menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Fermi Post # 91 | Friday, 29 Jul 2011 - 00:10
Group: Administrators
Here is another article from io9 about the movie http://io9.com/5825723....e-movie

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 92 | Friday, 29 Jul 2011 - 00:54
This article at Io9 don't give news informations, except maybe a more detailed description of the footage showed to the press last week.

In my point of view, the most interesting is not the article itself but the number or articles Io9 has dedicated to Knights of Badassdom in the last two weeks; more than any other site, even those dedicated to genre movies. There is no more new article about Knights of Badassdom for two days; the only new ones are in foreign countries (from a US point of view)
One of their previous articles sounded a bit exagerated (or i missed the irony maybe ) : Have Summer Glau and Peter Dinklage made the greatest movie ever?.

And of course a website that wanted to make me sound as a liar published another article today : SDCC: FLOOR REPORT: JOE LYNCH AND COMPANY LIFT THEIR FOAM SWORDS ALOFT FOR KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM

They then showed a second clip, which featured some Summer Glau awesomeness, which was met with thunderous applause and cheering.

Huzzah for Summer!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 93 | Friday, 29 Jul 2011 - 12:17
Quote (Blazius)
On a second thought maybe Summer could make the movie successful if they bothered to hire her.

Take Black Swan for example : Summer would have been 200% more credible than Natalie in the dancing part and also better in the emotional part and in the descent into crazyness imo (who does better crazyness than Summer Glau?); the only problem is that Summer Glau is not bankable as they say in Hollywood.

Fermi Post # 94 | Thursday, 04 Aug 2011 - 03:11
Mr. Beaks Crosses Swords With Joe Lynch And The KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM!

This article gives some good insight
A week before Comic Con, Lynch hung out with a group of genre reporters and discussed the independently produced picture. “To me, this is an adventure film,” said Lynch. “This is the true epitome of what I remember an adventure film being. Like ROMANCING THE STONE or THE GOONIES or EXCALIBUR, where you have thrills and chills and laughs and drama. Adventure films to me are the ultimate mash-up, because you can get away with doing big bloody battle scenes and scary wizard scenes and comedy scenes and real drama and real catharsis.”

To give us a sense of this tone, Lynch showed us an unfinished scene in which a terrified Joe (Kwanten), Gwen (Summer Glau) and Eric (Steve Zahn) have their first run-in with “The Succubeth” (Margarita Levieva) – or, basically, Kwanten’s one-time psycho, now-literally-demonic ex-girlfriend. After she survives being run-through and pinned to a tree with a sword (freeing herself by graphically sliding off the side not blocked by her spinal cord), Eric frantically sets about casting a random spell from his leather-bound book of sorcery (with which he is woefully unfamiliar). Whatever he blabbers, it works; the Succubeth flees, and Eric celebrates doing something right for a change.

But their victory is short-lived. Ronnie (Jimmi Simpson), a rival LARP-er, appears and explains to the gang precisely what they’re up against. The Battle of Evermore has suddenly become the very real front line against a demonic invasion. It’s up to these vacationing amateurs – with their fake weapons and seemingly innocuous incantations – to halt evil’s advance and, of course, save the world.

read the entire article http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50669

chrisdvanne_ Post # 95 | Thursday, 04 Aug 2011 - 18:25
Also the word about Knights of Badassdom has crossed the Atlantic; i have seen many french website made a article about it. Although they're not as accurate as the articles from this side of the Atlantic, i can see the same enthousiasm in the columnists or web users comments.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 96 | Friday, 05 Aug 2011 - 20:54
According to the mirror, Margarita Leviera (Succubeth in Knights of Badassdom) will be the next James Bond Girl.

The relatively unknown actress, 31, has caught the eye of producers, who want her to star opposite Daniel Craig in the forthcoming as-yet unnamed 007 movie.
Margarita has been asked about her availability for when filming on the 23rd James Bond begins in three months.

An insider said: “The perfect Bond girl is beautiful, ­confident but mysterious, and Margarita has all of those ­qualities.

The deal will need to be finalised sooner rather than later, because the schedule for production is supposed to get under way in around October this year.”

Source : Margarita Levieva eyed up as next Bond girl at The Mirror

Blazius Post # 97 | Saturday, 06 Aug 2011 - 21:12
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Take Black Swan for example : Summer would have been 200% more credible than Natalie in the dancing part and also better in the emotional part and in the descent into crazyness imo (who does better crazyness than Summer Glau?); the only problem is that Summer Glau is not bankable as they say in Hollywood.

BTW who decides if she is "bankable" or not? I mean I don't think that Portman would be more capable of attracting viewers than Summer. Its not her what made the prequel SW trilogies a hit for example! Her role was minimal in that film. The film was a hit because it had the SW label! On the contary she couldn't save the Your Highness as you mentioned. On the other hand almost everybody who is familiar with Summers work loves her . She is always praised by the reviewers, she is the most popular on the conventions and she is always used as promo material of a series.

Portman is only more famous or have more fans than Summer because she magically gets cast in well known, high-profile blockbusters! From what I see from here as a standard viewer I suspect that somebody wants to make a few actor like Portman a superstar artifically because he/she has good connections.

The problem is that I don't care for the well being of their ego! I want to have fun when I watch a movie and Summer can provide me and I think for a lot of people 200% more fun than the overrated "favorites".

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 98 | Saturday, 06 Aug 2011 - 21:25
Quote (Blazius)
BTW who decides if she is "bankable" or not?

http://boxofficemojo.com/

Your Highness (2011) :
Production Budget: $49.9 million
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $21,596,445
+ Foreign: $3,260,033
= Worldwide: $24,856,478
BIG FAIL

Black Swan (2010)
Production Budget: $13 million
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $106,954,678
+ Foreign: $221,967,764
= Worldwide: $328,922,442
HUGE FINANTIAL SUCCESS

Then you tale a look at the trend; if an actor has 2 fails in a raw, his bankability decrease.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 99 | Saturday, 06 Aug 2011 - 21:29
Serenity (2005)
Production Budget: $39 million
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $25,514,517 65.6%
+ Foreign: $13,354,947 34.4%
= Worldwide: $38,869,464
EVEN

Of course other elements are taken in account but basically the box-office determines the bankability of an actor.

Blazius Post # 100 | Saturday, 06 Aug 2011 - 21:42
Group: Friends
I know that Black Swan was a huge success and Portman got an oscar for it. But I don't know why? Because of Portmans top notch acting? Or the writing? Or the story? I don't think that Black Swan is something that has never done before or that special. I myself found it unwatchable , but thats just me because these kind of movies are utterly not my cup of tea.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 101 | Saturday, 06 Aug 2011 - 22:17
The message i was trying to give you is that creativity or acting performance are not the main criteria in Hollywood., this is money. Not that Black Swan or Natalie Portman lacked of them though.

Usually Hollywod prefers to make sequels or movies with a strong backup from successful books or tv shows rather than take a risk with original movies; SW that you mentioned is a good example. This summer was particularly full of sequels (Harry Potter, Pirates of the Carrabean, Fast & Furious, The Hangover,...).

Quote (Blazius)
I don't think that Black Swan is something that has never done before or that special.

The subject is not original : the rivalry among dancers (ballet or modern dance) and the master pushing a student to its limits is very commun. Why this one worked better than others i don't know, i have not all the answers.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 102 | Monday, 08 Aug 2011 - 07:22
Four-parted horror comedy 'Chillerama', of which one movie was filmed by Joe Lynch and screening took place during last San Diego Comic Con, will be released on Blu-ray on November 29, 2011 by Image Entertainment.

On the opposite Knights of Badassdom is expected to have a theater and not direct-to-DVD- release.

Source : The Digital Bits

chrisdvanne_ Post # 103 | Tuesday, 09 Aug 2011 - 10:35
Joe Lynch (without beard) and Adam Green

FEARnet, Cable channel, website and Video on Demand television service, has picked up a pilot from filmmakers Adam Green ans Joe Lynch (yes, our Joe Lynch), according to Deadline. Production of this six-episodes serie is scheduled later this year.

The horror sitcom, titled Holliston, stars Green and Lynch in a 30 minutes as aspiring filmmakers working at a local cable station; basically as themselves. The serie is described as " "Wayne's World meets Saw".

Quote (Adam Greene)
This is a show built on the memories and real-life experiences of our post-college days, wrapped in a shroud of wrongness, packed full of movie quotes and genre references, and topped off with plenty of jokes at the expense of our real-life friends and industry associates...No other network would have the guts to make this show; we’re pushing the boundaries of television. I mean, what other sitcom on television includes exploding heads and an imaginary alien friend who lives in the closet? We plan to really turn the traditional American sitcom on its head. It's the first horror sitcom. A hor-icom!

And for a better understanding of what Holliston could looks like, take a look at some short movies they make earlier that we embedded a few weeks ago on the wiki (warning NSFW) :

Sexy Nightmare Slayers (2011)
The Road To Frightfest (2008), directed by Joe Lynch and Adam Greene, who are also the actors on this short movie.
Saber (2009)

Source : FearNet Orders First Original TV Series at Deadline

chrisdvanne_ Post # 104 | Tuesday, 09 Aug 2011 - 10:59
Holliston is created, written, and directed by Green,while Green and Lynch be executive producers along with Cory Neal (Frozen).

Also Adam Green disagree with the description used by Deadline "Wayne's World meets Saw".
@Adam_Fn_Green Adam Green
FYI, no one knows where "Holliston is described as Wayne's World meets Saw" came from in that first article today. It's nothing like SAW.
It's more like Pete's Dragon meets Dune meets The Nanny.

Along with Green and Lynch, Holliston main cast should include Corri English (blond girl) and Laura Catalina Ortiz :

Fermi Post # 105 | Thursday, 22 Sep 2011 - 03:05

One of the highlights of Comic Con 2011, Knights of Badassdom Press Conference "The Tape Recorder". Danny Pudi, Pete Dinklage and Joe Lynch discover an ancient artifact, while Summer is talking about larping

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Search: