menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Blazius Post # 61 | Tuesday, 19 Jul 2011 - 23:11
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
And she talks about us

I'm glad that she knows that we are supporting her whatever she does and it motivates her to continue her marvelous work!

Quote (michelangelo)
She confirms KOB is an horror comedy; funny thing is that Joss seems to play the role of her manager by counseling her about her carreer.

While I have no problems with Joss, and I like his feminist worldview I don't like that Summer maintains so close ties to him. He doesn't seem to me the most successful guy in Hollywood after all so she should listen to his counsel carefully IMO.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 62 | Tuesday, 19 Jul 2011 - 23:17
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
He doesn't seem to me the most successful guy in Hollywood

I'll wait for The Avengers 's Box Offfice before answering. Release date 2012.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Blazius Post # 63 | Tuesday, 19 Jul 2011 - 23:20
BTW if they are so close together then why didn't she got a role in Avangers? It would be sufficiently high-profile for more exposure I think.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 64 | Thursday, 21 Jul 2011 - 12:30
Quote (michelangelo)
what bothers me a little is that Summer seems to be an addtition to KOB

Joe Lynch commenting Ew's article and the accompagnying pict :

Now, I dunno if you read EW or not but a placement in "FIRST LOOK" is no small potatoes here folks. For an indie film? Its frikkin' RARE. But luckily enough we have some amazing actors who have been on the public consciousness as of late (especially with TRUE BLOOD starting again and The Dinklage getting an Emmy nom) so the pic landing in this spot in the mag for their annual Comic-Con Preview issue was just another moment of serendipity for this crazy flick. The image spread online like a zombie virus and suddenly, the awareness for KOB was hitting it's stride and only fueled everyone's excitement for the week(s) to come.

I can only deplore the fact he doesn't mention Summer Glau; i have seen ALL websites and blogs mentioning EW's article and photos. In a vast majority of them, only Summer Glau and Peter Dinklage were mentioned while the focus was on Summer good looks. I'm not sure the article would have been so much buzz without Summer in the package.

Blazius Post # 65 | Friday, 22 Jul 2011 - 01:44
I'm pretty sure that it was mostly Summer who "sold" the pictures. For one Summer seems to be quite famous on the net considering that she doesn't have much presence there. Part of her fame still comes from River who "beats up everyone". I think the fact that Summer picked up a sword again fascinates the audience. Also I'm pretty sure that in these scifi-fantasy circles the good looking females are the first who everybody notices on the pictures(the audience is mostly male) and therefore if they don't like her then the picture won't spread like that. Lynch got it all wrong I think by not mentioning Summer.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 66 | Friday, 22 Jul 2011 - 05:51
I dont want to condamn Lynch too quickly but for me this is symptomatic of the way the male audience in general and some director see the women in horror movie : nothing more than male bait, preferably in revealing clothes.

I thought that strong female characters like Ellen Ripley (Alien), Buffy (Buffy : the Vampire Slayer) or Sarah Connor had helped changing this reductive vision that but i must be naive.

Blazius Post # 67 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 00:13
I thought that in the 21th century we can finally put debates like male-female equality to rest but I was even more naive than you. It just gets old for me. But Summer seems to be willing to fight the old fights and so am I. And she has the assets and the opportunity to influence things so she must go forward I say. I really believe if she could start a new trend then others would follow, she just needs a hit movie and we are at a good start.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 68 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 00:30
If you wanr to have an idea of how Joe Lynch and his friends see women in movies, take a look at the short slayer clip i embedded in the Comic Con thread while i'm posting another one right now.

Blazius Post # 69 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 01:07
Do you think that KOB will be the same as their other works and thus Summer is "endangered" by their immature approach to female characters?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 70 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 01:17
No, KOB is completely different from these short movies.

Blazius Post # 71 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 01:23
Quote (michelangelo)
No, KOB is completely different from these short movies.

I hope so, because if its not then I will go hunting! vinsent

(Not really but I would be seriously pissed off)

Message edited by Blazius - Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 01:42

Jason_Connor Post # 72 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 00:40
The trailer looks awesome biggrin

Devo Post # 73 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 00:47
Quote (Jason_Connor)
The trailer looks awesome

Please tell me you saw it and it was the shiznit... biggrin

Jason_Connor Post # 74 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 00:54
Quote (Devo)
Quote (Jason_Connor)
The trailer looks awesome

Please tell me you saw it and it was the shiznit...

The trailer is on facebook and youtube if you want to see it

chrisdvanne_ Post # 75 | Sunday, 24 Jul 2011 - 01:22
Indeed, the trailer looks good. As i said Lynch worked with AV SQUAD who is specialized in trailers making and this one looks like a trailer for a 'regular" movie, not an indie movie.
But the movie itself looks like a lot of fun, much less horror than i thought.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Search: