menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Fox012Date: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 17:58 | Message # 166
Group: Administrators
Robbo have you not seen the movie yet?

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

robboDate: Sunday, 23 Dec 2012, 01:01 | Message # 167
Group: Friends
fox012 yeah i have seen the movie downloaded it the day after it was on the hallmark channel. mind you it wasnt a great download. but it was watchable a few jumpy scenes. still gonna get the dvd when it is available, for my collection. smile

Fox012Date: Sunday, 23 Dec 2012, 01:09 | Message # 168
Good =) I Still gonna get the DVD as well =)

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 23 Dec 2012, 10:03 | Message # 169
Since the casts at IMDb are listed in order of appearance or alphabetical order, that sometimes mean a lead actor is buried relatively deep in the cast list. This is somewhat unfortunate.
Hallmark initially submitted only the lead actors when the page was created but after the film premiered, several credited and uncredited actors were added and the cast list looked like this (left thumbnail); i submitted a correction to IMDb staff and now the cast list looks much better (right thumbnail) :

Help for the Holidays - Cast list at IMDbHelp for the Holidays - Cast list at IMDb

Side note : for some reason, only Summer Glau appears in the "credited cast" section but i guess it will be updated later.

On a similar topic:

Bolstered by Bob Saenz's answer (see quote below) , i have reported the errors in the synopsis used in the schedule page of Hallmark's website; they have fixed it since.

The synopsis for ‘Help for the Holidays’ mentioned in the schedule section of the Hallmark website (see below) is different from the commonly used synopsis; for example, there’s no mention of the elf from Santa’s village, whereas it might have helped to ”sell” the movie in our opinion. Is that an early synopsis, prior to your intervention on the screenplay?

Help for the Holidays - An unemployed marketing assistant gets a job during the holidays helping a family in planning a charity event and helping to run their Christmas-themed store. When she realizes that the family lacks warmth and closeness due to the stress of owning a business, she sets out to teach them what it really means to be a family at Christmas time.

Bob Saenz: Interesting. That’s a synopsis from a version of the script that was never used at all. One that existed before I was hired to write a whole new film based on that basic premise, only with Christine being an Elf. Nothing from that version was in the finished film at all. I think they made a mistake posting that. Stuff like that happens.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 24 Dec 2012, 21:06 | Message # 170
Nice review for "Help for the Holidays" in Hallmark Channel Quickie Holiday Movie Guide at Team Fog Review

Help for the Holidays

Starring: Summer Glau, John Brotherton, Dan Gauthier, Mason Cook, Izabela Vidovic, Eva La Rue

An elf takes a job as a nanny in order to help a family revive their Christmas spirit, which has dwindled over the years as the parents’ business has taken off. The elf, meanwhile, forms a bond with the kids and their uncle.

Verdict: A truly winning film. Glau is charming as Christine the elf. There’s no denying her chemistry with Brotherton, who plays the children’s uncle. Everyone is perfectly cast and the storyline is enjoyable rather than eye-roll inducing. It’s believable (or as believable a movie centered around an elf can be). Add to the yearly must-watch holiday fare list.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 26 Dec 2012, 21:04 | Message # 171
'Help for the Holidays' made it in the "Known For" section at IMDb.
I have no idea how the film/series featured in this section are chosen and i don't know either what it does replace. I don't know if it's a bad or a good thing but i notice this is the only non sci-fi work in the section.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 28 Dec 2012, 22:21 | Message # 172
NBC has decided not to order to series Mockingbird Lane, the reboot of The Munsters, inwhich Mason Cook (Will in 'Help for the Holidays') played Eddie Munster.

Mockingbird Lane pilot on NBC

The Mockingbird Lane pilot — which NBC aired as a pre-Halloween special — drew 5.4 million total viewers and a 1.5 rating, giving the network its best demo in the Fridays-at-8 time slot in two years.

Source : tvline

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Dec 2012, 13:24 | Message # 173
If you missed 'Help for the Holidays' premiere on Hallmark Channel on December 9 or simply want to watch Summer Glau as a perky, cheerful elf again, the movie' repeats Tuesday, January 1st at 10pm on Hallmark Channel.

Happy New Year2013 - Summer Glau Wiki

robboDate: Monday, 31 Dec 2012, 19:09 | Message # 174
Group: Friends
any news on a release date for the dvd, for help for the holidays. been checking amazon or maybe a bit to soon at the moment, not sure how long it takes before it goes on sale after been on the hallmark channel, smile

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Jan 2013, 01:39 | Message # 175
(robbo)
any news on a release date for the dvd, for help for the holidays. been checking amazon or maybe a bit to soon at the moment, not sure how long it takes before it goes on sale after been on the hallmark channel, smile

No news so far.
I'm still waiting for the DVD that Hallmark offered to send me.

On a related news, Time Warner Cable signed a carriage agreement with Hallmark; that means more exposure for Hallmark original movies, such as 'Help for the Holidays'.
Read more at : multichannel.com

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013, 14:01 | Message # 176
Jus two little goofs wink

1)
How come the two little Christmas trees that Christine and the kids picked up at Dave's nursery to decorate their rooms magically went from theses scrawny trees...

Christmas tress - Help for the Holidays

to these beautiful Christmas trees wacko

Christmas tress - Help for the Holidays

2)
When Dave is describing to Christine the upcoming Christmas celebration he's organising, he said (probably to make an impression on Christine):

...We close the street, we have vendors booths and food and there's games, here we build the stage

Christmas show - Help for the Holidays

But in the end, just the same old set wacko

Christmas show - Help for the Holidays

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 26 Feb 2013, 09:34 | Message # 177
Crown Media Holdings Inc. more than doubled its profits in the fourth quarter, boosted by holiday viewing of the Hallmark Channel.

The Studio City company reported net income of $70.1 million (19 cents a share), compared with $29.9 million (8 cents) in the same period a year earlier. Revenue rose 3 percent to $102.3 million.

The company is the parent of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel. The channel’s holiday slate was No. 1 in total cable viewers during weekend primetime from Nov. 10 to Dec. 30, according to Nielsen, the company said in a statement.

“Fourth quarter culminated in another highly successful run of Hallmark Channel’s ‘Countdown to Christmas’ campaign, which garnered record ratings and positively impacted advertising sales revenue,” said Chief Executive Bill Abbott in a statement.

Source: San Fernando Valley Business Journal

I'm glad that Summer Glau's Christmas movie 'Help for the Holidays' made a significant contribution to this good result.

Screencaps

On a related topic, read: Help for the Holidays is Hallmark Channel’s most watched original movie of the year

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 14:45 | Message # 178
Mason arrives on the red carpet on March 11, 2013 at the premiere for his new movie, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, starring Steve Burrel, Steve Buscemi and Jim Carrey

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 02 May 2013, 23:10 | Message # 179
Our friend Myke Spezzano and makeup artist worked for another Hallmark Channel movie, "Shadow on the Mesa" , starring kevin Sorbo, Gail O'Grady and Deception's Wes Brown.

Of course the makeup in this western is maybe not as important as in Summer Glau's Christmas movie 'Help for the Holidays'. But Myke Spezzano is now part of the family since he did such a wonderful job by transforming Summer Glau in the cutest elf I have ever seen.

On set

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 11 May 2013, 07:00 | Message # 180
Tricia Helfer is in currently in Toronto, Canada to film 'Christmas Share', a Christmas TV movie for The Hallmark Channel. We don't know much details yet.
Source: tricia-helfer.org

On set
Summer and Tricia on set of 'Scent of the Missing'

On releated news, ABC has picked up Tricia Helfer new series "Killer Women".

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Search: