menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Crystal and other things the Unit
Crystal and other things the Unit
KrelleKDate: Thursday, 22 Dec 2011, 06:33 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
for any discusion regarding Summers slightly immature-/badgirl role and other things about the Unit

AlexDate: Monday, 16 Jan 2012, 18:51 | Message # 2
Group: Bloggers
I thought she was good in this series. She certainly stepped outside of the River persona and that should put to rest any criticisms that she can only play damaged, psychotic characters who only live in the Fantasy/SciFi realms.

The Unit isn't something that I really liked to be honest but that has nothing to do with Summer. As to Summer's performance, she completely inhabited the character. She convinced me that she was a girl looking for a husband, a meal ticket, and that she was essentially poor, disadvantaged, and desperate. I know that in some interviews for Firefly she said that River's raw energy was easy for her to relate to as she was very close in age to River. I imagine too that Summer was able to draw upon other aspects of herself or perhaps people she knew to understand Crystal (crystal clear?) and to make her portrayal compelling and believable.

I must admit that I thought she was going to be killed off in the last episode. I didn't want that to happen but I think that it was almost a let down really as it would have been a tragic and dramatic ending to this character.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

KrelleKDate: Sunday, 22 Apr 2012, 17:16 | Message # 3
I once looked for fanfics on Fanfiction.net for The Unit-fanfics, where Crystal was in it too, either being going on between her first and last appearance on that show, but also if any one had written one where she returns perhaps to do good by the soldier she left so coldly.

was not lucky, but tried and ask if one of the fanfic-writters would try and make one where crystal returns, not lucky here either, but the writter said she had alway kinda thought that Crystal might return with a bun in the oven, or a bun that had just got taken out of the oven biggrin and this one being the child of the other soldier biggrin

FrankDate: Sunday, 25 Aug 2013, 23:14 | Message # 4
Surprised by such a small number of posts in the topic. "The Unit" is a really good show with famous actors, one of which is notorious Robert Patrick. Besides in the episodes were filmed several TSCC actors. Of course, I fell in love with the soundtrack, written by Robert Duncan. Crystal also did not disappoint. If I understood correctly, Summer Glau enjoyed being a bad girl.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Crystal and other things the Unit
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: