menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Terminator 5 and 6
Terminator 5 and 6
chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 16 Dec 2013, 13:16 | Message # 76
Group: Administrators
Terminator (1984) won the Grand Prize at the 1985 edition of the Avoriaz festival of film fantastique. Here's the French movie poster.

Terminator (1984) won the Grand Prize at the 1985 edition of the Avoriaz festival of film fantastique

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Saturday, 11 Jan 2014, 02:31 | Message # 77
Group: Friends
Actors Line Up For Kyle Reese Role In " Terminator: Genesis " 
Sources tell Variety that Boyd Holbrook, Tom Cocquerel, Wilson Bethel, Sam Reid, and Jai Courtney are among the actors that will test on Monday for the role of Kyle Reese. In the 1984 original, that character, played by Michael Biehn, is sent back in time to protect Sarah Connor and ends up being the father to the savior of the future, John Connor. Emilie Clarke and Jason Clarke are already on board to play Sarah and John Connor. with Arnold Schwarzenegger expected to return to his iconic role. Alan Taylor is directing. No plot details have been released yet, but a time travel element is probably expected since Emilie Clarke and all the guys testing are younger than Jason Clarke. Paramount had originally eyed more recognizable names like Nicholas Hoult and Garrett Hedlund to test for this role. Sources say both actors didn"t want to read which led Par to focus on actors still building a pedigree.  Pic is dated to bow on July 1, 2015.
Source Variety

robboDate: Monday, 13 Jan 2014, 02:10 | Message # 78
"Terminator: Genesis" Begins Filming In April!
The other day we got word of the possible shortlist of actors up for Kyle Reese. Now according to Production Weekly we have a filming start date! According to them Terminator: Genesis begins filming April 21st in New Orleans. " Update TERMINATOR: GENESIS begins filming on April 21st in New Orleans. - Production Weekly (@prodweek) January 11, 2014 - Terminator Genesis hits summer 2015
Source SMN

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 18 Jan 2014, 17:04 | Message # 79
Terminator 2 behind-the-scenes- photos published in UK magazine SciFiNow issue 86

Terminator 2 behind-the-scenes- photos published in UK magazine SciFiNow issue 86 <br /> Terminator 2 behind-the-scenes- photos published in UK magazine SciFiNow issue 86 <br /> Terminator 2 behind-the-scenes- photos published in UK magazine SciFiNow issue 86 <br /> Terminator 2 behind-the-scenes- photos published in UK magazine SciFiNow issue 86 <br />

DavidDate: Friday, 24 Jan 2014, 16:46 | Message # 80
Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures Terminates Financial Involvement in ‘Terminator: Genesis’

David Ellison’s Skydance Productions will finance two-thirds of the budget, with distributor Paramount picking up the rest of the tab

Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures has dropped out as a co-financier of “Terminator: Genesis,” though the budding movie mogul will retain an executive producer credit on the latest entry in the blockbuster sci-fi franchise, multiple individuals familiar with the project has told TheWrap.

David Ellison and his Skydance Productions are sticking with “Terminator” and will now finance two-thirds of the budget, with distributor Paramount picking up the rest of the tab.

Read full article at The Wrap

what does it mean?

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 24 Jan 2014, 16:58 | Message # 81
Quote David ()
what does it mean?

For who?
Thanks for the heads up, btw. The drama continues on the Terminator saga.

robboDate: Monday, 03 Feb 2014, 04:07 | Message # 82
How To Make A Future War Terminator 5 
Finishing The Future War Trilogy - To complete the Terminator Franchise only two movies are required - one set in both 2027 and 2029 (Terminator 5), and another set in 2032 (Terminator 6). Terminator 5 will tell of the events leading up to John Connor sending Kyle Reese back in time to 1984 and a reprogrammed T-800 to 1994. Whereas Terminator 6 will tell of the events leading up to John Connor"s Death (as foretold in Terminator 3) and sending the T-850 back in time to 2004.

John Connor"s Character Arc - In the last Installment, a kill list sourced from Skynet named all the members of resistance command aboard the submarine USS Wilmington. As a contingency plan, and partly from cowardice, not all of the resistances commanders would have remained aboard. As such those not on the USS Wilmington would have blamed John Connor and his call for a delay in the bombardment of Skynet Central as being responsible for the deaths Generals Ashdown and Losenko. Add to this John Connors foreknowledge that he will die 4th July 2032, he will know that the resistances impending victory (See Resolution of Disparencies) over the machines in 2029 is improbable, thus further placing him as an outsider to resistance command and many of those around him. Yet by the climax of Terminator 5, it is important John Connor, revealing proof that the Resistances victory was a ruse proves himself worthy of becoming the leader of the resistance. As such Terminator 5 could end up with a re-enactment of the scene in Terminator 2 where John Connor observes the start of Skynets assault with its second generation army.
Via: Scified

robboDate: Monday, 03 Feb 2014, 04:35 | Message # 83
Kyle Reese"s Character Arc - After being rescued by John Connor and saying goodbye to Markus Wright, Kyle Reese would still remain an upbeat confident character. The loss of Star (as seen in the first flashforward dream in the Terminator) while shadowing a H-K Tank, losing Sarah Connor"s photograph when a Terminator infiltrates General Perry"s base and other factors will strip the character down to the haggard, weary, lonely fighter portrayed by Michael Biehn in The Terminator.

Resolution Of Disparencies - Kyle Reese claimed the resistance had defeated Skynet and the Machines before he traveled back in time from 2029, whereas the T-850 told John and Kate (Terminator 3) that he had killed John Connor in 2032, thus Kyle Reese"s claims of victory are false, unless he and the resistance were led to believe that victory was indeed imminent by Skynet hiding its newly produced second generation machines (Hyperalloy chassis"s,"Neural Network Processors and Hydrogen fuel cells - seen in the first 3 Terminator movies) underground, while allowing the resistance to gain confidence by rescuing captured human detainees, destroying Skynets remaining surface installations and destroying Skynets remaining first generation machines (those seen in Terminator Salvation).

robboDate: Monday, 03 Feb 2014, 05:00 | Message # 84
What Has Been, Will Be - The TDE (Time Displacement Equipment) Chamber Scene is the single most important scene of Terminator 5 as it connects directly to the first two installments in the franchise and thus completes the narrative loop in relation to events that led up to the destruction of Miles Bennet Dyson"s work and his ultimate sacrifice to ensure that the Judgment Day date of August 29th 1997 never came to pass.

An Older T-800 - Though the feasibility of a 66 year old looking Terminator does fit in with the machines role as an infiltrator, for a model 101 AKA Arnold Schwarzenegger this would be highly unlikely with previously model 101"s having appeared younger. That is unless his character is, throughout Terminator 5 and 6, used to fulfill the role of the T-850 (posing as a T-800) responsible for John Connor"s death. In 2027 the character, with middle aged looking skin (capable using CGI manipulation) could infiltrate Tech-Comm before being incapacitated and reprogrammed. Come 2029 the same Terminator now acts as John Connor"s bodyguard, but has aged to what Arnold now looks like because of a rapid aging side affect of its highly regenerative tissue sheath.

robboDate: Monday, 03 Feb 2014, 05:20 | Message # 85
The Dyson Dynasty - An interesting inclusion into the narrative of John Connor"s fall from grace as an outsider in Terminator 5 would be the re-introduction of Miles Dyson"s son Danny. Because of his fathers death Danny would understandably hate John Connor, but would also respect Connor because of his foreshadowing knowledge of Judgment Day and the machines. Thus it would be interesting to see Danny Dyson ordered by Resistance Command to join Tech Comm, with the intention to covertly gather intel and evidence to discredit John Connor.

The H-K Centurion - Of James Cameron"s unused concepts from Terminator 2, the H-K centurion holds the most promise for a reprisal, From the concept art for the machine it could be made to be an alternative form of the H-K tank - in which the "head" is lowered down onto the units back, before stepping away from the treaded carriage of the tank on its four hydraulic legs. The carriage of the tank can then move autonomously, carrying a cargo of either T-800"s or captured human refugees.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 12 Feb 2014, 15:03 | Message # 86
Terminator: Genesis Narrows Its Kyle Reese Search Down To Two

‘Terminator Genesis’: Between Jai Courtney, Boyd Holbrook For Kyle Reese Role?

I’m hearing that it’s between Jai Courtney and Boyd Holbrook to play Kyle Reese, the role originated by Michael Biehn in the James Cameron-directed original. Now, they could throw someone else into the mix, but it sounds like they are focused on these guys. The winner will join Arnold Schwarzenegger as the signature cyborg, Game Of Thrones‘ Emilia Clarke as Sara Connor and Zero Dark Thirty’s Jason Clarke as her son John Connor in the time travel saga that will be directed by Thor: The Dark World helmer Alan Taylor. The film will be released July 1, 2015.

Read full article at Deadline

robboDate: Thursday, 20 Feb 2014, 00:25 | Message # 87
Jai Courtney Cast As Kyle Reese In Terminator: Genesis (see message above)

Last week we heard that the race for the role of Kyle Reese in Thor: The Dark World director Alan Taylor"s Terminator: Genesis was down to two contenders and now we have a winner, with Jai Courtney (A Good Day to Die Hard) securing the part of the time-travelling hero against competition from Boyd Holbrook (Gone Girl).

Terminator: Genesis is a reboot of James Cameron"s sci-fi classic, with Emilie Clarke (Game of Thrones) set to play Sarah Connor and Jason Clarke (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) cast as her future son John Connor. and of course, reboot or not, you can"t have The Terminator without The Terminator (well, unless you"re Terminator: Salvation, kind of), so naturally Arnold Schwarzenegger is on board as his signature role.

Terminator: Genesis is set for release on July 1st 2015.

Via: FM

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 04 Mar 2014, 16:09 | Message # 88
Exclusive : More original characters returning for new Terminator

Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator: Your clothes, give them to me now

We've known for sometime that the new Terminator flick, Terminator: Genesis, would be screwing with the original trilogy's timeline a little. But we had no idea it was going to redo old scenes entirely. A bunch of alleged plot details has us wondering how they'll pull this one off.

Movie Hole has a few plot tidbits, leaked from an unnamed "reliable source" that they stand by — but this still sounds a little rumor milly, so take the gossip with a grain of salt. That being said, this sounds totally bananas.

Read full article at Moviehole

Needs a Summer Glau cameo. Period.

Summer Glau as Cameron in TSCC 2x08 Mr Ferguson is Ill Today

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 04 Mar 2014, 17:47 | Message # 89
Group: Writer
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Exclusive : More original characters returning for new Terminator

Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator: Your clothes, give them to me now

We've known for sometime that the new Terminator flick, Terminator: Genesis, would be screwing with the original trilogy's timeline a little. But we had no idea it was going to redo old scenes entirely. A bunch of alleged plot details has us wondering how they'll pull this one off.

Movie Hole has a few plot tidbits, leaked from an unnamed "reliable source" that they stand by — but this still sounds a little rumor milly, so take the gossip with a grain of salt. That being said, this sounds totally bananas.

Read full article at Moviehole

Needs a Summer Glau cameo. Period.

Summer Glau as Cameron in TSCC 2x08 Mr Ferguson is Ill Today

If that article is true, then the reboot is going to be worse than I feared. I may also point out that if that is the plan for the reboot movie, then I don't see how a new TV series supposedly linking T1 to their reboot Terminator:Genesis fits in with that idea. Anyway, I always take these articles based on information from a "reliable source" with a grain of salt, sometimes I even use the whole salt shaker.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 04 Mar 2014, 17:51

robboDate: Tuesday, 11 Mar 2014, 02:05 | Message # 90
Jai Courtney Talks About Joining The Cast Of Terminator: Genesis!

Jai Courtney Talks About Joining The Cast Of Terminator: Genesis

Despite the almost universal outcry from Terminator fans the world over siblings Megan and David Ellison are adamant to continue with their reboot of the Terminator franchise, with questionable (rumored) plot details and an even more questionable cast.
One of the cast, Jai Courtney (A good Day To Die Hard) spoke about joining the cast of the movie while promoting his forthcoming movie Divergent.

"I"ve always had a bit of skepticism about something being rebooted.
I remember when A Good Day To Die Hard came around a few years ago, I was like, "Really? They"re gonna make another one?" and then I found myself in it and totally invested in it.
I think it"s healthy to have that skepticism because you want it to be something special, you want to keep that eye for quality sharp.
But when I read this, I was pretty into it and the story"s cool.
It"s attached a great cast as well.
I think Emilia Clarke"s wonderful and she"s got a lot of support and stuff behind her.
And Jason Clarke as well I"m a big admirer of so, yeah, it"s gonna be really cool, man.
I"m looking forward to doing that, and running around with Arnie won"t be too bad."

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Terminator 5 and 6
Search: