Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 10 of 10«128910
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » TSCC lovers, Canadian serie Continuum is worth a try!
TSCC lovers, Canadian serie Continuum is worth a try!
Date: Saturday, 2014 May 17, 16:08 GMT | Message # 136

Friends

Quote John85 ()
I took one look at imdb & the place is filled with comments that they dont understand whats going on in the show anymore. This echo's the comments my parents made before they quit watching the show during the current season3.

They made a big mistake writing the story for season3 so that only the super hardcore fans who've seen each episode five times would understand. That backfired big time.

thats true especial that they voided the episodes towards the ending of the Season 2 and also the finale of Season 2 which was kinda like a "big boom"  was erased as well the first 6 episodes of season 3 where bad i.m.o and  when you have  only 13 episodes in an season something like that should not happen.. Episode 7 & 8 where great and finally more  VFX and future flash backs... but the fate of betty was really unexpected! :/

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Date: Saturday, 2014 May 17, 19:44 GMT | Message # 137

Friends

Chris I retweeted that tweet from Charmaine too. It needs all the support it can get to avoid being cancelled.
Its possible still to get a season 4, they will have go back to what made the show great in the next season.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

Date: Saturday, 2014 May 17, 19:47 GMT | Message # 138

Friends

Quote John85 ()
they will have go back to what made the show great in the next season.
I think it's to late for that they should have continued where season 2 ended  this dark & evil theme is not for everybody and Kiera turned into an less likeable form of anti-hero! the show needs a Season 4 for a proper closure...

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Saturday, 2014 May 17, 19:53

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 22, 23:28 GMT | Message # 139

Friends

Quote Fox012 ()
Quote John85 ( )
they will have go back to what made the show great in the next season.
I think it's to late for that they should have continued where season 2 ended  this dark & evil theme is not for everybody and Kiera turned into an less likeable form of anti-hero! the show needs a Season 4 for a proper closure...

Just realized that in the UK they also didnt pick up Supernatural in addition to Continuum.
Supernatural has the most fangirls of all sci-fi shows so it cant possibly be because of ratings.
Still that hurts Continuum that they lost the UK the 2nd most populated english speaking country in the world.
Before we know it SyFyUK will have dropped every single scripted show & replaced it with reality shows.

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 22, 23:33 GMT | Message # 140

Friends

well  Continuum wasn't picked here for the second season either you in the UK got at least season 2  we here got only Season 1

Date: Friday, 2014 May 23, 00:19 GMT | Message # 141

Friends

Quote Fox012 ()
well  Continuum wasn't picked here for the second season either you in the UK got at least season 2  we here got only Season 1

I'm in the usa, could be its last season here since SyFy has alot of new scripted shows debuting this year & next.

Date: Friday, 2014 May 23, 00:21 GMT | Message # 142

Friends

Yeah I have that fear as well since the ratings on Syfy for the show are gping down with every week it's just a matter of time till Syfy pulls the plug.. and with more and more  places where the show is getting pulled of air showcase won't bother much for a season 4 IMHO...

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Oct 07, 04:04 GMT | Message # 143

Friends

Here"s Why We Still Haven"t Heard Anything About A Fourth Season Of "Continuum" 

For fans of SyFy"s Continuum left hanging after a positively insane season finale, its been one heck of a long summer while we wait for news on a renewal. Now we have an idea about what"s taking so long. 

Though it airs on SyFy, Continuum is actually a Canadian show produced by the Showcase network, which is acquired by SyFy as the U.S. distributor to air the series. The creators of the show had previously said news about a renewal (or cancellation) from Showcase would come more than a month ago, but the network is still mum. 

The reason it"s taken so long, at least according to a Globe and Mail story about the production climate for dramas produced in that corner of Vancouver, Canada? Apparently the series is "in limbo" while talks continue between the studio and Showcase to find a "financial formula" that would allow the series to return for a fourth season. Hey, that"s better news than a cancellation. At least for now.

Producer Simon Barry has been pulling for a renewal, along with a large contingent of fans, with the hashtag #RenewContinuum. The show is awesome and has developed into one of the smartest time-travel series ever to tackle the genre. It"s done a slow boil with its mythos and asks some truly thoughtful questions about what"s right and wrong, and it"s worked to great effect. 

For those curious if SyFy might pick up the series itself if Showcase passes, studio exec Ted A"Zary recently noted on Twitter that a new season solely funded by SyFy is extremely unlikely due to the costs that"d be required to go it alone. 

Via: Reddit, The Globe and Mail

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Dec 03, 04:17 GMT | Message # 144

Friends

SyFy UK Picks Up 'Continuum' Season 3, Eyes January 2015 Premiere 

SyFy UK has made another buy for their 2015 schedule.

The genre channel has reached a deal with Endemol Worldwide Distribution to acquire the UK broadcast rights to the third season of Canadian science fiction series Continuum, TVWise has learned. 

Continuum follows Kiera Cameron, a cop from the future who finds herself trapped in the present day after a group of fanatical terrorists escapes their planned execution by vaulting back in time to 2012, inadvertently sweeping Kiera along the way. 

Continuum, which also airs on SyFy in the US, has yet to be picked up for a fourth season due to budgetary issues. 

This deal marks something of a reversal for SyFy UK. The Universal Networks International owned and operated channel previously aired the show's first two seasons, but earlier this year contacts at SyFy UK informed TVWise that they would not be acquiring the third season. It is understood that there was an issue reaching a deal for S3  after Endemol took over distribution rights from Gk-tv, though the two were eventually able to come to terms. 

Via: TVWise

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Dec 10, 03:44 GMT | Message # 145

Friends

'Continuum' Ending In 2015 With Six-Episode Fourth Season 

Continuum's upcoming fourth season will be its last. And it will be rather brief. 

SyFy and Canada's Showcase have both renewed the time-travel police drama for a six-episode fourth season, set to air in 2015. 

In a statement on Monday, star Rachel Nichols wrote, "All great stories deserve an end. I am excited and grateful to finish Continuum with the riveting conclusion it deserves. This series finale is dedicated to the devoted fans who have loyally supported us since day one."

The series, from executive producer Simon Barry, premiered on Showcase in 2012 and was picked up by SyFy in 2013. It follows Nichols ' Kiera Cameron as a police officer from a violent future who accidentally travels back to 2012 Vancouver. 

"Continuum's award-winning success on Showcase is a testament to the quality of our Canadian original productions," Christine Shipton, Senior Vice President of content at Shaw Media, wrote in a statement. "With Executive Producer Simon Barry at its helm, the fourth and final season of Continuum is bound to deliver a heroic conclusion to the futuristic series." 

I suppose in a nutshell,  I'm happy to see the producers have the balls to finish the show. But I bet Simon Barry had to get his begging bowl out. ' More Simon you dare ask for more ' But at least the show has a wrap-up season for the Continuum fans even if its a short one.

Via: EW

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Dec 10, 09:11 GMT | Message # 146

Site Admin

Quote robbo ()
'Continuum' Ending In 2015 With Six-Episode Fourth Season

I'm glad it's getting a proper ending. I will definitely watch the last season.

Tis the season to be jolly...and to breakdance on rooftops with the cast of Continuum to celebrate the renewal of the time-travel police drama for a six-episode fourth season!
Elf yourself! Here are Continuum cast members Rachel Nichols, Victor Webster, Erik Knudsen, Lexa Doig and Roger R. Cross like you've never seen them before!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Wednesday, 2015 Jan 28, 02:25 GMT | Message # 147

Friends

# 146  Yes it's pretty decent of the shirt/ties from up above to give a proper send off to the show. Will definitely watch. 
Love the moves of the cast felt like joining in! I wish.  wink

Date: Wednesday, 2015 Jan 28, 03:03 GMT | Message # 148

Friends

Rachel Nichols Talks Continuum Future: "Perhaps This Isn't The End"

Rachel Nichols has expressed hopes that her sci-fi series Continuum will continue past its fourth season. Continuum - which stars Nichols as time-traveller Kiera - will premiere its third season tomorrow night on Syfy.

A fourth and final season of Continuum - spanning six episodes - will start shooting in March for a late 2015 broadcast in Canada, but Nichols told DS that she remains "optimistic" about the show's future.

"I'd like to see the fourth season be such an incredible success that maybe we can get a little bit more out of it," she admitted. "Maybe there are some legs to it somewhere else and I think that the fans would be in support of that.

"I know that we're gonna do everything possible to make season four even more electric and thought-provoking than prior seasons, so of course I'd like to be optimistic and think that perhaps this isn't the end."

Nichols added that she was "disappointed" with the decision to wrap up Continuum but "very grateful" that the series was granted its final six episodes.

"I don't want the story to end and I know there's so much more to be told," she explained. "I know the show creator Simon Barry has so much more in his head that he could do with the show for years to come, but those aren't the decisions that I get to make.

"But at least we're been given a chance to give the show the proper end it deserves, and give the fans answers to at least some of their questions ---- I can't promise that all of their questions will be answered!''

Continuum season three begins tomorrow night (Wednesday, January 28) at 10pm on Syfy.

Via: DigitalSpy

Reeve Foundation Champions Committee Summer Party

Rachel Nichols attends the Reeve Foundation Champions Committee Summer Party at No.8 on August 22, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images for Reeve Foundation)

Rachel Nichols attends the Reeve Foundation Champions Committee Summer PartyRachel Nichols attends the Reeve Foundation Champions Committee Summer Party

Date: Friday, 2015 Jul 31, 01:25 GMT | Message # 149

Friends

Continuum's Final Season Gets Syfy Premiere Date

We now know when the beginning of Continuum's end will air on Syfy.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Canadian-produced sci-fi drama will kick off its fourth and final, six-episode season on Friday, Sept. 11 at 11/10c.

As such, the Rachel Nichols starrer will run only a week behind its airings in Canada, which launch Sept. 4 on Showcase.

In the series' farewell run, Kiera (played by Nichols) and the mysterious time traveler Brad Tonkin (Ryan Robbins, Falling Skies) must battle the Future Soldiers who arrived in a flash of light in the closing moments of Season 3. Meanwhile, Kiera's alliance with the remaining members of Liber8 challenges her relationship with both Carlos (Victor Webster) and Alec (Erik Knudsen).

As things wind down, Kiera must also face off against Kellog (Stephen Lobo), who is using every option available to become the ruler of a dark future built in his image.

Via: TVLine

Rachel Nichols at the 41st Annual Saturn Awards at The Castaway on June 25, 2015 in Burbank, California.

Rachel Nichols at the 41st Annual Saturn Awards Rachel Nichols at the 41st Annual Saturn Awards Rachel Nichols at the 41st Annual Saturn Awards

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » TSCC lovers, Canadian serie Continuum is worth a try!
Page 10 of 10«128910
Search: