menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Fermi Post # 76 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 01:37
Group: Administrators
HD version

My favorite cap
KoB Trailer Screencaps

Just Awesome

You can't stop the signal!

Devo Post # 77 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 01:38
Group: Friends
Quote (Jason_Connor)
Quote (Devo)Quote (Jason_Connor) The trailer looks awesome Please tell me you saw it and it was the shiznit... The trailer is on facebook and youtube if you want to see it

I just watched it twice, it looks awesome. Anyone speaking ill of this movie after seeing the trailer is part of the No-Fun Committee. biggrin

Message edited by Devo - Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 01:39

Fermi Post # 78 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 01:50
I also watched it a couple of times too, I going to love this!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 79 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 01:56
Summer looks badass; and the movie looks very different from the classic horror movies where a group of young campers are trapped in the forrest.
I hope the audience at sdcc loved it as much as we do.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 80 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 15:36
Even though Knights of Badassdom is an adventure fantasy comedy, it's possible that not every character will survive. (remember Marty in The Cape?)

What's the point of adding spoiler marks, everyone will look anyway; be reassured this is minor spoiler.

Blazius Post # 81 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 20:39
The trailer looks very good.

My experience is that if a trailer looks good then two things can happen: the film will be phenomenal or it will be complete disaster, so at least it won't be mediocre. Its reception seems to be positive so we can be optimists but I say anything can happen.
In any case Summer is really badass in this trailer. Notice that before that scene which is on the screencap Summer seems to making a graceful River-ish sword spin and thats how she kills the guys. Its breathtaking just like her smile on the screencap.

Whether the movie will be good or bad Summer will provide us top notch acting just as always, its obvious even from the trailers.

BTW at 2:16 its that Summer?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 82 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 20:47
There is a lot of good points like the fact that Summer got to show some acting skills or the fact she doesn't paly a damsel in distres but a real badass, as described in the synopsis btw.
Summer told she got to laugh in the movie (which is somewhat rare given the role she got previously) but it has not been shown in the trailer.

02:16 : assshot but Lynch is excused because before that she had the most badass scene of the movie imo.

Blazius Post # 83 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 21:05
Okay then I will not choke him to death with my Force powers at the moment(I know, I will stop the SW jokes biggrin )

Yes that scene is perfect! And I also like the rocket launcher bit. Summer is the most badass person alive!

But I think the "horror" label on the movie is very misleading. I would rather consider this movie as a fantasy-comedy than a horror-comedy. Yes there are some ketchup in a few scenes, but I think that is well between the borders of a standard fantasy IMO.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 84 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 21:25
Quote (Blazius)
I know, I will stop the SW jokes biggrin )

Too bad! i had something for you on the KOB Trivia thread : http://summer-glau.com/forum/24-243-6398-16-1311535366

Fermi Post # 85 | Monday, 25 Jul 2011 - 02:14
Some info about Summers character.
Not a lot has been revealed about Summer Glau's character Gwen, but the panel revealed a few key details. Glau explained that Gwen is essentially midway between Joe and the serious LARPers. She's there with her hardcore LARPing cousin Gunther, and she alternately can either get really into the fantasy or be reserved or cool. Glau said she finally gets to play a character who smiles a lot and is basically normal, marking a pretty big departure from her usual roles.

http://io9.com/5824197....-larper

Fermi Post # 86 | Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011 - 03:10
Io9 article The Biggest Winners and Losers of Comic-Con
Knights of Badassdom was considered a big winner
Knights of Badassdom
For a movie that nobody had heard of a few weeks ago, this supernatural LARPing comedy sure made a big splash. Of course, it's hard to go wrong with a cast that includes Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage and Firefly's Summer Glau. But there's also the fact that the first trailer is actually super funny. And the panel was super funny, too. Both journalists and random con-goers wound up mentioning their brief exposure to this film as one of the biggest highlights of the four-day weekend.

http://io9.com/5824512/

chrisdvanne_ Post # 87 | Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011 - 08:30
Glad to hear that from Io9.com.
In this case i think we're biased when it comes to Summer's work, so that it's good to hear it from someone else.

Also nice to see that the picture chosen to illustrate Io9's article features Knights of Badassdom :

That said, Io9's columnist Charlie Jane Anders is a big fan of Summer Glau and she is a great support for Summer's work. I wish Summer had more relay of that kind among the online medias.

More, major Hollywood Studios have skipped Comic Con this year because they thought that the millions dollars they spent on advertising during Comic Con are not worth it; they have not enough return on investment. Some big movies like Green Lantern had a good buzz last year but it did not turn into ticket sales, hence their hesitation this year.

KOB producers IndieVest had to spend quite a few bucks in promotion for Comic Con. First of all they hired a public relation agency (ID PR) for the media planing and also they hired a well-known company (AV Squad) to create the trailer. Not to mention all the expenses tied to the presence at Comic Con of members from the cast and crew.

But if agree with Charlie Jane Anders, it was worth it in KOB's case : look at the buzz created by the pictures, then the panel in coveted Hall H, then the impact of a well made trailer. More, KOB had a good coverage on online media (genre blogs, entertainment site, general-interest site all together) before the Comic Con and an even bigger coverage after the convention (20 articles before con and more than 80 after as measured by google news). KOB was even in the "Fist Look" section of Entertainment Weekly, which rarely happens for an indie film. KOB was also mentioned in most (not all) mainstream online Entertainment site, visited daily by millions of internet users.

As a conclusion, Knights of Badassdom was clearly a winner of Comic Con 2011.

My biggest hope is that it will help the movie to have a full theater release. It is not clear yet if the movie has find a distributor. Indievest produces but also distributes its movies but i think they should find a partner in this case and leave the distibution part to a bigger company, if one is interested.
I hope we will hear from a deal in the coming weeks.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 88 | Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011 - 14:23
Another article at io9.com : The Best Clips and Trailers from This Year’s Comic-Con

Meredith Woerner — This year Comic-Con buried the fans under a mountain of new footage! Walking Dead, True Blood, Supernatural, Knights Of Badassdom — everyone released some amazing footage to the masses!

Knights Of Badassdom

Possibly the biggest surprised of the entire Con, could the Knights of Badassdom bring back the beloved hor-com?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 89 | Thursday, 28 Jul 2011 - 15:54
Knights of Badassdom can be compared to Your Highness (2011), another film dealing with swords and sorcery in a humerous tone.

Quote IMDb ()
Storyline

Throughout history, tales of chivalry have burnished the legends of brave, handsome knights who rescue fair damsels, slay dragons and conquer evil. But behind many a hero is a good-for-nothing younger brother trying just to stay out of the way of those dragons, evil and trouble in general. Danny McBride, James Franco and Natalie Portman team up for an epic comedy adventure set in a fantastical world-Your Highness. As two princes on a daring mission to save their land, they must rescue the heir apparent's fiancée before their kingdom is destroyed. Thadeous (Danny McBride) has spent his life watching his perfect older brother Fabious (James Franco) embark upon valiant journeys and win the hearts of his people. Tired of being passed over for adventure, adoration and the throne, he's settled for a life of wizard's weed, hard booze and easy maidens. But when Fabious' bride-to-be, Belladonna (Zooey Deschanel)...

It could have been Summer Glau instead of Natalie Portman (her again) in Your Highness.

Watch the trailer (but don't start to fantasise about Portman's bikini scene because word is she used a butt-double and photoshoping) :

Your Highness failed terribly at the box-office : the production budget was $50 millions but total lifetime grosses were only $25 millions ($22 millions domestic and $3 millions foreign)

Knights of Badassdom has a small budget compared to Your Highness. Of course i hope it will succeed at the box office if it gets a theater release.

Blazius Post # 90 | Thursday, 28 Jul 2011 - 17:04
Quote (michelangelo)
It could have been Summer Glau instead of Natalie Portman (her again) in Your Highness.

Quote (michelangelo)
Your Highness failed terribly at the box-office : the production budget was $50 millions but total lifetime grosses were only $25 millions ($22 millions domestic and $3 millions foreign)

And blame the box-office failure on Summer? No way. At least we can say now that even the Oscar winning super star can't sell everything. This happens when she is not backed up by flashy CGI and where she actually needs to show some acting skills!

On a second thought maybe Summer could make the movie successful if they bothered to hire her.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Search: