[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 171231617»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
FermiDate: Wednesday, 15 Aug 2012, 18:21 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
If you seen the news you know that apparently Summer Glau is working on a new Christmas movie for the Hallmark Channel with Eva Maria LaRue and Scotty Spicks jr. The movie will be titled "Help for the Holidays"

We don't have any info about Summers character yet, but it sounds like a fun project.

Any thoughts?

You can't stop the signal!

AlexDate: Wednesday, 15 Aug 2012, 23:26 | Message # 2
Group: Bloggers
I hope she enjoys the film. It appears that she is exploring a theme here - children. She has said that she liked exploring the role of Skylar in Alphas for that reason. I suspect she is some kind of caregiver or helper in this film and she is the "help" referenced in the film title. I believe she will play a key, pivotal role in the film and that she will get a lot of screen time. I think people will be blown away by her performance and that there will be a huge number of orders after the film airs of Serenity, Firefly, TSCC, and other DVDs as a whole bunch of new fans get to know more about Summer Glau.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 15 Aug 2012, 23:35 | Message # 3
Quote (Alex)
We don't have any info about Summers character yet, but it sounds like a fun project.

Hum...

Summer's role in 'Helping for the Holidays'

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

RNBMDate: Thursday, 16 Aug 2012, 15:31 | Message # 4
Group: Friends
An elf? Are they going to make her short? An angle would be better.

Fox012Date: Thursday, 16 Aug 2012, 16:43 | Message # 5
Quote (RNBM)
An elf? Are they going to make her short? An anglewould be better.

I guess you meant Angel but nice typo wink

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Jason_ConnorDate: Thursday, 16 Aug 2012, 19:23 | Message # 6
I'm wondering if she's going to wear an "elf" costume or if she'll wear something normal because I think that would somehow effect the movie/plot.

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 16 Aug 2012, 20:49 | Message # 7
When I think about what elves do and how they move. I remember Summer talking about how she imagines a cyborg would be. Then she went ahead and acted that way. I am sure she is more than capable of being elfy.

Here is something I bet none of you knew, I hope I do not spoil their plot. I don't think I will. I found this out whilst researching my fanfic: I have condensed it for easy reading:

Elves/Elfs. A spirit of any kind - later specialized into a diminutive creature, usually in tiny human form. The characteristics of elves were mischief and volatility. They were believed in various regions to cause diseases in humans and cattle, to sit upon the breast of a sleeper and give him/her bad dreams. They would steal human children and substitute changelings (deformed or weak elf or fairy children).
It was also said that Elves could be benevolent and helpful. Beliefs in these creatures still exist in many parts of various countries. For instance,
In the Highlands of Scotland, new-born children must be watched till the christening is over, lest they should be stolen or changed by some of these phantastical existences. (Phantasm).

Notice that they can be benevolent and helpful. All the best, Kevin xx (for the gals)

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 17 Aug 2012, 16:03 | Message # 8
If someone wonders what a Hallmark Christmas movie looks like, take a look at the trailer for A Christmas Wish (2011), starring Kristy Swanson (Buffy in the original Whedon movie).

Summer's movie includes supernatural elements apparently but i guess they won't take precedence over the touching look and feel.

AlexDate: Friday, 17 Aug 2012, 22:52 | Message # 9
Quote (Jason_Connor)
I'm wondering if she's going to wear an "elf" costume or if she'll wear something normal because I think that would somehow effect the movie/plot.

What about pointy ears? Maybe she wears her hair to conceal the ears and she accidentally lets her hair drop which is when the boy discovers that she is an elf.

I wonder what powers she will have as an elf? In Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, elves were immortal although they could be killed. Some of them had magic powers and they were beautiful. They were also formidable warriors which I guess would be nothing new for Summer.

AlexDate: Friday, 17 Aug 2012, 23:13 | Message # 10
Quote (chrisdvanne)
If someone wonders what a Hallmark Christmas movie looks like, take a look at the trailer for A Christmas Wish (2011), starring Kristy Swanson (Buffy in the original Whedon movie).

Summer's movie includes supernatural elements apparently but i guess they won't take precedence over the touching look and feel.

What a melodrama! The audience for this will certainly include lots of people who would normally not view science fiction. This could be interesting. I think the chances for a battle with an ogre or a band of orcs is just about nil.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 17 Aug 2012, 23:36 | Message # 11
Quote (Jason_Connor)

We may have a glimpse of Summer's elf costume in 'Help for the Holydays'

Check blogpost: Help for the Holidays - More infos

Jason_ConnorDate: Saturday, 18 Aug 2012, 03:47 | Message # 12
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (Jason_Connor)

We may have a glimpse of Summer's elf costume in 'Help for the Holydays'

Check blogpost: Help for the Holidays - More infos

I'm sure it'll be wonderful outfit whatever it is. I think she is having fun on set or it might have been a mistake, but either way it sure is funny.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 24 Aug 2012, 16:27 | Message # 13
Quote (Jason_Connor)
I'm sure it'll be wonderful outfit whatever it is. I think she is having fun on set or it might have been a mistake, but either way it sure is funny.

I have collected tidbits of informations on the movie, including a confirmation on Summer's elf costume.

See : Help for the Holidays - Gossip from the set

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 31 Aug 2012, 07:12 | Message # 14
Since the size and shape of Summer's elven ears seems to be an important element of the movie for some fans, find here are other Elfen ears from the same makeup artist :

Elven ears' Elven ears' Elven ears' Elven ears'
Credit photo : Michael Spezzano

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 10 Sep 2012, 07:30 | Message # 15
As we learned a few days ago, 'Help for the Holidays' is directed by Bradford May, who is a regular in the tv movie genre; his credits includes a lot of tv movie for Hallmark.
His recent movies target the family (romance, drama, Christmas), like the following 'Operation Cupcake' (2012) :

Dean Cain ("Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman," "The Case for Christmas") stars with Kristy Swanson ("A Christmas Wish", "Buffy", the movie) as a part-time Army dad who attempts to become a full-time father in "Operation Cupcake," a Hallmark Channel Original Movie World Premiere Saturday, June 16 (8p.m. ET/PT, 7C), part of 'Countdown to Father's Day' Weekend Event.

Watch the trailer for A Christmas Wish (2011), starring Kristy Swanson in message #8.

But Bradford also did quite a bit horror tv movies in the past, like 'Gargantua' (1998), a tv movie Godzilla rip off starring Adam Baldwin!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Help for the Holidays : Summer Glau's Christmas movie
Page 1 of 171231617»
Search: