menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Terminator 5 and 6
Terminator 5 and 6
robboDate: Saturday, 15 Mar 2014, 00:07 | Message # 91
Group: Friends
Terminator: Genesis Casts J.K. Simmons

Terminator: Genesis Casts J.K. Simmons

Alan Taylor has cast J.K Simmons in an undisclosed role for Terminator: Genesis.

All that is known about the role is that Simmons will play an alcoholic detective who has been following the Sarah Connors case since 1984.

Perhaps Simmons is playing a version of Detective Hal Vukovich from the original 1984 movie that was first played by Lance Henriksen.

J.K. Simmons joins Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connors, Jason Clarke as John Connors, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese and Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator.

J.K. Simmons is known for playing J. Jonah Jameson in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies.

Previous details about the storyline for Terminator: Genesis mentioned alternate timelines and revisiting the first two films.

"Terminator: Genesis" has a July 1, 2015 release.

Via: CBN

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 15 Mar 2014, 01:48 | Message # 92
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
All that is known about the role is that Simmons will play an alcoholic detective who has been following the Sarah Connors case since 1984.

Sounds like they are taking some elements from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles where detective James Ellison was tracking the Connors in the past to when they time traveled to the present.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Tuesday, 25 Mar 2014, 23:19 | Message # 93
# 92  It does indeed by all accounts, they could do with watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, It might just give them a bit of food for thought, how good of a show TSCC really was if they are looking for ways and means of improving Terminator: Genesis.

robboDate: Tuesday, 25 Mar 2014, 23:54 | Message # 94
Arnold Schwarzenegger Explains Aged Terminator In "Genesis"

With Arnold Schwarzenegger set to reprise as the Terminator once again in the new Terminator: Genesis movie it can"t be helped but wondered just how that will be as Arnold is now 66 years old.

The Austrian Oak now explains how there will be an older Terminator in the movie, speaking with MTV.

"The way that the character is written, it"s a machine underneath," Schwarzenegger stated. "It"s this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator"s flesh ages, just like any other human being"s flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages."

From that, we can guess that a Terminator goes back in time and ages 30 or so years. There have even been rumors suggesting a Terminator is sent back to the time when Sarah Connor was in her childhood.

Arnold also mentions a younger T-800 model (the version he played in the 1984 Terminator) will be featured, which may suggest some truth to the rumors or speculation that a Terminator goes back in time, but sticks around for 30 years or so in real time.

"Terminator deals a lot with time travel, so there will be a younger T-800," Schwarzenegger added. "And then what that model does later on when it gets reprogrammed, and who gets ahold of him. So it will be all kinds of interesting twists in the movie, but I feel so good."

"Terminator Genesis" has a July 1, 2015 release.

Via: CosmicBookNews

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 26 Mar 2014, 01:47 | Message # 95
Quote robbo ()
"The way that the character is written, it"s a machine underneath," Schwarzenegger stated. "It"s this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator"s flesh ages, just like any other human being"s flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages."

Not TSCC canon!

Quote from Terminator: Les chroniques de Sarah Connor: Season 2, Episode 11 "Self Made Man", in the scene where Eric and Cameron are in the film's vault of the library:

Terminator: Les chroniques de Sarah Connor: Season 2, Episode 11 Self Made Man, in the scene where Eric and Cameron are in the film's vault of the library

All these people, captured, frozen in time. They never age. I mean, a hundred year can pass...they'll still be here, still look exactly the same.
[...]
Be beautiful, Healthy, strong.

robboDate: Thursday, 27 Mar 2014, 02:20 | Message # 96
20 Most Epic Character Introductions In Movies  14.  The T800 - The Terminator ( 1984 )

20 Most Epic Character Introductions In Movies  14.  The T800 - The Terminator ( 1984 )

With Terminator Genesis (or whatever they end up calling it) set for release next year, the franchise is still going strong over 30 years since James Cameron"s classic sci-fi. No matter how good the latest movie ends up being, there"s no chance it will match the iconic introduction of Arnold Schwarzenegger"s T800 to audiences back in 1984.

We first witness the Terminator arriving from the future as all Skynet models presumably do, completely naked and preceded by a shower of sparks and blue light. From there, the emotionless killing machine decides that it needs a new set of clothes and just happens upon a trio of punks that includes a young Bill Paxton. After refusing to part with their duds, the T800 takes it personally and kills two of the punks before the third sees sense and donates his clothes to the nude killer robot from the future.

Schwarzenegger"s massive build made him a perfect choice for the machine designed to represent human physical perfection, and his monotone delivery of the dialogue makes it seem as though he is processing information rather than simply repeating it. This brief scene also established the Terminator as a ruthless killer, one that will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Via: WhatCulture

robboDate: Sunday, 30 Mar 2014, 02:54 | Message # 97
Dayo Okeniyi Cast In Terminator: Genesis; Parts 2 & 3 To Film Back-To-Back

Dayo Okeniyi has been cast in the Terminator: Genesis movie as Danny Dyson, son of Miles Dyson from Terminator 2.

Dayo Okeniyi has been cast in the Terminator: Genesis movie as Danny Dyson, son of Miles Dyson from Terminator 2

Okeniyi recently appeared in The Hunger Games, Runner, Runner, The Spectacular Now and the Revolution TV series.

Deadline also reports that parts 2 and 3 of the new Terminator franchise will film back-to-back in Louisiana over a nine month span.

Danny Dyson, in Terminator: Genesis, is described as a Steve Jobs genius who figures heavily into the conclusion of the film, and who holds the key to technology development that makes Skynet possible.

"Terminator Genesis" has a July 1, 2015 release directed by Alan Taylor.

Via: Deadline

robboDate: Tuesday, 01 Apr 2014, 02:42 | Message # 98
Storm Shadow Actor Joins Terminator: Genesis & More

Three new casting announcements for Alan Taylor"s Terminator: Genesis movie become known with Byung-Hun Lee, Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt.

Byung-Hun Lee, Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt join Terminator: Genesis movie

Byung-Hun Lee played Storm Shadow in the G.I. Joe movies, with Michael Gladis known for AMC"s Mad Men and Sandrine Holt known for House Of Cards.

Byung-Hun Lee"s role is said to be a key role in Terminator: Genesis, but isn"t being released. THR actually states the role is a "doozy" (maybe a new Terminator?).

Gladis and Sandrine"s roles are likewise being kept under wraps.

Dayo Okeniyi was recently cast as son to Terminator 2"s Miles Dyson.

J.K Simmons joined the cast recently as well set to play an alcoholic detective.

"Terminator Genesis" has a July 1, 2015 release.

Via: THR

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 01 Apr 2014, 07:20 | Message # 99
Ref #98

As an aside, Michael Gladis plays King Diamond in Joe Lynch's Knights of Badassdom.

Here's a picture of Gladis (blue t-shirt next to Summer Glau) at the Knights of Badassdom panel at Comic Con 2011.

Knights of Badassdom panel at Comic Con 2011

robboDate: Wednesday, 23 Apr 2014, 01:42 | Message # 100
Aaron Williamson To Play T-800 In Terminator: Genesis, 3 Timelines Rumored

With filming on Terminator: Genesis officially underway, we learn a couple new details.

The first sees bodybuilder Aaron Williamson playing a version of the T-800 Terminator (possibly younger) as Williamson took to his Facebook to let the news be known. Apparently, the post was meant to be just for his friends and family, but somehow it leaked online:

"Thanks to an amazing team of people who help me get better each week, both physically & creatively, I"ll be playing a T-800 (Terminator) in the upcoming production "Terminator: Genesis" I"m extremely grateful & motivated as this new chapter begins to take shape.

In addition, Aaron Williamson is said to have posted the following image of himself as a T-800 (it"s unknown if it"s official).

It"s also being stated that three timelines will be featured in Terminator: Genesis as apparently Arnold Schwarzenegger mentioned it to The Nerdist.

The Terminator fan site, Terminator fans, has details that Terminator: Genesis looks to feature the time periods of 1984, 2017 and a later future war date possibly 2027-2029.

"Terminator: Genesis has a July 1, 2015 release.

Via: CBN

Aaron Williamson To Play T-800 In Terminator: Genesis, 3 Timelines Rumored

Charley_DixonDate: Thursday, 24 Apr 2014, 06:25 | Message # 101
Is it just me or the skull really looks more like T-888 than T-800?

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 24 Apr 2014, 13:45 | Message # 102
Terminator/TSCC feels on Arrow!

Terminator/TSCC feels on Arrow

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 01 Jun 2014, 23:38 | Message # 103
Thanks to The Daily Mail, we’ve got our first look at Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator alongside Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) as Sarah Connor and Jai Courtney (Jack Reacher) as Kyle Reese in the currently in production Terminator: Genesis….

Terminator: Genesis set photos featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney

Chris7Date: Monday, 02 Jun 2014, 09:06 | Message # 104
wow! smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 15 Jun 2014, 08:30 | Message # 105
I had a really good laugh reading this line:

And the entire reason a Terminator can time-travel is that it’s a metal skeleton but covered in living tissue. So if you wanted it bad enough you should be able to shove a weapon up your butt before you go, right?

Read the full article at uproxx.com

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Terminator 5 and 6
Search: