menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 07 Nov 2012, 21:43 | Message # 46
Group: Administrators
To celebrate Summer Glau's upcoming Christmas movie 'Help for the Holidays', premiering on Hallmark Channel on December 9th at 8p.m. ET/PT, 7C, here's a Christmas card made from the lovely promo stills stills of Summer as an elf.

chrisdvanne

I have included different versions using various filters, check them at : Help for the Holidays - Christmas card

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 08 Nov 2012, 10:33 | Message # 47
Original Holiday Movies Continue to be Ratings Juggernaut for The Hallmark Channel

Read press release at tvbythenumbers

It would be great if 'Help of the Holidays' was the most watched of the 12 original Christmas movie. You can play a role by spreading the word about the movie with your friends and family, by mentioning it in various social networks like Facebook or Twitter, by linking to the wonderful photo of Summer as an Elf, the Christmas card.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 09 Nov 2012, 00:55 | Message # 48
I have the feeling 'Help for the Holidays''s plot is similar to this movie, except Summer plays an elf instead of an angel.

Christmas Magic, tonight on Hallmark Channel

After having been in a severe car accident, a high-power, successful event planner is put on angel duty as part of her last task on Earth before she can "pass over" to Heaven. She must help and guide a young restaurant owner, who is depressed because his restaurant is weeks away from shutting its doors. However, along the way, she comes to learn a lot more about herself and romance, more so than when she was actually alive.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 10 Nov 2012, 02:02 | Message # 49
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I have the feeling 'Help for the Holidays''s plot is similar to this movie, except Summer plays an elf instead of an angel.

And i was right, since Summer Glau's character falls in the love, see Blogpost.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 12 Nov 2012, 10:50 | Message # 50
I have the feeling 'Help for the Holidays''s plot is quite similar to 'Mistletoe Over Manhattan' a 2011 Christmas movie on Hallmark Channel, starring Tricia Helfer, Greg Bryk and Tedde Moore.

Here's the plot, promo stills and the trailer :

Mistletoe Over Manhattan - About the Movie

Rebecca, Mrs. Claus (Tedde Moore) is worried that her exhausted, workaholic husband (Mairtin O’Carrigan) has lost his holiday spirit. She believes she can help him recapture his bliss and secretly heads to the one place she knows the spirit of Christmas must still exist: New York City, where she first fell in love with Nick.

In a crowded New York diner, Rebecca befriends Joe (Greg Bryk), a caring cop who is worried about this kindly grandmother, who’s alone and low on funds. Joe reveals he and his wife Lucy (Tricia Helfer) are in the middle of a divorce. Sensing that Joe is still very much in love with his wife, Rebecca agrees to work temporarily as the family’s nanny until Christmas. To Rebecca’s delight, by healing Joe and Lucy’s family, she shows Santa that Christmas miracles are still possible and his job’s more important than ever!

Mistletoe Over Manhattan - Promo stillsMistletoe Over Manhattan - Promo stillsMistletoe Over Manhattan - Promo stillsMistletoe Over Manhattan - Promo stills

The difference is that Summer Glau is not playing the busy wife but Santa's envoy.

TerminatorEmilyDate: Monday, 12 Nov 2012, 15:16 | Message # 51
Group: Friends
If it's possible because I searched and searched there's no Hallmark channel in Toronto Canada so Can someone please upload the movie? or when it comes out on DVD can someone post a forum or something mentioning it? Thanks!

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 14 Nov 2012, 22:28 | Message # 52
Hallmark Channel Original Movie 'The Wishing Tree' Attracts Nearly 3.9 Million Total Viewers & Garners a 2.3 Household Rating

Source : tvbythenumbers

I come to think that highliting the love story in 'Help for the Holidays' is more important than highliting Summer's elfen ears.

JayDate: Thursday, 15 Nov 2012, 00:26 | Message # 53
It's going to be nice to see Summer star in something more recent. I know Summer was in Alphas and Grays Anatomy but they were only small roles. Her last main role or series regular was TSCC and then The Cape, Which is almost a year old since her last strong continuous appearance IMO.

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 16 Nov 2012, 10:36 | Message # 54
Have you seen the new promo images for the movie in the News page?

Promo Stills

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 16 Nov 2012, 16:38 | Message # 55
These pictures exuding joy are misleading though, the movie will include tension, drama, probably some tears from the children...but we all know all is going to end well wink
The only question is : will Summer's character go back to the North Pole or stay with the hunky uncle?

ChoupyDate: Saturday, 17 Nov 2012, 00:56 | Message # 56
Good question, I think that the Summer's character will go back to the North Pole.

wink

robboDate: Saturday, 17 Nov 2012, 02:59 | Message # 57
we never know it might be one of those movies, with a sort of twist to the ending. could go either way. long as tho its a nice ending. i like a happy end to a movie. smile

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 19 Nov 2012, 10:18 | Message # 58
Interesting reading :

How cable TV stole Christmas
Article by: NEAL JUSTIN , Star Tribune Updated: November 17, 2012 - 3:02 PM
It's the most wonderful time of the year - especially if you're a cable network with lots of holiday spirit.

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 05:00 | Message # 59
I saw this and thought of Summer.
I hope it's not out of place
Elfy ears'

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 11:00 | Message # 60
Quote (KevinInEngland)
I saw this and thought of Summer.
I hope it's not out of place

It's beautiful, thanks for posting smile

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Search: