menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Favorite Characters Starting with Letter...
Favorite Characters Starting with Letter...
chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 18:49 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
How does it work?
This thread will be updated regularly with a new letter from the alphabet and you're invited to write down the name of your favorite character (not actor/actress) starting with the corresponding letter. You can pick up names from movies or tv shows, ARG,...

Summer Glau - Favorite Characters Alphabet

Side notes :
  • Writing first name or last name is indifferent.
  • The characters don't have to belong to the Glauverse.

I suggest we start with the letter A.

Here are a few suggestions : Alec (Dark Angel), Ando Masahashi (Heroes), Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Angel), Allison Cameron (House MD), Anna (V), Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FermiDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 19:20 | Message # 2
Adams (Alphas), Allison(Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles)

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 19:33 | Message # 3
Dr. Adam Bricker on "The Love Boat" played by Bernie Kopell.

Dr. Adam Bricker on

"Doc", as he was called aboard the "Pacific Princess" played the ladie's man, or so he thought smile He was funny (more than bartender Isaac Washington) and always seemed to be "out of place".

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 19:48 | Message # 4
Group: Friends
Abed from Community -

Socially strange would be an understatement, there is a reason he has been refereed to as "The Undiagnosable" . He may be one of the most genre savy and meta characters of all time, due to his fascination with pop culture.

It is hard thinking of characters on a basis of letters, that is not how they are categorized in my memory.

If last names count then the Adama family deserve mention -

They were the most consistently reasonable characters in BSG, but that is not really a ringing endorsement. Apollo kind of loses some rep for being the genius to come up with their colonization plan, but since everyone else goes along with it I guess every one in the fleet was stupid as hell. Bill Adama may have the strongest death glares ever witnessed on the screen, I can not think of many who could survive a glare down with him.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 20:09

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 20:10 | Message # 5
Quote (FordStaff)
It is hard thinking of characters on a basis of letters, that is not how they are categorized in my memory.

That's right, unfortunately an exhaustive list of tv/movie characters inwhich you could pick up names doesn't exist.

As usual, the threads i create are made for entertainment purpose only, i suggest you write a name you like that comes to your mind; and nothing prevent someone you update a post smile

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 20:16 | Message # 6

That's right, unfortunately an exhaustive list of tv/movie characters inwhich you could pick up names doesn't exist.

As usual, the threads i create are made for entertainment purpose only, i suggest you write a name you like that comes to your mind; and nothing prevent someone you update a post

Of course, I just do not want to leave out any good characters. My strategy is to just go down the roster of the shows and movies individually, looking for the letter.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 20:24 | Message # 7
Adria from Stargate Sg-1

Yes, Morena Baccarin was waaay "hotter" in Stargate than in Firefly smile

EDIT: Forgot the description.

Adria is the Orici, who is basically the "Jesus" of the Ori, all powerful and evil energy beings in the Stargate universe. They spread(aggressively of course) a religion called the "Origin". Every believer unconsciously feeds the Ori with their energy. When the Ori died out thanks to an ancient device Adria took all their power when she ascended and she became a "True god by any definition". Until the Sg-1 team came of course wink

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 20:34

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 20:44 | Message # 8
Quote (FordStaff)
I just do not want to leave out any good characters.

Thanks for your concerns but again, nobody will blame you if you forgot a name or add it later.

Quote (Blazius)
EDIT: Forgot the description.

As i say to FordStaff, this is made for fun, nothing is mandatory; i think this is more enjoyable for the the readers to have a picture and a few words (not many platforms allow that so easely on the net, why should we go without it). More, i think this is a good way to share something you like and maybe give our readers the urge to discover a show/movie.

FermiDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 22:11 | Message # 9
Alien

Description: In space, no one can hear you scream.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 19 Dec 2011, 20:24 | Message # 10
I have deliberately chosen to ignore the "favorite character" approach in favor of "the discovery or re-discovery of old tv shows or movie that i grew up with" approach. That means i watched them in French version and the names could be different from the US version.

My take for letter B will be B. A. Baracus (Barracuda in French version) on The A-Team, played by Mister T.

B. A. Baracus on The A-Team, played by Mister T

Hes is a very skilled with mechanics and often build special devices when the mission requires it; despite its brutal appearance he is a tough guy with a big heart.
He is also the breakout character of the series and has become a cult icon worldwide.

"Battlestar Glactica" inside joke at 0:44; indeed Dirk Benedict played Lt. Starbuck in the original serie.

Side note : i don't own the thread, every member is entitled to suggest the next letter after members have given their choice.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 20 Dec 2011, 11:15 | Message # 11
I give you a tip : a list of character's name played by Summer Glau can be found on the Wiki pages; it covers a lot of letters from the alphabet.

Summer Glau as Bennet Halverson in Dollhouse

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 20 Dec 2011, 12:55 | Message # 12
How is that I haven't check this thread just now?

So its time to mention the cutest, coolest and most beautiful little mad scientist I've ever seen!

The magnificent BENNETT HALVERSON

Bennett with her coffee

Summer Glau as Bennett Halverson in Dollhouse 2x05 The Public Eye

"How many sugars?"

Bennett with her antique closet

Bennett with more antique things

What I like about her is that she is very elegant and educated. Her educated mind is shown by the long philosophical speeches she holds to her assistant for example.

Her elegance is shown by her cute and elegant way as she snips her coffee and that she likes these beautiful antique things which decorates her office. I like these things in a woman.

Should. A condition contrary to fact, contrary to fact like a lie. Should....

smile

She is a bit mad but in a cute way IMO.

"My, my, my, how do you work?" She is very fond of technology (especially things made by Topher). And I'm very fond of her biggrin

Fine time for me!
-Bennett while being enthusiastic because she can wipe clean a persons brain thus destroying his personality, what not to love about her?

Bennett "plays" with her old friend Caroline.

Cute Bennett video with Topher shipping scenes.

What I also like about her is that she is a sadistic, vengeful mad scientist while she is also the cutest girl I've ever seen. Very fascinating mixture!

This Summer Glau fan site ( already advertised by chrisdvanne) also contains nice gifs about Bennetts cute moments.

http://summerglaufan.com/post/13462153379

Summer Glau Wiki, The Wiki of Awesomeness also has a page dedicated to Bennett:

http://summer-glau.com/index/bennett_halverson/0-110

Message edited by Blazius - Tuesday, 20 Dec 2011, 13:02

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 20 Dec 2011, 13:01 | Message # 13
Quote (Blazius)
So its time to mention the cutest, coolest and most beautiful little mad scientist I've ever seen!

The magnificent BENNETT HALVERSON

I knew it , hence the fanart i posted just before you biggrin

I hope we can discuss her during chat at the Viewers Club.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 20 Dec 2011, 13:07 | Message # 14
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I hope we can discuss her during chat at the Viewers Club.

Yeah, that'd be nice. She's my third favorite Summer character.

The saddest part is that she was the next we supposed to watch before the Club died sad

Her and Lindsey Forrest.

I hope something will happen and everybody will get to see at long last the awesomeness of Bennett Halverson cool

Charley_DixonDate: Monday, 26 Dec 2011, 21:49 | Message # 15
Uncle Bob:

Uncle Bob smiling

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Favorite Characters Starting with Letter...
Search: