menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » TSCC lovers, Canadian serie Continuum is worth a try!
TSCC lovers, Canadian serie Continuum is worth a try!
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 23 Aug 2012, 07:52 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators
It has not the brilliance at times of TSCC but it's a good show for those who like sci-fi. Do we have many good sci-fi shows on air at the moment?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 24 Aug 2012, 11:17 | Message # 17
The ten episode first season of Canadian science-fiction series Continuum will receive its UK premiere on Syfy UK on Thursday September 27th at 10pm

Source : TVwise

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 27 Aug 2012, 00:30 | Message # 18
Continuum Gets Renewed for Season Two!

Showcase announces the renewal of its #1 series that swept the nation this summer, Continuum. The phenomenally successful series will begin production on its 13 episode season two order in 2013.

Read more at : Showcase

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 10 Sep 2012, 21:54 | Message # 19
You can star on a successfull tv show and play in a Hallmark original movie at the same time.

Watch a featurette for the Hallmark Channel Original Movie "Puppy Love," starring Candace Cameron Bure & Victor Webster.

robboDate: Monday, 10 Sep 2012, 21:54 | Message # 20
Group: Friends
speaking of continuum coming to scfy ive managed to watch the pilot and i must admit my thoughts were i thought it was quite good it was a bit like tscc and alphas combined into one the guy out of tscc series 1 was in it carlos uncle henrique the one that cameron shot through the chest so it does look worth watching out for on scfy

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 12 Sep 2012, 23:01 | Message # 21
Absolutely robbo, Continuum is the only serie i watch, besides Alphas of course.

I must say i have a few episodes to catch up but i'm glad the show has been renewed.

robboDate: Wednesday, 12 Sep 2012, 23:45 | Message # 22
continuum does look as tho it has the makings of being a good serie long as tho fox doesnt get hold of it otherwise its curtains might try and get some more episodes glad its been renewed hope alphas gets a season 3 they should give summer a leading role because of the ratings when she plays her role surely it would guarentee a 3rd season soon see she is in the last 2 episodes of season 2 who knows that might be the decider what there gonna do

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 16 Sep 2012, 00:09 | Message # 23
Two good reasons to watch Continuum!

Rachel Nichols, who plays Kiera Cameron in Continuum, at the "Conan The Barbarian" World Premiere, Regal Cinemas, Los Angeles, Caifornia on August 11, 2011.

Rachel Nichols at the 'Conan The Barbarian' World PremiereRachel Nichols at the 'Conan The Barbarian' World Premiere

Side note : if you look closely at the UHQ (3456x5184 px) photos, you'll notice that Nichol's dress is not bare back.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 16 Sep 2012, 01:39 | Message # 24
Quote (The1Russter)
I've put together a table that demonstrates how we can get that TSCC feeling from current TV programs.
I'm posting the link here as Continuum is one of the shows.

A Continuum fansite made a podcast inwhich they discuss, among other things, the parallels with TSCC and Continuum (i tried to listen to the podcats while doing something else but it's seems my brain is not multitask apparently).

The parallels are easy to come by with Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles and Continuum. This week, the guys discuss The Turk (1×03) and Heavy Metal (1×04) as well as Sci Fi News and the YouTube short, “Stealing Time”. Ah, the different flavors of time travel!

Link : Show 016 – Hiatus: TSCC 1×03-1×04

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 27 Sep 2012, 09:37 | Message # 25
Continuum starts today Thursday 27th September at 10pm on Syfy UK.

http://www.syfy.co.uk/continuum

robboDate: Saturday, 29 Sep 2012, 00:57 | Message # 26
just watched the first three episodes of continuum tonight really starting to get into it i think its pretty good there is a little bit of tscc in a certain sort of way obviously tscc will never be replaced theres no doubt about that but in time this show does have potential if given a chance to develop i think its been given a green light for season 2 happy

robboDate: Saturday, 29 Sep 2012, 00:58 | Message # 27
continuum. managed to get through season one. recently really enjoyed it. getting very interesting towards the end. with a few surprises that i didnt expect. wont say to much because its early days with continuum in the uk. it sets it up nicely for season two. looking forward to that. imdb, 8.0/10 from 9,992 users. so that sounds like pretty decent ratings. for continuum,

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 29 Sep 2012, 00:58 | Message # 28
Hiya Robbo. It's good that Kiera Cameron is not a cyborg like what Summer played, otherwise I would be annoyed.
Kiera is human and has lots of attachments and implants. When I say implants, I don't mean...... Oh I hate that kind but if a woman is really really smaller than Summer, I guess drastic measures are needed and I personally don't mind.

I'm glad other people like Continuum.

The Canadian filming makes it Canadian... I guess.
It is difficult to say if there is an, or a lot of American involvement.
I checked out Shaw Media for instance but it doesn't help because these days the nationality of the director, producer, actors are irrelevant IMO.

Yes, don't give anything away. I'm aware that some more futuristic possibilities will be performed? You know, things that could happen some time in the future, just like real cyborgs.
It's funny but before Kiera came along, I had already written in my fanfic about the arrival of Thomas Reese (Derek's unbeknown son with Claire Young's sister) from the year 2040. He was a prisoner of Skynet and had an attachment on his brain that sent out millions of feelers in to his brain, making him THE most advanced AI ever invented.

I hope this is a general discussion page because I am way off track now. I guess it is because I am not that interested in Alphas but will never-the-less watch it, just in case they up their game as my kind of genre. It's quite possible.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Monday, 15 Oct 2012, 12:48

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 15 Oct 2012, 13:01 | Message # 29
I moved comments from robbo and kevin in here.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 14 Jan 2013, 20:29 | Message # 30
Continuum premieres tonight at 8 p.m. ET on Syfy.

Syfy's affiliate Blastr published an article : Why Rachel Nichols dares you to watch her Syfy series Continuum

Why Rachel Nichols dares you to watch her Syfy series Continuum

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » TSCC lovers, Canadian serie Continuum is worth a try!
Search: