menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012, 13:10 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators
We learned a few days ago that Summer Glau's character in 'Help for the Holidays' is Christine Prancer; obviously, both the first and last name are related to Christmas.

'Prancer' is the name of one of Santa Claus's reindeer.

Quote (Wikipedia)
Santa Claus' reindeer is a team of flying reindeer traditionally held to pull the sleigh of Santa Claus and help him deliver Christmas gifts. The commonly cited names of the reindeer are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder (or Donner), and Blitzen. They are based on those used in the 1823 poem A Visit from St. Nicholas.

Santa Claus's reindeer

EDIT : some even mentioned that Summer character's name 'Prancer' could be an indication that the character is a dancer. Given the context, a Christmas movie, i'd say that it's unlikely...but who knows.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KrelleKDate: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012, 17:52 | Message # 17
Group: Friends
Hey there, oohh so she is going into the christmas movies, thats greath news. Summer as an Elf?, that gonna be cute overload.

I suppose she could also do a greath Angel. not sure if I would like her with the classic white feathery wings, or something more akin to those of Tyrael in the Diablo games :-)

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 14 Sep 2012, 08:08 | Message # 18
Quote (chrisdvanne)
some even mentioned that summer's name 'Prancer' would be an indication that the character is a dancer. Given the context, a Christmas movie, i'd say that it's unlikely...but who knows.

Since there's some kind of romance involved, it could well be that we see a dancing moment between Christine and his love interest.

I would love to see that smile

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2012, 10:47 | Message # 19
New on-set photos have been posted by make-up artist Michael Spezzano, check them in the News page.

Also it looks like Summer is not the only elf in 'Help for the Holidays' :

another set of ELF EARS, all the guy elf's ears where different..

elf ears in Help for the Holidays

elf ears in Help for the Holidays

robboDate: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2012, 22:33 | Message # 20
summer glaus christmas movie just wondering it might be me but will it be on the hallmark channel in the uk or just in the usa at christmas time sorry for asking just not sure

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2012, 23:02 | Message # 21
Quote (robbo)
summer glaus christmas movie just wondering it might be me but will it be on the hallmark channel in the uk or just in the usa at christmas time sorry for asking just not sure

I have no idea sad

After a quick glance at the IMDb pages for Hallmark US and Hallmark UK, it seems the programs don't overlap; Hallmark US broadcast tv movies while Hallmark UK broadcast tv series.

robboDate: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2012, 23:21 | Message # 22
cheers chrisdvanne for the info on summers movie just wasnt all that sure regarding the movie it will be interesting looking forward to a different sort of role for summer to play thanks alot

KrelleKDate: Wednesday, 19 Sep 2012, 21:37 | Message # 23
She loooks greath, in those elf ear pics :-) so cute, and I am almost sure that it will be cuteness overload when she is also in a red plusshy pointy hat :-)

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 21 Sep 2012, 16:33 | Message # 24
Quote (KrelleK)
She loooks greath, in those elf ear pics :-) so cute, and I am almost sure that it will be cuteness overload when she is also in a red plusshy pointy hat :-)

Lol

Good news, it seems the Hallmark Channel movies go to video; take a look at the shop section of the Hallmark Channel website.

Here's promo trailer for a 2008 Hallmark Christmas movie; Alphas fans may recognize a familiar face biggrin

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 15 Oct 2012, 13:31 | Message # 25
Having found Eny Lestari on facebook, blows my mind away. She finds the most exotic of pictures. She lives in Yogyakarta, which reminded me of my telegraph days in 1972-77 when all telex calls had to go through the Kuala Lumpur telex exchange. It is one of many Indonesian islands and from what I can see, more heavenly place to live than many that I know.

Could this be Summer in Summer playing Christine Prancer in Lapland?

I put this up because I thought it was good.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 16:43 | Message # 26
John Brotherton is now listed in the cast at IMDb.

He might be Summer's love interest in 'Help for the Holidays'. Check this Blogpost.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 21 Oct 2012, 09:28 | Message # 27
Sentence picked from an online review of Alphas 2.12 'Need to Know' :

Skylar is the elf to Parish's Santa, and she's been tricked into working on super death machines that are integral to Parish's plot.

Hidden reference to Summer's role in Christmas movie 'Help for the Holidays'? biggrin

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 28 Oct 2012, 09:55 | Message # 28
I wonder if Summer Glau discussed Christmas movies with her Alphas co-stars Warren Christie and Laura Mennell on the set.

Summer Glau's Christmas movie is coming on The Hallmark Channel on December 9, 2012. Watch the pictures of Summer Glau as an elf in the News.

Warren Christie played in Hallmark Channel's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (2008)

Warren Christie in Hallmark Channel's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (2008)

While Laura Mennell played in The Christmas Clause (2008)

Laura Mennell played in The Christmas Clause (2008)

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 29 Oct 2012, 12:48 | Message # 29
New promo picture with Summer Glau as an elf in 'Help for the Holidays'

Summer Glau as an elf in 'Help for the Holidays'

Watch more promo pictures in the News.

Summer's pose and costume look cliche of course but i guess her clothes when she's in the real world are different.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 31 Oct 2012, 13:12 | Message # 30
While looking for infos on 'Help for the Holidays', i came across another Hallmark movie starring JAG's Catherine Bell, "The Good Witch".
I decided to watch it...and i liked it.

Like you, i'm not a priori the Christmas movie type of guy but i'm sure everyone will enjoy watching Summer Glau in "Help for the Holidays"; leave the video games for one night and watch it with the whole family on December 9 on Hallmark Channel.

If you want to know more about Christmas movies and have real time informations on all things Christmas movies, you can visit a blog run by a passionate fan : It's a Wonderful Movie

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Search: