menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
RNBMDate: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 17:38 | Message # 151
Group: Friends
Chris, Hope you know I was making fun of Fox012. Not sure if the devil icon was for me or FOX012. The comment about Summer married in Hawaii was in reference to Deadly Honeymoon. My dry humor.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 18:12 | Message # 152
Group: Administrators
Quote (RNBM)
Chris, Hope you know I was making fun of Fox012. Not sure if the devil icon was for me or FOX012. The comment about Summer married in Hawaii was in reference to Deadly Honeymoon. My dry humor.

Yeah, i got the reference wink

And the devil icon was for Fox012, don't worry. But he already knows that personal stuff are not allowed here and he and i are in permanent contact anyway smile

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 21:52 | Message # 153
Now that 'Help for the Holidays' premiered and had reruns, many fans have seen it already and wished to learn a bit more about certain scenes.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a feedback from the writer Bob Saenz (read the interview he granted us prior the premiere)

I've told Bob Saenz about it and he'll be glad to answer your questions :

Quote (Bob Saenz)
Sure. Send the questions. Be happy to answer the ones I can. Glad you liked the movie. Told you Summer was amazing in it.

I have a few questions i mind but it would be great to have your input; please ask your questions in this thread or on Facebook or on Twitter and i shall include them in the feedback interview.

Edit : Bob Saenz was busy with another movie when 'Help for the Holidays' was filmed, that is why he wasn't on set; please take that in account when asking your questions.

RNBMDate: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 22:17 | Message # 154
Question:
One of the best lines in the move was said by Christine/Summer (to paraphrase) “I didn’t call her fat. She called herself fat. I just agreed”. Can you provide us any insight on who wrote that line and did everyone know it was going to be that funny? Summer also did a great job in delivering the line (as she deadpanned it). How many takes did it require?

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 01:59 | Message # 155
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I'm still waiting to see Summer's movie highlighted in the "Check out" section on the homepage at Hallmark's website, whereas the movie paired with "Help..." during the premiere weekend takes all the ads once again

Ha, ha, the Hallmark Channel must read the Summer Glau Wiki because 'Help for the Holidays' is now featured in the "Check out" section on the homepage smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 16:22 | Message # 156
Quote (chrisdvanne)
'Baby's First Christmas' sounds boring as Hell!
(ok, i must admit i'm just saying this because i don't want this last movie to take Help for the Holidays's title of "Most watched Hallmark original movie of the year")

The ratings for the last new Christmas movie on Hallmark Channel, which aired on Saturday 15, December, are out : 2.8 in HH Household rating and 4.7 millions viewers.

And now 'Help for the Holidays' is officially Hallmark's most watched original movie of the year!! biggrin biggrin

riversfeetDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 21:05 | Message # 157
To quote Maggie Simpson: "Sequel?"

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 23:36 | Message # 158
Quote (riversfeet)
To quote Maggie Simpson: "Sequel?"

We mentioned this possibility with 'Help for the Holidays's writer Bob Saeanz in the interview released prior the premiere :
If this film is a success, is there any possibility of a sequel, like what happened with ‘The Good Witch’ on Hallmark, starring Catherine Bell?

Bob Saenz: I suppose a sequel could happen. I haven’t even thought about what the story would be. I guess if they asked me, I could come up with one.

We asked him again in the interview published after the premiere, all the more so the ratings were very good. Check his answer in the News.

Hallmark Channel sometimes makes sequel, like what happened with 'The Good Witch" but mostly they work with the same actors in different movies. Even if there's not a sequel to 'Help for the Holidays', i'm convinced that the channel will ask Summer Glau to work with them in future projects.

robboDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 01:38 | Message # 159
hallmark channel surely must consider a possible sequel, after those ratings they recieved for help for the holidays, also plus factor hallmarks most watched movie of the year, they must be well chuffed maybe a bit to early for bob saenz, to get over the excitement of the success of the movie, i think summer glau might have just got her bear feet under the table with the hallmark channel, well done summer glau she spread a bit of magic with her charm and charisma, happy smile

riversfeetDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 07:41 | Message # 160
Quote (robbo)
i think summer glau might have just got her bear feet under the table with the hallmark channel, well done summer glau she spread a bit of magic with her charm and charisma, happy smile

Summer has bear feet? I know she has bare feet a lot of the time, but I didn't know she had a bear's feet. tongue

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

Fox012Date: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 10:30 | Message # 161
Group: Users
Quote (RNBM)
Your right. Didn't Summer get married in Hawaii, but during her honeymoon her husband died. biggrin
What knowledge do you have? Chris pretty much knows everthing about Summer Glau.

Exactly... cool
happy

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

robboDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 18:19 | Message # 162
oops sorry riversfeet, what was i thinking of bears feet dear me my spelling is getting worse, please dont tell summer she will hang me out with the washing to dry, and slice my bear feet of. sorry summer, wink smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 02:53 | Message # 163
You know what would be really awesome? If 'Help for Holidays' repeat on Hallmark Channel on December 24 at 8pm was a huge success.

You probably loved the movie (and not only for Summer Glau) but i'm sure you'd love to watch it again; and more important it would be great if you recommand it to your friends and family who may not have seen it when it premiered on December 9.

Since i'm French, i don't know exactly if American families watch tv at 8pm on Dec. 24 but i'm convinced your mom, wife, little brothers and sisters and your grandma would love the movie; this is a great opportunity to share with the person close to you your admiration for Summer Glau.

robboDate: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 03:34 | Message # 164
its a shame they dont promote help for the holidays, over in the uk not sure how they can like, but the brits do get a bit excited with christmas, we love summer glau in the uk, she was on G.M.T.V a morning tv show in 2005. so help for the holidays would be great for christmas day movie on itv. probably our best network channel. a great family film just after our christmas lunch when everybody can put there feet up and relax with a drink and watch a great christmas movie, just a thought. smile

TerminatorEmilyDate: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 15:53 | Message # 165
(robbo)
probably our best network channel. a great family film just after our christmas lunch when everybody can put there feet up and relax with a drink and watch a great christmas movie, just a thought. smile

I love help for the holidays. And yes it would be nice if my or your family they could watch it with you after the big Christmas dinner. That would be nice. smile

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Search: