menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Favorite Characters Starting with Letter...
Favorite Characters Starting with Letter...
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 26 Dec 2011, 21:54 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Uncle Bob:

Is that the name of a character?
Well given there is no rules but the ones we make and that you're an admin here, it's accepted.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Charley_DixonDate: Monday, 26 Dec 2011, 22:03 | Message # 17
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Is that the name of a character?

At least that's what John Connor said... Even being an admin I wouldn't doubt that he is telling the truth smile On a serious note we do not know any other name for that character. Only the model number.

P.S. Letter "C" seems to be the most anticipated one... smile

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 19:43 | Message # 18
And now probably the most awaited letter of the "Favorite Characters Starting with Letter...", letter "C".

Here are some suggestions : Castiel from Supernatural, Cordelia from Buffy/Angel, Chuck from Chuck, Chandler from Friends,...

As i said previously, i have deliberately chosen to ignore the "favorite character" approach in favor of "the discovery or re-discovery of old tv shows or movie that i grew up with" approach.

This time i have chosen Barney Collier from Impossible Mission Force (I.M.F.) played by Greg Morris.

TSCC cartoon

Greg Morris played efficient electronics expert Barney Collier from 1966-1973 and usually had to do the "dirty work" for the others team members in a time period where the computers where as big as a cabinet.
I liked the devices he created for the team and his quiet interpretation of Barney Collier; also the mission didn't always worked as planned and he had sometimes to improvise and was drawn into the action himself.

Quote Greg Morris
"Mission: Impossible" (1966) was seven of the most fun years of my career. If I had turned down the role, Bruce Geller was going to ask a blond, blue-eyed Scandinavian. The part had nothing to do with the fact that I was black.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 23:17 | Message # 19
Lots of characters from TSCC to choose from : Cameron, Chromartie, Charley, the Connors smile

FermiDate: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 01:34 | Message # 20
Chola the very quite girl that become more chatty at the end of season 2

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 01:39 | Message # 21
Quote Fermi
Chola the very quite girl that become more chatty at the end of season 2

Good catch!

If you looked closely at the new sketches i posted in the Cartoon continuation of TSCC project thread, you'll notice Eric and me are working on a comic strip based on that particular scene from TSCC smile

Cameron and Chola in TSCC

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 22:40 | Message # 22
Though i won't surprise anyone by saying that my favorite character of all time is Cameron Phillips in Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Cameron Phillips in TSCC

BlaziusDate: Friday, 30 Dec 2011, 02:47 | Message # 23
Group: Friends
All hails Cameron the most perfect robot character ever created for motion picture!!!!!!

ETSCC 2.08 'Mr. Ferguson Is Ill Today' episode still

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 22:05 | Message # 24
Now it is time to see the next letter : Favorite Characters Starting with Letter..."D".

Here are a few suggestions : Dean Winchester from Supernatural, Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries (in case there is 15 year old teenaged girl on the Wiki that i don't know off), Donald "Ducky" from NCIS (in case there is over 60 woman on the Wiki that i don't know off).

Everyone knows i'm a shipper, not only in TSCC, and it dates back to ABC's tv show "Moonlighting" (1985-1989)

The quirky cases of an ex model Maddie Hayes (played by Cybill Shepherd) and a wiseguy detective David Addison (played by Bruce Willis) who co-run a private detective agency.

The (often fake) murders cases were just excuses to show the sexual tension between Maddie and David. The comedy was was a gem : it was well written, with lots of wordplay (i'm sure i missed most of them since i watched it in French translation), had good supporting actors like Agnes DiPesto and David and Maddie had really good chemistry. Also there was an interesting feature : the set backstage was sometimes showed to the audience ( a remain from the two hour pilot) and David Addison somtimes winked directly at the audience itself. I loved that show and particularly David Addison, hence my choice here.

And for once i won't show you the theme or the trailer of the serie but a 100% ship video (anti-shipers are warned) :

kaoticDate: Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 22:55 | Message # 25
Favorite would have to be Cameron.

Edit: for 'D' It would be Derek.

Message edited by kaotic - Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 23:07

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 23:05 | Message # 26
Quote kaotic
Favorite would have to be Cameron.

well we've already reviewed the letter "C" smile
But your answer is not a surprise .

Today's review was letter "D" and as i said in the thread introduction, your choice of a character for a specific letter has not to be necessarilly in the Glauverse

FYI, there is one character played by summer Glau whose last name starts by letter "D".

FermiDate: Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 23:16 | Message # 27
Quote chrisdvanne
FYI, there is one character played by summer Glau whose lasrt name starts by letter "D".

Summer Glau as Tess Doerner in The 4400 4x12 Tiny Machines

Tess Doerner

FermiDate: Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 23:23 | Message # 28
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Today's review was letter "D"

The 4400

Charley Dixon played by Dean Winters

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 00:06 | Message # 29
Quote Fermi
Tess Doerner

I love Tess, she was a so adorable, lovely girl and Summer did a fantastic job with her. Albeit Tess was terribly underused, Summer showed incredible skills during her powerful and dramatic scenes or when she was mischievous. Also she had this cute cheery personality sometimes which Summer played in an extremely adorable way. Oh, and I died for her retro style smile

Summer as Tess:

Summer Glau as Tess Doerner in The 4400 2x01 Wake Up Call Part 1Summer Glau as Tess Doerner in The 4400 4x12 Tiny Machines

She loved parties:

Summer Glau as Tess Doerner in The 4400 4x09 Daddy's Little GirlSummer Glau as Tess Doerner in The 4400 4x09 Daddy's Little Girl

Summers dramatic performance in Daddys Little Girl is worth mentioning( we loved it in the Viewers Club)

Summer Glau as Tess Doerner in The 4400 4x09 Daddy's Little GirlSummer Glau as Tess Doerner in The 4400 4x09 Daddy's Little GirlSummer Glau as Tess Doerner in The 4400 4x09 Daddy's Little Girl

Last scene with Tess( sad )

Summer Glau as Tess Doerner in The 4400 4x12 Tiny Machines

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 00:52 | Message # 30
Aside from lovely Tess there are a lot of characters worth mentioning.

Derek Reese:

TSCC HQ promo

I loved this guy BTW( if Cameron wouldn't have been there he would be my favorite at least from the Connor side). He was tough yet he wasn't that tough which would have made his character unbelievable( most tough guys are overdone in shows and movies IMO), he is a balanced and enjoyable character. Their relationship with Cameron was interesting too especially when it seemed that Camerons knowledge and the fact that she is a machine not even mentioning their possible connection( maybe Derek was tortured by her or something like that) makes him strangely vulnerable around her. I think under his big mouth he was scared to death by Cameron( and I think she knew it).

Count Dooku( I decided that I won't mention every Darth from SW at "D" because there is quite a lot of them. I'll rather go by their second names or alteregos.)

Count Dooku

The Count of the planet Serenno and former Jedi master who left the Order as one of the Lost Twenty. He was always very elegant and refined due to his noble origins but this didn't stop him from becoming one of the best swordsmans of the Galaxy. After he left the Order he became a Sith Lord and the power of the Dark Side further augmented his abilities. He was the leader of the Confederacy of Independent systems( a Separatist alliance between worlds and Galactic corporations who wanted to leave the Republic) who waged a brutal war against the Republic and was quite good at it( the Republic suffered terrible losses during the war which was a draw at best). In reality though he was only another puppet in the hands of the Dark Lord of the Sith whose only agenda was to take control of the Republic and exterminate the Jedi. Dooku had numerous apprentices. Qui-gon as a Jedi, Asajj Ventress as a Sith along with General Grievous.

In the Clone Wars animated series( the 2008 one) Dooku is even more badass than he was in the movies ever despite he was quite powerful in the movies too.

Ambassador Delenn( Babylon 5):

Ambassador of the Mimbari race. She is part of the Religious caste of her species. She is passionate and strong yet she is always ready to show compassion towards those in need. She is a politician thought and has many secrets, she knows far more than she tells or would be suspected from a simple ambassador and has long past which she tries to hide at all costs. She is aware of the menacing doom which awaits for the galaxy and her people and often collaborates with the Vorlon ambassador Kosh in order to prepare to the threat the best way possible.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Favorite Characters Starting with Letter...
Search: