[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 8 of 11«1267891011»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Terminator 5 and 6
Terminator 5 and 6
robboDate: Saturday, 04 Oct 2014, 04:14 | Message # 106
Group: Friends
"Terminator Genesis" Is A Love Story?

Actor J.K. Simmons has described next year"s "Terminator Genesis" as something you would not expect to hear it described as - "a love story"

The actor has certainly been involved in his share of big projects ranging from cable series hit "The Closer" to Sam Raimi"s blockbuster "Spider-Man" films. He tells Coming Soon that next year"s time-travel action thriller film is probably more dimensional and well-rounded than many are expecting:

"I thought, well, obviously it"s a gigantic movie and on that level, it"s something most actors would want to be a part of, but is it just going to be the formulaic yadda-yadda-yadda then cut to the stuff blowing up? But I found the script to be really much more intelligent and fun and funny and well-rounded and heartfelt. It"s a love story. It"s a really interesting script. They got great actors. I wrapped that in August, so that was another movie that ended up being really satisfying on all levels."

Simmons couldn"t talk about the contents of the film as such, but was able to discuss his co-stars:

"Most of my stuff was with Jai Courtney and Emilia Clarke and Arnold Schwarzenegger was very involved or rather I was involved in a fair amount of stuff with Arnold, I felt I could give too much away by saying that I get to work with all those actors, but people know the characters that they"re playing."

Courtney and Clarke play Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor in the film which involves time travel elements that cross back through pre-existing "Terminator" mythology. 

Via: DH

robboDate: Saturday, 04 Oct 2014, 05:31 | Message # 107
10 Upcoming Movies With Incredibly Stupid Titles 

1.  Terminator: Genisys 

The film: Terminator is such a brilliant idea with so many avenues to explore it"s not surprising to see it brought back every few years. its machines sending robots back in time plot allows for all manner of movies - anything from contemporary actions flicks with slight sci-fi trappings to all-out dystopian war-torn future. The success of these outings has varied, with the best entry in the mythology since series creator James Cameron left after Terminator 2: Judgment Day being the cancelled TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Next year"s reboot, sequel, prequel (time travel makes it really complicated) will try to best that with a plot that sees all major players from the story so far brought together. 

The Title: Originally the film was called Terminator: Genesis, which wasn"t perfect (it"s another fancy term for reboot/origin story), but given the suggested plot it kinda worked. Then, on 6th August 2014 we all learned it had been changed to (and brace yourself here) Terminator: Genisys. At first we thought Paramount didn"t understand April fools was a once a year thing, but then it sank in, they were serious. 

Allegedly the change was made to fit the plot of the movie, although if the finished product has something called Genisys (a computer system called Geni? then we think another rewrite may have been required. 

Via: WC

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 04 Oct 2014, 15:38 | Message # 108
Group: Administrators
May 28, 2014: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney and Jason Clarke get to work on their upcoming movie, "Terminator: Genesis" in New Orleans. The cast filmed a scene where Emilia and Jai were dressed in blue scrubs with a gun in hand, pointing it at their co-star Jason. Meanwhile Arnold stands close by, not doing much. The film is expected to be released in July 2015.

Terminator: Genisys bts photosTerminator: Genisys bts photosTerminator: Genisys bts photos
Terminator: Genisys bts photosTerminator: Genisys bts photosTerminator: Genisys bts photos

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

The1RussterDate: Sunday, 05 Oct 2014, 16:39 | Message # 109
Group: Writer
I think the whole damn thing is going to be a train wreck, made all the worse because they are retconning James Cameron's original Terminator films. Because Cameron's original films weren't shot with the idea they would be revisited in later films like in the Back-2-the-Future scenario, they have to recast all the key roles, reshoot all the key scenes, then on top of it insert this over-the-hill terminator that is time traveling from one movie plot to the other like a story ripped from Doctor Who.

Why not just reboot from the start? Why fuck around with Cameron's films? Because the writer's don't have a fucking clue what Terminator is about.

Is there a love story there? Yes. First between a man and a woman, Kyle and Sarah, then between a mother and son, Sarah and John. But its more than that, and revisiting the first two films won't capture the 'magic' of Cameron's genius, merely insult the genius that gave us two great films in the Terminator lore.

They will regret not starting off with a new story from the start.

Some may argue Terminator Salvation was a new story and that failed. Well, what made TS fail wasn't that it was a new story, it was because the story was weak and had major plot holes and an underwhelming main plot dependent on chance actions by certain characters. Not to mention over-the-top acting by some individuals. There are portions of the film which are enjoyable, provided you ignore the story and focus on the action. Its sort of like sitting back and watching someone play a high end video game in that regards.

If they want to make a good Terminator film, then they should have studied the first two films, which stylistically are both very different, to find out what made them special. Talk to the Terminator fans, talk to James Cameron, then create an entirely new story around some new characters and/or existing characters that is set in the Terminator universe. But if they are going to reboot, then they should do so without using Cameron's films as a crutch and a victim of their retcon.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

robboDate: Saturday, 11 Oct 2014, 01:13 | Message # 110
"Terminator Genisys" Is PG-13, Not A Sequel?

Australian actor Jai Courtney takes over the role Kyle Reese in the upcoming "Terminator Genisys" and has confirmed that the upcoming film will sport a PG-13 rating like "Terminator Salvation" and unlike the R of the first three movies. He tells The Arnold Fans:

"I would love to see it be rated R, but I don't think it will. I think in this day & age, it's much more likely to be PG-13. There were no f-bombs. But there'll be a healthy amount of movie violence."

He also spoke to The Huffington Post about the film's story and says it is not a film that can be easily labelled:

"We start in a place we're familiar with from the early films and then, circumstances change. It somewhat shifts the course of events from that point. It's not necessarily a sequel or a reboot. I don't even know how you brand it correctly. We're not remaking one of the early "Terminator" movies. And it doesn't necessarily carry on from the point where we left off."

It has previously been indicated that the film will crossover with events in the original 1984 "The Terminator" and then create an alternate series of events never depicted in the original movie (an alternate universe take ala J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek").

Courtney also tells TAF he hears the plan is to shoot the next two films of the proposed trilogy back-to-back in 2016.

Via: DH

Jai Courtney arrives at the premiere of Summit Entertainment's 'Divergent' at the Regency Bruin Theatre on March 18, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.

Courtney arrives at the premiere of Summit Entertainment's 'Divergent' at the Regency Bruin Theatre on March 18, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.Courtney arrives at the premiere of Summit Entertainment's 'Divergent' at the Regency Bruin Theatre on March 18, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.

robboDate: Friday, 24 Oct 2014, 04:00 | Message # 111
10 Major Challenges Terminator Genisys Faces 

4.  Doing Something New 

The problem with Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines - well, one of the problems with Rise Of The Machines - was how in thrall it was to the original films. In certain ways, anyway: It followed a similar arc to Judgement Day, and it imitated the opening of both of Cameron's films with the nude Arnie turning up and demanding people's clothes, motorcycles, and boots albeit with a comedic twist.

Besides that, it ignored what made the first two movies brilliant, which is the weird risks and new elements it introduced. Not just new Terminators, but straight up switching genres (like the leap from Alien to Aliens, The Terminator to T2 is like horror movie to action flick) and the like. 

You know what the most interesting post-Cameron Terminator media was? The TV show. The Sarah Connor Chronicles wasn't particularly rated commercially or critically, but it actually tried to do something different with the existing continuity. Ignoring the films post-Judgement Day, it instead depicted Sarah and John Connor trying to live under the radar and avoid detection by Cyberdyne, whilst being aided by a way more badass female Terminator than Rise Of The Machines managed. It expanded the worldview, introduced some neat new concepts, and has since evaporated into obscurity. 

A feather in the cap for Cameron (Summer Glau) for her role of kicking some butt in TSCC. 

Via: WC

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 03 Nov 2014, 15:07 | Message # 112
11 of the Best Sci-Fi Robots Ever

Terminator

Being the prompt for the original question, it's no surprise that the Terminator still holds a near and dear place in our hearts. Surprisingly enough, Summer Glau's portray of Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles also received an equal amount of love. Along with the T-1000 and the T-X, Schwarzenegger and Glau make up one happy genocidal robot family.

11 of the Best Sci-Fi Robots Ever

Read full article at gizmodo.com

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 08 Nov 2014, 12:27 | Message # 113
Entertainment Weekly has published an exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys, including this image from the movie, in which Sarah Connor (Melinda Clark) and Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) are shooting at (probably) a Terminator.

Sarah Connor (Melinda Clark) and Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) are shooting at (probably) Lee Hyun Byung villainous T-1000

The image shows the back of an Armored Truck, most likely being driven by the Arnold's T-800, aka "pops". And while this would be an obvious homage to the highway chase seen in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, I can't help but think about this scene from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 1x05 "Queen's Gambit".

Summer Glau as Cameron shoot at a terminator

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014, 01:19 | Message # 114
Shiny and new T-800 right off the evil Skynet Assembly Line. Redesigned by Legacy Effects for Terminator Genisys.

new T-800 right off the evil Skynet Assembly Line

robboDate: Wednesday, 19 Nov 2014, 03:36 | Message # 115
# 114  Absolutely wicked the new T-800 certainly looks an awesome sight. Those bright red eyes bring back memories from TSCC. Great Redesign.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 02 Dec 2014, 20:30 | Message # 116
The countdown begins. Get ready for the new Terminator Genisys trailer with this living one sheet

Terminator Genisys Movie - Motion Poster

TalonDate: Tuesday, 02 Dec 2014, 21:43 | Message # 117
You know Chris. This sounds cool and I like the sheet, but have you learned where the older t-800 raises Sarah Connor!? She looses her parents around age nine and the old one takes care of her...And trains her to be the bad ass she is? It's on the Wikipedia page and some other sites also...if that's the case...This Sarah Connor(the one we know and love) is not going to be the innocent waitress that gets thrust into the middle of the war between man and machine. Our Sarah needs that danger and drive that our Kyle will give to her as they ran from the original Terminator (Not some time travel BS that involves the older John coming back in time...he has to stay in the future in order to destroy Skynet and help finish the war out. What's he going to do? Pull a proverbial alternate John Connor out of his magic time machine and be like "Oh hi, I'm you by the way you beat Skynet, but get killed by the T-850 five short years later.

It seems like this movie is going the Star Trek alternate universe route...

Sorry to rant, but I'm just real passionate about the original films and TSCC...this new movie pretty much throws everything to the side. I'd prefer the continuation of tSCC in some form or faction. Even if Josh or the others couldn't do it or just did not want to do it anymore.

We as the fans are owed by Josh to finish out TSCC or let us know what the Hell happened to John!!!
It's our right Dammitt!!

The world is cruel...so I laugh at the irony.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 02 Dec 2014, 22:02 | Message # 118
Ref #117

Yes, I"m aware of that and I'm as surprised as every Terminator/TSCC fan.
As an aside the aging Terminator in Terminator Genisys stands in contradiction to Friedman's vision of the Terminator 'frozen in time and beauty" described by Eric the librarian in TSCC 2x11 "Self Made Man".

Quote Talon ()
We as the fans are owed by Josh to finish out TSCC or let us know what the Hell happened to John!!!
It's our right Dammitt!!

I do not have any expectations from Friedman regarding potential revelations about TSCC season 3.

On the same subject, it is quite interesting to see that Skydance Productions, the company who co-produces the upcoming Terminator movies, shares our views on Summer's performance in TSCC.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 03 Dec 2014, 23:16 | Message # 119
Here's a SNEAK PEEK of the new Terminator: Genisys trailer.

Prepare for tomorrow's world premiere of the Terminator Genisys trailer

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 04 Dec 2014, 22:04 | Message # 120
He's back. Watch the new Terminator Genisys trailer starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I watched "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" a few days ago and I just realized the main character in the movie Jason Clarke is also John Connor in the new Terminator movie.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Terminator 5 and 6
Page 8 of 11«1267891011»
Search: