[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Iconic TV Poster by Albert Exergian
Iconic TV Poster by Albert Exergian
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 01 Mar 2012, 12:35 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Albert Exergian, an austrian graphic-artist, has played with tv series by creating an entire collection of minimalistic posters; each poster is supposed to convey the essence of the tv show with a reductive style that playfully calls upon the viewers to make a visual connection.

Will you be able to guess the tv serie at first glance yourself? And can you explain the motives of the artist behind the minimalistis style and choice of geometric shapes.

Let's start with a familiar tv show and one of the most easy-to-guess poster imo wink

Side note : i'm very well aware a simple Google search will give you the name of the show for each poster but not the explanation behind the graphic.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 01 Mar 2012, 12:45

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 22:50 | Message # 2
The other posters can be found at : Print Process.

The one featuring a lollypop belongs to Kojac smile

But for many posters i can't figure out what lies behind the choices of the graphics.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 22:54

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 03 Mar 2012, 10:53 | Message # 3
Speaking about minimalistic design, here's a cool typo t-shirt featuring the name of the Firefly cast.

"Part of the Crew" made by Blayde for othertees

The1RussterDate: Saturday, 03 Mar 2012, 23:33 | Message # 4
Group: Writer
I thought the black smudge in the TSCC poster was part of the poster, not your attempt to hide the name of the show. You kept me guessing til I checked the link. Still, what is supposed to be two red eyes looks more like two red tongues sticking out of two mouths. It didn't look like much of a minimalistic representation of the show. I would think, based on the artists preference for large circles, he would have done a representation of a single mechanical red eye. The opening of TSCC zooms in on one red mechanical eye, as it superimposes the title, until you get one large red blur in the background. A representation of the eye before zooming in so tight would have been better in my humble opinion.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Saturday, 03 Mar 2012, 23:36

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Iconic TV Poster by Albert Exergian
Page 1 of 11
Search: