menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Knights of Badassdom Discussion
chrisdvanne_ Post # 46 | Monday, 11 Jul 2011 - 16:34
Group: Administrators
On its way to the top 10 biggrin

Knights of Badassdom

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 47 | Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 - 20:08
Down sad

Knights of Badassdom

chrisdvanne_ Post # 48 | Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 - 22:18
New pict from Knights of Badassdom and article in this week issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 15 Jul 2011, 00:09

chrisdvanne_ Post # 49 | Friday, 15 Jul 2011 - 00:08
More images from Knights of badassdom (not movie still) :

Director Joe Lynch and possibly Ryan Kwanten's armor on the table.

"Knights of Badassdom" spell book.

Inside "Knights of Badassdom" spell book.

Source : ShockTillYouDropNews

Blazius Post # 50 | Friday, 15 Jul 2011 - 02:39
Group: Friends
I love Summers warrior costume! And they finally gave her a sword again, I hope she gets to use it against those nasty demons!

BTW I've noticed one thing even on the silk dance pictures. Maybe its just the light but she appears to be more stronger and muscled to me than earlier. Is it possible that she recently visited the gym more frequently?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 51 | Friday, 15 Jul 2011 - 07:34
Quote (Blazius)
I love Summers warrior costume! And they finally gave her a sword again, I hope she gets to use it against those nasty demons!

Summer said in her interview at "Attack of the Show" that she had double swords because it looked good for her but apparently she got different weapons (at 04:58 of the video); at least she is a fighter and not the scream gueen as we feared.

Blazius Post # 52 | Friday, 15 Jul 2011 - 15:24
Btw I thought about Xena too when I saw the picture. Do you think that Summer would be willing to do a lesbian kiss if she was offered Xenas role?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 53 | Friday, 15 Jul 2011 - 15:55
Quote (Blazius)
Do you think that Summer would be willing to do a lesbian kiss if she was offered Xenas role?

TSCC - The Sarah Connor Chronicles Femslash Fanfictions - Sarah/Cameron fanfic

Story number 8 "Calliope - Inside Sarah - Cameron/Sarah" is my favourite tongue

Blazius Post # 54 | Saturday, 16 Jul 2011 - 04:06
Quote (michelangelo)
TSCC - The Sarah Connor Chronicles Femslash Fanfictions - Sarah/Cameron fanfic

Story number 8 "Calliope - Inside Sarah - Cameron/Sarah" is my favourite

Oh boy, these guys really know how to make things interesting! The second part of Calliope is even better because its more "Cameron-centric ".

I had to stop reading the third through because I try to avoid a nasty crush on Summer wacko

But we are getting a bit offtopic again, soooo...Knights of Badassdom! biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 55 | Saturday, 16 Jul 2011 - 07:21
New picts from EW's article :

Image Credit: Pete Moroz

Extracts from Ew's article :

You take one guy from True Blood (Ryan Kwanten), add a dose of what makes Game of Thrones f—ing awesome (Peter Dinklage), throw in the really hot, kick-ass girl from Firefly and its movie spin-off Serenity (Summer Glau), and you have the recipe for one geektastic cinematic souffle....

Glau co-stars as a fellow LARPer who is actually not bad with a sword. Lucky for the panicky guys, this damsel causes distress.

I try to avoid using words like "hot" when I describe Summer Glau’s physical appearance mostly because I think she deserves better then that stereotype. I prefer to think of Summer as a classic beauty. But the article is supposed to lure the interest of the readers so...

I'm not sure this is the movie who is going to reveal to the whole world Summer's extraodinary talent; what bothers me a little is that Summer seems to be an addtition to KOB when you read the synopsis for example. I'm afraid they thought about Summer's geek's attraction power more than about her talent as an actress when they hired her. But she is so talented and engaged in the characters she plays that she will breathe vivacious life into Gwen's character.

Anyway good job advertising Knights of Badassdom mister Lynch. KOB's panel is going to be a blast.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 16 Jul 2011, 08:42

Blazius Post # 56 | Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 - 03:37
Quote (michelangelo)
I'm not sure this is the movie who is going to reveal to the whole world Summer's extraodinary talent; what bothers me a little is that Summer seems to be an addtition to KOB when you read the synopsis for example. I'm afraid they thought about Summer's geek's attraction power more than about her talent as an actress when they hired her. But she is so talented and engaged in the characters she plays that she will breathe vivacious life into Gwen's character.

I feel "Orwell-smell" in the air too! Our only luck is that Summer is so incredibly good that she will make Gwen wipe the floor with the other characters even if she only gets a few irrelevant lines.

Lucky for the panicky guys, this damsel causes distress.

Interesting choice of words. So maybe the writer of the article expected Summer to play a damsel in distress?( I may be paranoid but still)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 57 | Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 - 07:23
Is Tom Hanks going to make a cameo and reprise its role on "Mazes and Monsters" (1982) ?

Quote (Youtube)
A clip from an early TV Movie starring a young Tom Hanks, in which his fascination with Role-Playing Games leads him down the toboggan ride to insanity.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 58 | Monday, 18 Jul 2011 - 20:48
I reckon that the synopsis of KOB shown at SDCC website is misleading; indeed there is no mention of Summer Glau :

In this humorous fantasy adventure from IndieVest Pictures, Joe (Ryan Kwanten) is a heavy metal rocker who's just gone through a painful breakup with his girlfriend, Beth (Margarita Levieva). His concerned roommates (Steve Zahn, Peter Dinklage) kidnap him to their LARP (Live Action Role Playing) gathering, where he enters a realm of fantasy escapism in which pretend knights, elves, and barbarians clash with foam weaponry on a mock battlefield. When Joe's "sorcerer" roommate (Zahn) inadvertently summons a deadly succubus that takes Beth's seductive form, bloody reality crashes down on their fantasy world. Once LARPers start to turn up dead, the make-believe wizards and warriors must become the real-life heroes they have been pretending to be in order to conquer the evil that has been unleashed.

But you can find find different versions of the synopsis and Gwen is described in details :

"After being dumped by his sexy girlfriend Beth, Joe (Kwanten) reluctantly decides to join Eric (Zahn) and his LARPing (Live Action Role Players) friends in the woods rather than stay behind and feel sorry for his newly single status. There he meets hot, ass-kicking, intimidating LARPer Gwen (Summer Glau) and finds himself plunged into a surreal adventure wilder than he ever imagined when a make-believe wizard casts an all-too-real spell from an ancient book. That spell releases an actual demon with a taste for human blood -- and souls -- that starts systematically decimating the players in this suddenly deadly "game." Will our guys become the heroes they have been pretending to be before time runs out?"

I hope everyone is reassured concerning Gwen's ass-kicking abilities; i hope Lynch made the best of it.

Blazius Post # 59 | Monday, 18 Jul 2011 - 22:00
Quote (michelangelo)
I hope everyone is reassured concerning Gwen's ass-kicking abilities; i hope Lynch made the best of it.

The description is promising, I hope there will be "River-ish" action with Gwen!

Quote (michelangelo)
I try to avoid using words like "hot" when I describe Summer Glau’s physical appearance mostly because I think she deserves better then that stereotype. I prefer to think of Summer as a classic beauty. But the article is supposed to lure the interest of the readers so...

You are right. "Hot" sounds terribly as an understatement when you describe Summer, but its understandable that they want attention.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 60 | Tuesday, 19 Jul 2011 - 18:16
Let me quote what Summer said about filming Knights of Badassdom in an interview she made in May 2011 for Los Angeles Times Hero Complex (one of the biggest genre blog in the web btw) :

Quote ( herocomplex.latimes.com)
NC: What do you have coming up? I understand “Knights of Badassdom” is coming out this year.

SG: Oh yeah, I shot that movie last summer, and it was such an incredible experience. It was my first comedic movie. I actually called Joss, and I told him about it, and I said, “Steve Zahn‘s in it,” and he said, “Do it.” We both love Steve Zahn. It was like summer camp. We shot it up in Spokane, Wash. I learned so much from those guys, you know, Jimmi Simpson, Ryan Kwanten was in it, Danny Pudi, Peter Dinklage, it was just an amazing experience. And I think that the fans that have been supporting me are really going to enjoy this movie. It’s really a love letter to LARPers, and we had a blast shooting it.

She confirms KOB is an horror comedy; funny thing is that Joss seems to play the role of her manager by counseling her about her carreer.

And she talks about us biggrin

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Search: