menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
FrankDate: Monday, 29 Jul 2013, 17:06 | Message # 196
Group: Friends
I saw this nice Christmas movie. I don't know about the experiences of children, whether they like Christine or not, but I will say for myself, I liked it. As far as I know, this is the only work of Summer, not translated into the Russian language. Fortunately, this is not critical, because the plot of the movie pretty simple.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 29 Jul 2013, 17:43 | Message # 197
Group: Administrators
It was great to see Summer in a completely new role and Summer was amazing as the elf Christine.
The movie was well-received among the fans and also the Hallmark audience, since it was the channel's most watched original movie of the year.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FrankDate: Monday, 29 Jul 2013, 18:09 | Message # 198
Glad to hear it. Perhaps we should expect new films with Summer on Hallmark Channel.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 29 Jul 2013, 21:03 | Message # 199
Quote (Frank)
Glad to hear it. Perhaps we should expect new films with Summer on Hallmark Channel.

I've said it several times: Hallmark are used to working with the same actors for different movies. I don't see why it could not be the case for Summer Glau if the opportunity arises.

FrankDate: Monday, 29 Jul 2013, 21:56 | Message # 200
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I've said it several times: Hallmark are used to working with the same actors for different movies. I don't see why it could not be the case for Summer Glau if the opportunity arises.

Excellent. I think that Summer showed itself from the best side and deserved the right to be included in the number of actors, which can
count on in the future.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 12 Aug 2013, 09:37 | Message # 201
A fan recently asked me on Twitter where my header photo comes from, this one:

Help for the Holidays - Promotional Photos

I was more than happy to give Arita a link to the Wiki page for "Help for the Holidays" and her and Hallmark Channel's thanks made my day. It makes you feel useful for the commmunity of fans smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 21 Oct 2013, 19:52 | Message # 202
Help for the Holidays Showings during Hallmark's 'Countdown to Christmas'!

Hallmark Channel brings back its "Countdown to Christmas" programming this holiday season, with Holiday movies and specials all day and all night.

Don't miss this opportunity to watch or re-watch Summer Glau as the perky and cheerful elf Christine in her Christmas movie 'Help for the Holidays', which was Hallmark's most watched original movie of 2012.

Read more in the Blog section.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 04 Nov 2013, 10:11 | Message # 203
Check out the complete 2013 schedule of Summer Glau's Christmas movie 'Help for the Holidays' reruns on Hallmark Channel. Enjoy our Countdown to Christmas!

Mark your calendars and watch Summer Glau's terrific performance as Christine, the cutest elf ever, in 'Help for the Holidays' at the following Eastern times:

• Saturday, November 02 at 04:00 AM and 02:00 PM
  • Tuesday, November 05 at 08:00 PM
  • Wednesday, November 06 at 06:00 AM
  • Saturday, November 23 at 06:00 PM
  • Sunday, November 24 at 10:00 AM
  • Tuesday, December 3 at 08:00 PM
  • Wednesday, December 4 at 06:00 AM
  • Monday, December 16 at 06:00 AM
  • Tuesday, December 17 at 08:00 AM
  • Friday, December 27 at 08:00 PM
  • Saturday, December 28 at 10:00 AM

Read more in the Blog section

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 06 Nov 2013, 13:47 | Message # 204
Hallmark's Christmas programming "Countdown to Christmas" debuted to great ratings!

Excerpt from a press release:

HALLMARK CHANNEL’S 2013 “COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS” LAUNCH CATAPULTS NETWORK TO BE #1 WITH WOMEN 24-54 FOR OPENING WEEKEND

November 2 Premiere of “The Thanksgiving House” Ranks as #1 Cable Program of the Day and is Network’s Highest-Rated New Original to Kick Off Annual Holiday Programming Extravaganza

Hallmark Channel’s annual signature holiday programming franchise, “Countdown to Christmas” is off to a very strong start with more than 4.7 million unduplicated viewers tuning into the Saturday premiere of “The Thanksgiving House”. The first of twelve new original premieres for the 2013 holiday season, “The Thanksgiving House” scored a 2.9 household rating – the highest rated original movie to ever kick off Hallmark Channel’s “Countdown to Christmas”. The film premiered as the #1 cable program of the day and #1 movie of the week – becoming Hallmark Channel’s highest rated and most watched program for 2013 among households and total viewers.

Demonstrating the strength behind Hallmark Channel’s holiday fare, the network has marked a notable increase over last year’s performance with this weekend garnering an increase of 10% in households, 10% in women 25-54, and 18% in total viewer delivery compared to the 2012 “Countdown to Christmas” kickoff weekend. This past weekend ranks as Hallmark Channel’s highest-rated start to “Countdown to Christmas” in the network’s history. Additionally, among its key demographic of women 25-54, Hallmark Channel ranked #1 on cable for the entire weekend (.7 rtg).

Among women 25-54, the premiere of “The Thanksgiving House” was the #2 highest-rated movie of the week on cable and the 2nd most watched Hallmark Channel telecast of 2013. In the Saturday, 8-10pm, time period, the original movie ranked #1 among multiple key demographic categories, including HH (2.9 rtg), W25-54 (1.4 rtg), and P2+ (1.5 rtg). In addition, “The Thanksgiving House” was #1 in HH (2,494,000) delivery, and W25-54 (608,000) and P2+ (3,216,000) impressions. The film lifted Hallmark Channel to be the #1 rated cable network in primetime for the day among households (2.6 HH rtg).

I have no doubt that "Help for the Holidays" numbers will be beaten (Summer Glau's Christmas movie was the  most watched original movie of 2012 in total viewers, with over 5.6 million viewers and a 3.0 household rating). Simply because Hallmark Channel is a cable network and they have recently increased - by means of successive partnerships - the number of household their potential audience.

Check out the complete 2013 schedule of Summer Glau's Christmas movie 'Help for the Holidays' reruns on Hallmark Channel in the Blog section.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 06 Nov 2013, 19:40 | Message # 205
Summer Glau's co-star Eva LaRue has co-designed this clothing line (photographied: Eva Larue and Roselyn Sanchez). Proceeds go to helping cancer patients pay their bills.

bodylanguage sportswear - eva laruebodylanguage sportswear - roselyn sanchez

Link: bodylanguage

Roselyn Sanchez is Eva's friend and also a Puerto Rican singer-songwriter, model, actress, producer and writer. She's married to Eric Winter, who you may know from the "Scent of the Missing" pilot.

scent of the missing cast On set

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 22 Nov 2013, 09:04 | Message # 206
Alphas fans may recognize Azita Ghanizada's boyfriend (in the series) Steve Byers in this original Christmas movie on The Hallmark Channel, "Catch A Christmas Star"; here's the promo video:

Steve Byers and Azita Ghanizada in 'Alphas':

Steve Byers and Azita Ghanizada in 'Alphas'

Summer Glau and Steve Byers on set of Alphas

Summer Glau and the cast of Alphas on set
Watch more photos with Summer on set of Alphas in the Gallery.

John85Date: Friday, 22 Nov 2013, 13:23 | Message # 207
Alphas that have appeared on Holiday Hallmark movies:
Summer as an elf in Help for the Holidays, Warren Christie in The Most Wonderful Time of The Year, Steve Byers in How to Catch a Christmas Star & Laura Mennell with a small role in The Christmas Ornament.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

FrankDate: Saturday, 23 Nov 2013, 21:05 | Message # 208
I have a request for IMDb users. Please add the information about the movie, for example, specify the duration of the movie. This can be very useful if another similar site (about movies) will refer to IMDb. Thank you.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 27 Nov 2013, 18:16 | Message # 209
Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas new promo; shots from "Help for the Holidays" at 0:11 (no Summer Glau as Christine unfortunately).

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas 2013 promoHallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas 2013 promo

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 05 Dec 2013, 16:40 | Message # 210
"Help for the Holidays" is called "Help for Christmas" in UK, and airs on Channel5 on Sunday 8th Dec, noon.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Search: