menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
JayDate: Wednesday, 31 Oct 2012, 15:33 | Message # 31
Group: Friends
Does Europe even have the Hallmark channel? Again I'm not the Christmas film type guy either and I'm a gamer but I will be putting the controller down to see Summer in the film. smile

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 31 Oct 2012, 16:38 | Message # 32
Group: Administrators
Quote (Jay)
Again I'm not the Christmas film type guy either and I'm a gamer but I will be putting the controller down to see Summer in the film.

Thanks for your support..and your sense of humor, Jay!

Quote (Jay)
Does Europe even have the Hallmark channel?

I don't know. I'll look into it.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 31 Oct 2012, 17:50 | Message # 33
Alternate version of 'Help for the Holidays' synopsys gives another hint at Summer's character, Christine Prancer.

Help for the Holidays
Premieres Sunday December 9 8/7c

Although she loves Christmas, Santa’s elf Christine (Summer Glau) wonders if there could be more to life than making toys in the North Pole. When Santa receives an emergency wish from a little boy in Los Angeles, he puts Christine on a special assignment, sending her to L.A. to give the VanCamp family—mom Sara (Eva La Rue), dad Scott (Dan Gauthier), and their two kids Ally (Izabela Vidovic) and Will (Mason Cook)—a holiday wake-up call. Will Christine fail her assignment and be sent back to the North Pole for good, or will the VanCamps come to their senses about the meaning of Christmas?

Stars Summer Glau, Eva La Rue, Izabela Vidovic, Mason Cook, Dan Gauthier & John Brotherton.

robboDate: Thursday, 01 Nov 2012, 01:54 | Message # 34
hiye jay, not sure what we are gonna do but they seem to have took the hallmark channel, of sky television in the uk, not sure about virgin, tv, or even freeview. so it does look as tho we are gonna miss it when it premieres on sunday december 9, hallmark channel used to be on our network in the uk, i know it used to be on sky, i remember seeing it. smile

TerminatorEmilyDate: Thursday, 01 Nov 2012, 03:23 | Message # 35
does Toronto have the hallmark channel? if so what channel?

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 01 Nov 2012, 10:01 | Message # 36
Hallmark Channel (International) owned by NBC Universal

From Wikipedia :

The Hallmark Channel is a cable television network that broadcasts in over 100 countries. They specialize in series and movies that are appropriate for the whole family. In all countries except the United States they are owned by NBCUniversal.

Hallmark Channel is run by separate companies than the U.S. version, but have access to the Hallmark name and branding, along with the crown logo. They also have different programming and standards than Hallmark Channel USA.

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallmark_Channel_(International)

Hallmark Channel UK & Ireland :

The Universal Channel is a re-brand of the Hallmark Channel. The rename took place in October 2010.It's a subscription TV service running mostly imports from the US, and is run by NBC Universal.

Digital TV services offering The Universal Channel in the UK : Sky Digital, Virgin Media, TalkTalk TV

Read more at Radio and Telly; i suggest you check directly the schedule for these digital tv services to see if they will broadcast 'Help for the Holidays'

JayDate: Thursday, 01 Nov 2012, 12:15 | Message # 37
Yea, Something might pop up on Sky sometime around Christmas. It usually does, Sky kicking Comedy or action of the menu or they just add a new channel to the Movies menu. Happens when ever ever there is a holiday coming around.

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

TerminatorEmilyDate: Thursday, 01 Nov 2012, 23:10 | Message # 38
thanks! I can't wait to watch it! it as in help for the holidays

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

TerminatorEmilyDate: Thursday, 01 Nov 2012, 23:14 | Message # 39
I just realized.......there's no hallmark channel for Canada. It would be really great if someone could get the help for the holidays movie on this wiki! and of course if there's a DVD release I would love that! here's me christmas list guys

1. help for the holidays DVD starring Summer Glau
2.River Tam action figure
3.Alphas season one and two (if they both come out)
4.summer glau poster
5. T:TSCC seaosn two (sadly mine broke so I need a new one!)

so basically my theme for my christmas list (not that I have themes) is!! Summer Glau

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 21:36 | Message # 40
Summer Glau is hidden in this picture, disguised as an elf, can you find her?

Tweet by Joan Allen
Promo photo for Hallmark's movie 'Love at the Thanksgiving Parade', courtesy of Hallmark

robboDate: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 22:07 | Message # 41
difficult one this chris, i think summer glau, might be just behind the reindeers ears on the right, peeping through a gap, in green. just a guess. smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 23:00 | Message # 42
Quote (robbo)
difficult one this chris, i think summer glau, might be just behind the reindeers ears on the right, peeping through a gap, in green. just a guess.

Fooled you!
As i mentioned in the caption, this photo is from one of the twelve Christmas movie set to air on the Hallmark Channel, it has nothing to do with Summer's upcoming movie 'Help for the Holidays'.

robboDate: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 23:11 | Message # 43
ye little tinker, you caught me out on that one, well done i was so convinced it was, summer glaus christmas movie, help for the holidays, silly me. smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2012, 15:03 | Message # 44
Our German friend Kai gave precious informations on the dress wore by Summer Glau and Jessie Wiener featured as Santa's elfs in 'Help for the Holidays' :

Help for the Holidays - On set

For your interest: Summer and her Elf colleague wear a Dirndl, a traditional german/bavarian costume. The flower on Summers Dirndl is Gentian and on the other Dirndl it's Edelweiss both typical mountain flowers you can find in the Alps.
I'm just curious why they chose those it for an american christmas movie that plays at the north pole.

Source : Kai at Summer Glau - A Woman We Love

Christmas costumes don't have to look Norwegian, Lappish or Elvish. Fashionable elves can also have Bavarian dirndls in their closets smile

In 2011, we saw Kim Kardashian dress up in a dirndl as she celebrated Oktoberfest in Munich.

Kim Kardashian dress up in a dirndl as she celebrated Oktoberfest in Munich

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2012, 20:05 | Message # 45
Tidbits on the Hallmark Channel.

Garret Dillahunt, who plays in FOX's Raising Hope, reveals the family tragedy that made him become an actor today on Hallmark Channel's show 'Marie', hosted by Marie Osmond.

Garret Dillahunt on Hallmark Channel's Marie

Jewel Staite played in a Hallmark's Christmas movie called 'Call Me Mrs. Miracle', starring Doris Roberts and Eric Johnson (Smallville, Flash Gordon)

Jewel Staite in a Hallmark's Christmas movie called 'Call Me Mrs. Miracle'

Original Holiday Movies Continue to be Ratings Juggernaut for The Hallmark Channel; Premieres of “Christmas Song” and “Love At The Thanksgiving Day Parade” Garner 2.2 HH Rtg and 2.1 HH Rtg, Respectively

Read full press release at tvbythenumbers

Don't miss Summer Glau as an elf in her upcoming Christmas movie 'Help for the Holidays', premiering on December 9 at 8p.m. ET/PT, 7C

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Search: