To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By Admirator

The official funny thread
By Admirator

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 3 of 3«123
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Tess Doerner, and other things 4400
Tess Doerner, and other things 4400
Date: Sunday, 2011 Jul 24, 12:51 GMT | Message # 31

Friends

Quote (Devo)
I love her retro style.

Summer's hair is absolutely gorgeous.

Don't burn me Cameron fans but I think that Tess is the most beautiful "incarnation" of Summer Glau so far. And those screencaps and gifs must be Tess' most beautiful moments, thanks Devo for posting them! BTW I would suggest continuing the Tess related topic in the Tess thread and moving the Tess related posts to that thread too. Its a bit offtopic here. I would like to continue but not here.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Sunday, 2011 Jul 24, 12:51 GMT | Message # 32

Friends

Quote (Blazius)
Quote (Devo)I love her retro style. Summer's hair is absolutely gorgeous. Don't burn me Cameron fans but I think that Tess is the most beautiful "incarnation" of Summer Glau so far. And those screencaps and gifs must be Tess' most beautiful moments, thanks Devo for posting them! BTW I would suggest continuing the Tess related topic in the Tess thread and moving the Tess related posts to that thread too. Its a bit offtopic here. I would like to continue but not here.

I'll continue here until Fermi moves us, it would probably be easier to keep the timeline and to keep quoting. smile

Tess smiles a lot, she is probably one of the happiest of all of Summer's characters. Cameron was gorgeous and had an awesome sense of style, but she didn't smile often.

One thing I noticed about Summer is she looks great smiling or pouting. A lot of people look better either smiling or pouting. It's all subjective but I like to see Summer's characters having fun, Summer can really turn on the charm and force even the most grumpy person to smile. Then again I like to see Summer's fierce and and defiant, yet emotionally draining performances like her tragic portrayal of Alison. Strong characters have an attractiveness all their own.

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE! LOL tongue

Date: Sunday, 2011 Jul 24, 12:51 GMT | Message # 33

Friends

Quote (Devo)
I'll continue here until Fermi moves us, it would probably be easier to keep the timeline and to keep quoting.

Okay, our posts are still here but whatever, I will continue here too then.

Quote (Devo)
Tess smiles a lot, she is probably one of the happiest of all of Summer's characters. Cameron was gorgeous and had an awesome sense of style, but she didn't smile often.

Thats my only problem with Cameron too. Summers smile is so beautiful and cute but she is never able to show it as Cameron because she is a Terminator, and they don't smile very often.

On the contary Tess smiles a lot and seems to be happy which is very relieving to watch more so because Tess is a rather sympathetic character. In fact I think she is a very nice person but her sickness sometimes undermines her kind persona and makes her more mischievous and of course its a little tragic.

Also she isn't a bigger than life character who wants to conquer the world or save it. Her only goal is to be happy like everyone else. She also seems to need somebody who cares for her, somebody who she can firmly trust and thats why she follows Kevin and does immoral things (sometimes against her beliefs) because he is the only person who loves her and she needs it. She also seeks to lead a normal life but unlike the other 4400 its not her ability which is an obstacle but rather her sickness. Her ability is more a blessing for her than curse. She seems to like her ability and it makes her more confident.

I like the dualism in her character. She is a rather fragile and vulnerable person however she is one of the most powerful 4400 and is a protector(like Cameron) of Kevin and Jordan at the same time . This dualism is one of the best qualities of a Summer character which I rarely see played by other actors.

And most importantly I still love her retro style! love

Date: Thursday, 2011 Jul 28, 18:00 GMT | Message # 34

Site Admin

Quote (Devo)
I'll continue here until Fermi moves us

OK done

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Thursday, 2011 Jul 28, 18:12 GMT | Message # 35

Friends

Quote (Fermi)
Quote (Devo)I'll continue here until Fermi moves us OK done

Thanks Fermi!

Didn't mean to derail the other thread, but if a picture of Summer is worth a thousand words, a .gif has to be worth at least a million. biggrin

Date: Thursday, 2011 Jul 28, 19:52 GMT | Message # 36

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
Thats my only problem with Cameron too. Summers smile is so beautiful and cute but she is never able to show it as Cameron because she is a Terminator, and they don't smile very often.

I discovered Summer Glau with Cameron in TSCC and she doesn't smile a lot indeed. In the others tv shows or movie i saw she doesn't smile a lot either so that i'm use not to see her laugh. I don't miss that much seing her laugh, like in Allison from Palmdale for example. I take it as a a privilege that happens once in a while, an exception. As long as her acting is convincing, i don't bother that much she doesn't smile.

When i accidentally stumbled on that episode where Tess smiles i was a little surprised indeed. There is such a contrast between the characters she plays and the photos we have when she's not on screen. Maybe i compensate not seing her smile on screen by seing smile on photos or interviews.

The fact that she doesn't often smile, as her roles requires it, is why i see sometimes on the internet people saying that they don't like her acting and that she has a blank face : i can't blame them for that but at the same time i can't help myself fom thinking they have no understanding on acting performance. Then the fan that lies in me think that it's not possible that someone is hermetic to Summer's charm on screen and that the people who say that have not really seen her on screen.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Friday, 2011 Jul 29, 05:10 GMT | Message # 37

Friends

Do somebody know about a good Tess based fanfiction? I would like to know what happens to her after Summer and therefore Tess left the show for example or

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 07, 22:42 GMT | Message # 38

Friends

Quote (Blazius)
Do somebody know about a good Tess based fanfiction? I would like to know what happens to her after Summer and therefore Tess left the show for example or
something about Bobby (if he was real of course).

So would I, So would I(Like to know if there was any good Tess fanfics)

and in the pic where Tess stands with the ice cream soda or what ever it might be, the mischiveousness is practically radiating from her.

I love to see Summer smile, pout or pretty much anything else - yeah i am caught, Summers powers what ever they are, has a strong hold on me :-)

Message edited by KrelleK - Monday, 2011 Nov 07, 22:46

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 07, 23:46 GMT | Message # 39

Friends

Quote (KrelleK)
So would I, So would I(Like to know if there was any good Tess fanfics)

and in the pic where Tess stands with the ice cream soda or what ever it might be, the mischiveousness is practically radiating from her.

I love to see Summer smile, pout or pretty much anything else - yeah i am caught, Summers powers what ever they are, has a strong hold on me :-)

Thats right! Tess fell off the radar pretty quickly after TSCC and anything but I think she is a pretty awesome character who had a lot of potential.

I loved her retro style clothes for example, her mischievous nature( Summer is super cute playing it) and that a Summer character finally had a little fun and smiled so much while also having a happy relationship. She made the atmosphere happier for me too.

On the top of that her ability was still badass and she was also badass playing it. A fine example that a super feminine character can be badass too.

I'm sad that I couldn't find any continuation to her story.

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 11, 21:42 GMT | Message # 40

Friends

Quote (Blazius)
I loved her retro style clothes for example, her mischievous nature( Summer is super cute playing it) and that a Summer character finally had a little fun and smiled so much while also having a happy relationship. She made the atmosphere happier for me too.

On the top of that her ability was still badass and she was also badass playing it. A fine example that a super feminine character can be badass too.

I'm sad that I couldn't find any continuation to her story.

I think she was supposed to have dissapeared in 1955 so the thing with her clothes could be because of this

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 11, 23:27 GMT | Message # 41

Friends

Quote (KrelleK)
I think she was supposed to have dissapeared in 1955 so the thing with her clothes could be because of this

Yes, and thats why she loves old disco music too. I think it gave a very interesting flavor to the character and I'd like to see more of it if even only for fanfics.

Date: Monday, 2015 Sep 28, 20:39 GMT | Message # 42

Site Admin

Fans and actors alike have started an online campaign to bring back the show.

Fans and the cast of the cult classic sci-fi series 'The 4400' have joined forces to bring it back! The Emmy nominated show ended in 2007 on a season 4 cliffhanger, as it was caught in the cross-hairs of the Writers Guild Strike. In a climate where beloved shows of the past are returning (The X-Files, Twin Peaks) the fans want a proper ending to 'The 4400' and are petitioning Netflix to revive it as a semi-original series.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Tuesday, 2015 Sep 29, 01:46 GMT | Message # 43

Friends

# 42 Absolutely fell in love with the 4400, such a phenomenal show probably ended far too soon.
I'd say bring it on make it happen let's get a season 5 in the starting blocks Netflix!
A revival would be welcome for such a great show without really a proper ending after season 4.

Date: Tuesday, 2015 Dec 22, 05:10 GMT | Message # 44

Friends

Tess Doerner (Summer Glau) and Isabelle Tyler (Megalyn Echikunwoke) appeared together on The 4400 in all but one episode which was Summer's first appearance in Wake-Up Call (5 June 2005). 

The other episodes they starred alongside each other I'm not to sure whether Tess and Isabelle crossed swords with each other? I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Date: Saturday, 2017 Jul 01, 03:24 GMT | Message # 45

Friends

The 4400 Another Show That Is Sadly Missed

Who'd have thought it's approaching 10 years anniversary since the show last aired on September 16th 2007. 
Who could forget these lyrics  smile 

We'll find our place in time
A place in time beyond the sun
We'll find our place in time
A place in time to call our own 

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Tess Doerner, and other things 4400
Page 3 of 3«123
Search: