To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 3123»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Tess Doerner, and other things 4400
Tess Doerner, and other things 4400
Date: Wednesday, 2010 Nov 24, 19:21 GMT | Message # 1

Friends

a little something to start with, is there a happy ending for Tess Doerner in the arc where she is in too, in 4400

might have heard she gets cured from her schizophrenia or what ever it was she was suffering

Date: Thursday, 2011 Mar 17, 00:15 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

Tess Doerner rules and the 4400 is awesome.

I Am A Leaf On The Wind, Watch How I Soar

Date: Thursday, 2011 Mar 17, 01:48 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Quote (NinjaWolf50)
Tess Doerner rules and the 4400 is awesome.

I have only seen the first season live at the time. Maybe i should watch the rest of the serie.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2011 Mar 17, 03:18 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

I've never watched 4400. I may check it out someday.

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

Date: Monday, 2011 Jul 11, 10:27 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

I did not fully understant Yesterday's episode on the viewers club; do the agents believe Tess is just crazy because of the HP Lovecraft book quote or do they believe she has a message to deliver?

Date: Monday, 2011 Jul 11, 14:35 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

Since i'm a bit ahead on the season i can tell you. They are starting to undestand the 4400 are send to the actual time, from future mans, to save the earth. So yes, they belive Tess have some mission [indeed she is one of the busyest character with more mission to complete XD].
So they will start to help each of the 4400 in some way.

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Date: Monday, 2011 Jul 11, 15:13 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Thanks.
I asked that because the nerd and Tom/Dian's boss seems to think that Tess is a fraud.

Date: Monday, 2011 Jul 11, 18:01 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

I don't get why nobody believed that she may have told the truth. After all she single-handedly mind-controlled the entire hospital. A few massages and plans in her head isn't any more bizzare than that.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Jul 12, 16:06 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

Yes indeed Blazius, you're right.
And Tess is so far, the only to remember where they were all that time...

Beside, Tess is Summer. Tess single-handedly mind-controlled the entire hospital.
Summer single-handedly heart-control all our feelings XD

They must be very carefull to handle with her ehhehe

Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Jul 12, 16:28 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

Quote (TheSavior)
And Tess is so far, the only to remember where they were all that time...

That's the point they contested; the nerd guy said what she said about the place she were, was in fact quotes from a book from H.P. Lovecraft if i understood correctly.
But the influnece she's had under the hospital members cannot be erased.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Jul 12, 16:42 GMT | Message # 11

Friends

This is, i guess, a little Cameo to Lovecraft.
Some speculated all his works were true "Clarovayance effect". They stated the worl H.P.L. wrote on his books, was something far, far away in a real galaxy and he somehow "seen" all that and wrote in his books.
So that could be a Cameo if we speculate that this is true and that somehow that far away galaxy is in the future and that Tess was there XD

Cameron

Me

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Jul 12, 23:53 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

Galaxy far away? Maybe Tess founded the Jedi order! wizard

BTW I start to like the Tess character very much. She is a bit like River but she seems a bit more mischievous. I also like a few of her lines very much in Summers fantastic delivery. My favorites are the "The people who took me, stupid!"(the words aren't that special but the delivery and the context made it hilarious IMO) and the "They are so much smarter than you it isn't even funny" parts (I even wanted to create a homage in my signature as you can see).
So all in all I'm grateful that the viewers club introduced me to another great Summer character.

Date: Monday, 2011 Jul 18, 18:11 GMT | Message # 13

Friends

The biggest surprise to me in yesterdays viewers club was that Tess was released from the hospital. It was a bit sudden considering her condition. It occured to me that she may have used her powers to break free. However her condition was greatly improved indeed compared to the first episode. She seems pretty normal to me now, and instead of the River-ish mad screaming scenes she became quiet, and methodical, and she is able to intelligently and subtly utilize her powers instead of bluntly mind-control everybody. She is even able to lead a happy relationship with Kevin!

So can somebody give me a possibly in-universe explanation on how this works?
(if it will be revealed later then don't answer!)

Message edited by Blazius - Monday, 2011 Jul 18, 18:13

Date: Monday, 2011 Jul 18, 18:28 GMT | Message # 14

Site Admin

Having seen only 4400 season one, this is also a something i wonder about.

Date: Monday, 2011 Jul 18, 20:20 GMT | Message # 15

Friends

They didnt explain it so far and i'm at season 4, have just 4 episodes left to the end. So we could speculate as we please XD
But let say this...she "is" skizofrenich and that kind of ilness rarely is "forever" she go mad, she calm down, then go mad again, then calm down and so on...and since she cant get cured by normal medicine, they give to her some medicine. she must take her "drug" everyday and Kevin is in some way her personal doctor. very cute cuple ^^

Cameron

Me

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Tess Doerner, and other things 4400
Page 1 of 3123»
Search: