Message # 77
hopefully shouldnt be a problem getting hold of the film after its been televised on the hallmark channel, theres lots of options probably the following day after its been aired, but fingers crossed we can get hold of the film otherwise oops sick as a parrot. smile

TerminatorEmilyDate: Tuesday, 27 Nov 2012, 04:35 | Message # 78
yes. biggrin

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 29 Nov 2012, 17:13 | Message # 79
Group: Administrators
Hallmark Channel doesn't add promo images or movies posters for their movies at IMDb...but this is Summer Glau we're talking about ;-)

Help for the Holidays (2012) at IMDb

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 30 Nov 2012, 11:09 | Message # 80
Funny piece of trivia :

Summer mentioned in an interview that her character Christine in 'Help for the holidays' "pulls candy canes out from behind people's ears all the time."

Here's a screencap from the latest BTS scene video, inwhich Christine uses that trick on the little boy :

magic trick in Help for the Holidays

Did you know this magic trick was used in a previous Christmas movie on The Hallmark Channel, "The Case for Christmas" (2011), starring Dean Cain ("Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman,")?

magic trick in The Case for Christmas
magic trick in The Case for Christmas

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 30 Nov 2012, 14:03 | Message # 81
'Help for the Holidays' premieres on Hallmark Channel on Sunday, December 9 at 8/7c and everyone should watch this schedule in order to get the best possible ratings but if you miss it, there are repeats throughout the month of December.

Thursday, December 13 at 8pm/7c
Sunday, December 16 at 2pm/1c
Tuesday, December 18 at 10pm/9c
Friday, December 21 at 6pm/5c
Saturday, December 22 at 12pm/11c:
Tuesday, December 25 at 12pm/11c

The1RussterDate: Friday, 30 Nov 2012, 19:31 | Message # 82
Group: Writer
We don't have cable or satellite, so no Hallmark for us. Even my sister, who has cable, doesn't get the Hallmark channel. sad

I'm not one to watch these kind of holiday films. I usually find them so sugary sweet they make me nauseous and they almost always follow the same plot with few differences. However, my curiosity is peaked because this is a very different role for Summer and I like to see an actor or actress try different roles. This film contains some humor and lighthearted moments thus making it a divergence from her usual dramatic choices. And we know Summer can deliver a humorous line or display good timing in a humorous scene since her time on Firefly. So I think it might be fun to watch, when I can see it.

Thanks for the schedule Chris. Now I know on what nights to go visit friends with cable and quietly suggest something to watch. biggrin

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

ChoupyDate: Saturday, 01 Dec 2012, 00:12 | Message # 83
Me too, I would really like to see 'Help for the Holidays' and Summer in elf the Sunday, December 9 and make the audience, but I do not have access to this channel.
I would be patient and I will buy the DVD when it comes out one day in French, at least I hope.
I hope many of you will be able to watch

wink

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 01 Dec 2012, 01:58 | Message # 84
@ The1Russter, Choupy

More than 50% of the SG fans i know are not American, which means they cannot watch the movie (that includes Canada and the UK).
Among the Americans fans, a large part are hard core scifi fans and don't care one bit about Grey's Anatomy, LOHG, or Help for The Holidays.
And among the American fans who are willing to watch it, some don't have access to Hallmark, just like you Russell.
This is just an approximation of course but the point is that SG fans won't make this Christmas movie a success or not and are not the targeted audience anyway.

Hallmark's traditional audience for this kind of movie is very far from the male scifi crowd but that doesn't mean we cannot have an influence. SG fans have little brothers and sisters, wifes, mothers, grandmas, who would be very hapy to watch Help for the Holidays, you just have to mention the movie at home and show them the trailer and promo stills.

If you want to have a direct impact, i strongly invite all SG fans on Facebook to leave comments mentioning the movie on the Facebook page for Hallmark; this is the best way to reach directly the audience.

The most successful Hallmark Christmas movies are romantic comedies; while Help for the Holidays is not a romantic comedy at first sight, those who have read the full synopsis know that the romance between Christine and uncle Dave has a large part in the movie. I'm very mad at Hallmark that they've completely ignored the romance in the trailer and BTS video and introduces only the Christmas spirit (main) plot.

ChoupyDate: Saturday, 01 Dec 2012, 10:35 | Message # 85
I agree with you and you're right, but it's still a shame not to see it upon its release.

Anyway, the dialogues are in English, i would certainly not understand much lol.

Concerning Facebook it's a good idea.

wink

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 02 Dec 2012, 17:28 | Message # 86
Quote (chrisdvanne)
The most successful Hallmark Christmas movies are romantic comedies; while Help for the Holidays is not a romantic comedy at first sight, those who have read the full synopsis know that the romance between Christine and uncle Dave has a large part in the movie. I'm very mad at Hallmark that they've completely ignored the romance in the trailer and BTS video and introduces only the Christmas spirit (main) plot.

The following screencap shows the latest promo video added by Hallmark to their Youtube channel.
As you can see the two most viewed promo videos are the romantic comedy 'Come Dance with Me' and 'Help for the Holidays' (the trend is stable since the vids were released), while the remaining Chrismas movies are drama-oriented.

A similar observation could be made if you take a look at the other batches of videos released previously; the most viewed promo videos are those for romantic comedies (and it is confirmed by the ratings of the movies themselves when they air on Hallmark).

That 'Help for the Holidays' is the second most viewed proves it has potential; if only Hallmark would communicate on the romance part. Alas, Christine's romantic interest, i.e. uncle Dave played by Jonh Brotherton, is completely absent from the promo video and the BTS video.

Here's another screencap showing The Hallmark Channel's homepage; as you can see, the promo stills used to advertise the movies feature a couple, except for 'Help for the Holidays'. A casual visitor will forge in his head an idea of what the movie is about, simply based on this pictures and might miss the potential of 'Help for the Holidays'.

TerminatorEmilyDate: Sunday, 02 Dec 2012, 17:31 | Message # 87
Nice! cool

ChoupyDate: Sunday, 02 Dec 2012, 17:50 | Message # 88
Nice, but as you say it is a pity that romantic interest between the uncle Dave and Christine is completely missing from the promo video and the BTS video.

wink

The1RussterDate: Sunday, 02 Dec 2012, 19:42 | Message # 89
Group: Writer
Perhaps they aren't making a big deal about the romance because it isn't the main focus of the story. The big story is this elf helping a family find their Christmas spirit, not whether the elf is going to hook up with someone.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 03 Dec 2012, 00:06 | Message # 90
Quote (The1Russter)
Perhaps they aren't making a big deal about the romance because it isn't the main focus of the story. The big story is this elf helping a family find their Christmas spirit, not whether the elf is going to hook up with someone.

You're right, the main plot is Christine giving the family a Christmas wake-up call, whereas the romance is obviously the main plot in a movie like 'Come Dance with Me', for example. More, Hallmark may want to keep the surprise on the romantic twist.

'Help for the Holidays' has all the elements of a Christmas movie and adds the magic on top of that, it should interest a wide public; i regret John Brotherton is nowhere to be found in the promos, that's all.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Page 6 of 17«12456781617»
Search: