menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Submit questions for an interview with Susannah Charleson
Submit questions for an interview with Susannah Charleson
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011 - 17:16
Group: Administrators
As you know, Summer Glau is currently filming in Louisiana the pilot of a TNT drama titled "Scent of the Missing"; the pilot is based on the book by Susannah Charleson and describe the authors adventures with her golden retriever named Puzzle as members of a Texas-based canine search and rescue team.

Susannah Charleson has accepted to give the Summer Glau Wiki an exclusive interview; this is the opportunity to talk about the authors work, her implication on the show and Summer's role.

All the questions must be approved by Fermi of course.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011, 22:20

Alex Post # 2 | Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011 - 21:51
Group: Bloggers
Hi Chris. I hope you enjoy the interview. Susannah Charleson seems very down to earth and quite friendly. I am not on Twitter (yet) but i did send Susannah Charleson a note and part of her reply was as follows (if you want the whole note, I will be glad to forward it):

The pilot for the TV series begins shooting in about two-and-a-half weeks. Summer Glau is playing a character created for the series, but I can say the character certainly has got a great deal in common with a lot of women in SAR that I know. She's an interesting figure with a complex background. I look forward to meeting Ms. Glau and watching her bring that character to life. And yes, you're right! Tricia Helfer is playing Susannah. She (and Ms. Glau) will undoubtedly look a lot classier climbing out of a dumpster than most of us do. :D

If I may suggest, it might be interesting to find out more about her comment that the character played by Summer had a great deal in common with a lot of women in SAR. Did the author help to write this character? Did she collaborate with the show's writers?

Another question that comes to mind is what direction a successful show will take? Will it have longer threads such as in Terminator or will it be a complete standalone episode each week - one search at a time?

Alex

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011 - 22:19
Fermi and i have already prepared a few questions but other members input are requested; keep the note for yourself though, it's between you and Susannah Charleson (unlike Tweets).

I like this one (help me improve the phrasing) : "You answered once to one of our member that "Sedona has got a great deal in common with a lot of women in SAR that I know." Could you develop that idea?

Susannah Charleson is not qualified to answer your latest questions (i won't tell you why because i don't want to spoil the interview); i think we should focus our questions on the shooting itself.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011 - 22:39
Also don't forget Susannah Charleson must be at the center of the interview; we don't want to sound impolite by asking questions only about Summer smile

What about this one :
Are the characters and her dog already a working pair on the pilot or do we see the training to become an SAR dog as in your book?

As a shipper i have one question, but i'm afraid it won't be kept :
Can you tell (confirm) us if Jake will be Allison love interest?

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011, 22:44

Alex Post # 5 | Thursday, 15 Dec 2011 - 05:05
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Fermi and i have already prepared a few questions but other members input are requested; keep the note for yourself though, it's between you and Susannah Charleson (unlike Tweets).

I like this one (help me improve the phrasing) : "You answered once to one of our member that "Sedona has got a great deal in common with a lot of women in SAR that I know." Could you develop that idea?

Susannah Charleson is not qualified to answer your latest questions (i won't tell you why because i don't want to spoil the interview); i think we should focus our questions on the shooting itself.

If I may suggest, perhaps the question could be phrased as follows: The character of Sedona was not in the book. Would you care to expand on who she is and what she can tell us about the women who are part of SAR?

My apologies; I wouldn't want to spoil the interview nor take the focus away from the show itself. Good luck with the interview!

Alex Post # 6 | Thursday, 15 Dec 2011 - 05:30
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Also don't forget Susannah Charleson must be at the center of the interview; we don't want to sound impolite by asking questions only about Summer smile

What about this one :
Are the characters and her dog already a working pair on the pilot or do we see the training to become an SAR dog as in your book?

As a shipper i have one question, but i'm afraid it won't be kept :
Can you tell (confirm) us if Jake will be Allison love interest?

Yes, of course, it is first and foremost Susannah Charleson's story. I have to watch out for that.

That is a good question. I seem to remember that one of Tricia Helfer's twitter photos showed the puppy that plays the young Puzzle. I like your wording. I wonder if Susannah Charleson was involved in picking the dog actors?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Thursday, 15 Dec 2011 - 10:55
Quote (Alex)
I like your wording.

Of course since it's yours wink

Quote (Alex)
I seem to remember that one of Tricia Helfer's twitter photos showed the puppy that plays the young Puzzle.

That's right, i forgot about this! But then is the training of young Rocket (yes, the producers decided to change names, see info :http://summer-glau.com/forum/20-310-10560-16-1323782075) showed through flashbacks?

Alex Post # 8 | Thursday, 15 Dec 2011 - 15:19
Of course since it's yours

wink Touché!

So in summary, how about these questions then?

1. Will there be a romance between Alli and Jake? If yes, will they come together because of their shared interests in SAR or will they be driven apart by the stresses of the search?

2. Are the characters and their dogs already fully certified working pairs in the pilot or do we get to see the training required to become an SAR dog as explained in your book?

3. The character of Sedona was not in the book. Would you care to expand on who she is and what she can tell us about the women who are part of SAR? Will we find out more about her history and her relationships? Will she struggle and if so, how will this affect the group of SAR teams?

I may have added a bit there. I hope this helps.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 9 | Thursday, 15 Dec 2011 - 15:57
Thanks again for your contributions Alex but the questions have already been sent to Susannah Charleson.

Your questions 2) and 3) have been selected (the old formulation though), because they were simply the best smile

The new formulation of question 3) and question 1) are interesting but i think it's a bit early to ask them and it would have been best to ask them to the showrunner, if one. Thanks for your efforts though.

I'm pretty sure question 1) will be the overarch story of the show, kinda like in Castle, in Bones or in The Mentalist ("will they, won't they").

We're waiting for Susannah Charleson to answer the question and return the document; we don't want to stress her by sending too much questions or urging her to answer quickly; it seems that the filming schedule of the next few days will be busy, so that i don't expect a quick answer.
Susannah Charleson has accepted the principle of the interview and that's the more important.

Quote (Twitter)
@chrisdvanne
chrisdvanne
@S_Charleson You know i "work" for the @summerglauwiki and you're teasing me :)) We should do the interview some day #scentofthemissing

@S_Charleson
Susannah Charleson
@chrisdvanne @summerglauwiki Sure thing, if I can be helpful about this project. #scentofthemissing

Alex Post # 10 | Friday, 16 Dec 2011 - 06:18
No worries - glad I could contribute so thank you. And thank you for the reputation points. I don't know how that works but I look forward to returning the favour!

riversfeet Post # 11 | Friday, 16 Dec 2011 - 10:52
Group: Friends
The only thing I can think of, is will Summer have any barefoot scenes. That just seems to be one of her "trademarks".

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Friday, 16 Dec 2011 - 11:33
Quote (riversfeet)
The only thing I can think of, is will Summer have any barefoot scenes. That just seems to be one of her "trademarks".

You're priceless riversfeet biggrin

One of my first post today will be dedicated to your favorite topic, you deserve it.

Back on topic : given that the pilot was shoot in the woods during winter, i doubt it will be the case; but who knows, maybe in future episodes...

chrisdvanne_ Post # 13 | Friday, 16 Dec 2011 - 11:38
Quote (Alex)
No worries - glad I could contribute so thank you. And thank you for the reputation points. I don't know how that works but I look forward to returning the favour!

I guess it's not that common that a fansite has the opportunity to get a written interview with from book author (that's not Susannah Charleson only role but i don't want to spoil the interview) of a tv show.

I'm glad you understood from the start that the Summer Glau Wiki is build partly by the members (including me) themselves (but since you were a lurker for month you knew it already); Fermi could have written the questions himself and then post the complete interview but that's not how it works here and the forum is a great opportunity to make your voice heard and contribute to the community; no need to be a smartass or to have an original point of view on everything though, posters are waiting for feedback from others and a simple "thank you" or "i agree" is always very appreciated.

Of course i think Fermi would be very happy if the Summer Glau Wiki had 2 000 visitors a day but it would be a News site among many others and not a Wiki anymore if the members were not participating. I know you deplore the lack of participation of registered members but one can hope that a lurker or a registered non-posting member will feel comfortable enough to actively participate one day. Fermi is trying to build a friendly community and posting is encouraged on the News page, on the Blog or on the Forum.

And now you understand how the reputation points works : it's made to encourage (i prefer that word to the word "reward") people who made a valuable contribution like the questions you submitted, a new thread, bring a news, new scans,..
(given the level of my contribution to the Wiki and my inflated ego, i usually say not to give me reputation points because i don't need to be "encouraged" that way; my goal is not to have the best score, it's that a maximum of members reach my own score)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Tuesday, 20 Dec 2011 - 14:59
The interview has been published :
Interview : Susannah Charleson talks about "Scent of the Missing" pilot

As you can see Alex, two of your questions have been used friends

Alex Post # 15 | Wednesday, 21 Dec 2011 - 15:38
Thanks Chris. I really appreciate your feedback.

I liked all the questions and her answers were very interesting. I am so grateful to be able to contribute. I am in awe of how much work that you, Fermi, and others put into this site. It is all good work.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Submit questions for an interview with Susannah Charleson
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: