[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer on the NYP short list for the Charlie's Angels reboot
Summer on the NYP short list for the Charlie's Angels reboot
chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 27 Mar 2012, 17:40 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
It's amazing the number of times Summer Glau is on the short list of fans or online editors when a tv show/movie is looking for a good looking young women in an upcoming project, especially if this project involves ass kicking or sci-fi (talk about being typecast).

Back in October 2010, the New York Post website told their readers who they would like to play the Charlie's Angels in the highly anticipated (at the time) ABC's reboot by JJ Abrams.

Summer Glau made the list, as well as Alessandra Torresani (Caprica), Katie Cassidy (Gossip Girl), Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Esposito (Blue Bloods), and Lucy Liu (who plmayed one of the angels in the movies.

Quote (NYP PopWrap)
Summer Glau: Has been kicking ass and taking names since day one. But this "Firefly," "Sarah Connor Chronicles" and "Dollhouse" vet doesn't just bring a way with weapons to the table, she also has an uncanny ability to convey vulnerability through the fisticuffs. A mandatory hire.

Of course, Summer Glau is so talented, driven, and engaged that she would have breathed vivacious life into her character, like what happened in The Cape.
That said, I'm glad she wasn't hired in Charlie's Angels failed reboot, not even Summer could have saved it.

For more examples of Summer's weight on the pop culture, read the dedicated thread.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

RNBMDate: Tuesday, 27 Mar 2012, 18:15 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
Now that’s the type of non-sci-fi role I would like to see Summer play smile After her kick-ass capabilities were demonstrated in Serenity and TSCC along with her sex appeal, I don’t see a better choice.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 27 Mar 2012, 18:28 | Message # 3
Group: Administrators
Quote (RNBM)
Now that’s the type of non-sci-fi role I would like to see Summer play smile After her kick-ass capabilities were demonstrated in Serenity and TSCC along with her sex appeal, I don’t see a better choice.

My thoughts (and a few others) exactly!

Fortunately, Summer will have the opportunity to showcase her talent in upcoming "Scent of the Missing" on TNT.

Also you might want to answer the poll : How do you feel about Summer Glau branching out into non sci-fi genre?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 27 Mar 2012, 18:50 | Message # 4
Group: Writer
I had the misfortune of watching a trailer and actually seeing some of one episode for the Charlies Angels Reboot.
I cannot express how pleased I am that Summer Glau was never part of that series. The program was terrible.
I watched the original series when a kid. The reboot was so bad it made The Cape look brilliant.

Summer Glau is a talented actress and is only one person. It takes a full team of dedicated people with vision for the program to make it work.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

RNBMDate: Tuesday, 27 Mar 2012, 18:51 | Message # 5
I support her expanding outside the sci-fi genre because the sci-fi field is limiting, but I see her in action based movies that would not only demonstrate here acting talents but also her physical abilities. I don’t see why she couldn’t play in any role that Angela Jolie has played (only better).

RNBMDate: Tuesday, 27 Mar 2012, 18:54 | Message # 6
Yes, I was thinking of the originl Charlie's Angels when I made the comment.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer on the NYP short list for the Charlie's Angels reboot
Page 1 of 11
Search: