menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Is Owen having an affair with nurse Emily ? Take the Poll!
Is Owen having an affair with nurse Emily ? Take the Poll!
Is Owen having an affair with nurse Emily?
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 01 Mar 2012, 20:16 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
To be honest, most Summer Glau fans have been fooled by Grey's Anatomy episode guest starring Summer Glau and very few thought Summer would come back as nurse Emily in next episode.

Yet logic would have command that you don"t cast an actress like Summer Glau just for a silent role and a few scenes on the background, but we're not very rational sometimes when it comes to Summer, hence our disapointment at the end the episode.

Shonda Rhimes refused deliberately to give us informations about Summer's coming back or the reality of the alledged affair between Owen and nurse Emily; now that we learned that Summer Glau is coming back, the only valuabe question is : Is Owen cheating on Cristina?

Give us your opinion by voting and leave a message if you feel like.

8x16 If Only You Were Lonely 720p HD

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 00:35

BlaziusDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 00:47 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
Maybe I'm biased towards Summer( sorry, can't help it) and also towards GA but I think Christina is imagining things. Maybe GA doesn't have a very complicated plot but the cheating thing would be too obvious even here IMO. However making us suspect cheating then fooling us that its not cheating while our first opinion was correct is too complicated so I don't think thats the case.

Also if its not cheating then the storyline could have that very substantial and meaningful conclusion that "We can be very jealous of our partners but thats not a good thing because we'd just hurt our LI unnecessarily cry cry cry cry This'd also correspond with the title.

Emily and Christina will be great friends in the end BTW if you didn't know tongue

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 12:30 | Message # 3
I would say that everything is in Cristina's head, just like the guy in love with his barrista who thought she felt the same for him; one has to aknowledge that the patients's story echoes the doctor's story (that's how tv writings works).

But that was before the new promo video for the episode : Grey's Anatomy - Episode 8.17 - One Step Too Far - Video Promo

The1RussterDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 15:29 | Message # 4
Group: Writer
I typically don't care about shows like this, but seeing as how my favorite actress is involved, I'll stick my oar in and offer my opinion.

Christina is wrong about Emily, but right about Owen. Owen is having an affair, but not with Emily. Emily was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and got caught up in Christina's speculations and suspicions about Owen. Whether right or wrong, will depend on March 15th. As far as Grey's go, I don't give a crap about drivel like that. I just want to see Summer Glau on my TV screen again!

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 15:30

AlexDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 16:41 | Message # 5
Group: Bloggers
There are two possibilities but neither of them involve Summer having an affair with Owen: He is having an affair but it does not involve Summer; he is not having an affair but he is just worn out by the shenanigans of Cristina and the other surgeon whose husband died. Just speculating but who says the possible affair has to be with a woman? Maybe he is going to come out of the closet.

So I think that this will be a two episode run for Summer. But maybe she will be back. Hope springs eternal. If there is an affair, and if the upcoming exams (the boards they keep referring too) result in some doctors leaving to go to other hospitals, we may see some characters leaving. I am really speculating but maybe they want to re-introduce Summer in the capacity of the supportive, nurturing character who has an on again, off again relationship with Owen or perhaps she becomes a principal character.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 16:53 | Message # 6
I'm like Russ, i don't really care about the cheating, only about Summer; it happens Summer' story arc is about Owen/Cristina relationship, that's all.
More, it allows me to create a new poll inside the forum biggrin

As you Alex and Russ guessed, Summer may not be involved on the cheating. An inside source says Owen has been seen in a bar at night with a young woman (it remains to be confirmed but her description does not fit Summer Glau), which means the cheating might be real but not necessarily with nurse Emily.

That said, i doubt GA's writers will focus that much on nurse Emily, especially if she has not an affair with Owen; they want to emphasize the problems between Cristina and Owen (see their visit to a marriage conseillor you mentioned previously).

Shonda Rhimes words on twitter :
this (i.e. Cristina's fear that Owen is cheating on her) is gonna be PAINFUL and THEN there is gonna be growth.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 17:10

The1RussterDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 17:37 | Message # 7
Group: Writer
I think we can take our biggest clue from the episode title, "One Step Too Far." If that doesn't describe Chritina's situation as we've surmised above, then I don't know what else could.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 03 Mar 2012, 10:23 | Message # 8
I like how the newest promo video completely changed the story; the results of the poll are now more equally spread biggrin

AlexDate: Friday, 09 Mar 2012, 18:13 | Message # 9
Group: Bloggers
There is a new preview of Summer in GA where she speaks to Owen and Cristina. It is here: TV Overmind - Summer in GA sneak peek

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 09 Mar 2012, 18:25 | Message # 10
Quote (Alex)
There is a new preview of Summer in GA where she speaks to Owen and Cristina. It is here: TV Overmind - Summer in GA sneak peek

Thanks Alex!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Is Owen having an affair with nurse Emily ? Take the Poll!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: