menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Knights of Badassdom Discussion
chrisdvanne_ Post # 31 | Friday, 08 Jul 2011 - 06:47
Group: Administrators
There is a second woman mentioned in the synopsis, namely Beth (Kwnaten's characters former girlfriend) ; i think she's a good candidate for screm queen and first death, preferably with lots of scream and ketchup biggrin

Will Summer's charater do some slaughter like in Serenity?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Devo Post # 32 | Friday, 08 Jul 2011 - 07:00
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
There is a second woman mentioned in the synopsis, namely Beth (Kwnaten's characters former girlfriend) ; i think she's a good candidate for screm queen and first death, preferably with lots of scream and ketchup Will Summer's charater do some slaughter like in Serenity?

It makes it sound as though the demon embodies Beth, so she may be the antagonist. Unless the demon changes form a lot.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Friday, 08 Jul 2011 - 07:54
Quote (Devo)
It makes it sound as though the demon embodies Beth, so she may be the antagonist.

You're right right as mentioned on the synopsis :
When Joe’s “sorcerer” roommate (Zahn) inadvertently summons a deadly succubus that takes Beth’s seductive form...

So tha leaves Summer as potential Scream Queen. We'll see...

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Friday, 08 Jul 2011 - 13:03
Summer Glau ready for the slaughter in a supposedly new "Knights of Badassdom" picture .

The buzz created yesterday by the annouce of "Knights of Badassdom" and cast showing at SDCC probably exceeded the expectations of KoB staff; the mention of Summer Glau's and Peter Dinklage's names seemed to capture the public's imagination as shown in articles and on twitter.

In this context, they felt the urge to show more of Summer Glau (given that picts of Dinklage were released in the past), hence this picture showing up today; we at the Summer Glau Wiki appreciate the attention but at the same we couldn't help pointing out that this image was release months ago.

We are glad to participate to the buzz by showing (again) this picture but we're sure that they could do better by showing something really new.

Attachments: 4092015.jpg(77.1 Kb)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 35 | Friday, 08 Jul 2011 - 19:06
For those like me who have a limited idea of what LARPing is, here is a LARP pict with real people :

The difference with Cospaly is that they're not only disguised, they also play a scenario; you see i'm getting better at this biggrin

Chances are that Knights of Badassdom will be realeased by the end of the year in a limited number of theaters (but who knows if the trailer is a big hit at Comic Con) and the DVD should follow quickly.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Friday, 08 Jul 2011 - 19:27
Seen on the net :
Also, she can kill you with her... sword.
Lol

Devo Post # 37 | Friday, 08 Jul 2011 - 19:51
Quote (michelangelo)
For those like me who have a limited idea of what LARPing is, here is a LARP pict with real people : The difference with Cospaly is that they're not only disguised, they also play a scenario; you see i'm getting better at this Chances are that Knights of Badassdom will be realeased by the end of the year in a limited number of theaters (but who knows if the trailer is a big hit at Comic Con) and the DVD should follow quickly.

SDCC could make this movie.

Especially with some of the big studio projects backing out.

If KoB scores big with the SDCC crowd it could see a major release. The die has been cast.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 38 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 07:54
Best hashtag ever : #SummerIsComing

Knights of Badassdom
@badassdom_movie Knights of Badassdom
www.facebook.com/knightsofbadassdom #SummerIsComing #SDCC #LARP #\m/

chrisdvanne_ Post # 39 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 19:42
San Diego Comic Con has published their schedule for Satureday, July 23; they say Knights of Badassdom will be released in Spring 2012.

Source : Comi-Con 2011 Program

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 09 Jul 2011, 19:44

Devo Post # 40 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 19:45
Quote (michelangelo)
San Diego Comic Con has published their schedule for Satureday, July 23; they say Knights of Badassdom will be released in Spring 2012.

Damn, that's almost another year... :'(

Last word was late 2011. I hope we get a theatrical release for having to wait so long.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 41 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 20:28
Quote (Devo)
Last word was late 2011. I hope we get a theatrical release for having to wait so long.

Something surprising is that KoB is in Hall H, who is usually dedicated to TV shows and blockbusters; maybe it's due to the lack of big studios coming this year. At least this is a great opportunity for KoB to have more exposure.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 42 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 23:28
With the recent hype and the fact that Knights of Badassdom is presented in Hall H, i have no doubt that the film will find a distributor for an upcoming theater release. And in the case it has already one as it seems, it could be a larger theatrical release as said Devo.
Let's hope that KoB will be wellcomed by the crowd.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 43 | Sunday, 10 Jul 2011 - 00:51
Here is a complete list of Movies ("Snow White and the Huntsmen" still in production) and TV shows scheduled on Saturday, so that you can have an idea of the great opportunity this is for an indie-small budget movie like KoB :

11:45-12:45 Twixt: Francis Ford COppola and Dan Deacon

1:00-2:00 Relativity Media: Immortals— Visionary director Tarsem Singh transports viewers in this epic tale of treachery, vengeance, and destiny in this stylish and visually spectacular 3D action adventure. The brutal and bloodthirsty King Hyperion and his murderous Heraklion (Mickey Rourke) rampage across Greece in search of the long lost Bow of Epirus. With the invincible Bow, the king will be able to overthrow the Gods of Olympus and become the undisputed master of his world. As village after village is obliterated, a stonemason named Theseus vows to avenge his mother, who was killed in one of Hyperion’s brutal raids. When Theseus meets the Sybelline Oracle Phaedra, her disturbing visions of the young man’s future convince her that he is the key to stopping the destruction. With her help, Theseus assembles a small band of followers and embraces his destiny in a final, desperate battle for the future of humanity. Stars Henry Cavill, Stephen Dorff, Freida Pinto, Luke Evans, Kellan Lutz will participate in this panel alongside producers Gianni Nunnari and Mark Canton. Hall H.

2:15-3:15 Knights of Badassdom— In this humorous fantasy adventure from IndieVest Pictures, Joe (Ryan Kwanten) is a heavy metal rocker who’s just gone through a painful breakup with his girlfriend, Beth (Margarita Levieva). His concerned roommates (Steve Zahn, Peter Dinklage) kidnap him to their LARP (Live Action Role Playing) gathering, where he enters a realm of fantasy escapism in which pretend knights, elves, and barbarians clash with foam weaponry on a mock battlefield. When Joe’s “sorcerer” roommate (Zahn) inadvertently summons a deadly succubus that takes Beth’s seductive form, bloody reality crashes down on their fantasy world. Once LARPers start to turn up dead, the make-believe wizards and warriors must become the real-life heroes they have been pretending to be in order to conquer the evil that has been unleashed. The panel will include a Comic-Con exclusive trailer and a discussion/Q&A with stars Ryan Kwanten (HBO’s True Blood, Red Hill), Peter Dinklage (HBO’s Game of Thrones, Station Agent), Steve Zahn, pending availability (HBO’sTremé, Saving Silverman), Summer Glau (Firefly, Serenity, The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Danny Pudi (NBC’s Community), Jimmi Simpson, pending availability (A&E’s Breakout Kings, Date Night), Margarita Levieva (The Lincoln Lawyer, Adventureland). and director Joe Lynch (Wrong Turn 2). Knights of Badassdom will be released in Spring 2012. Hall H

3:30-4:15 Universal Pictures: Snow White and the Huntsmen— Universal Pictures is bringing the stars and filmmakers of its epic action-adventure film based on the script Snow White and the Huntsman to Comic-Con. Scheduled to appear to discuss their roles in this breathtaking new vision of the legendary tale are Kristen Stewart(Twilight), Oscar winner Charlize Theron (Prometheus), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), andSam Claflin (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides). Director Rupert Sanders (Halo 3 campaign) and other filmmakers will also be on hand to reveal exclusive footage. Q&A session to follow. Hall H

Comic-Con 2011 TV Panels: Saturday Schedule

Chuck - 10:00–10:45am (Ballroom 20)
Cast: Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky, Sarah Lancaster, Adam Baldwin
Producers: Chris Fedak

Sanctuary – 11:00–12:00pm (Hilton Bayfront, Indigo Room)
Cast: Amanda Tapping, Robin Dunne

Being Human - 12:00–1:00pm (Hilton Bayfront, Indigo Room)
Cast: Sam Witwer, Meaghan Rath, Sam Huntington
Producers: Jeremy Carver, Anna Frick

The Vampire Diaries – 3:30–4:15pm (Ballroom 20)
Cast: Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola, Joseph Morgan
Producers: Kevin Williamson, Julie Plec

Fringe – 4:15–5:00pm (Ballroom 20)
Cast: Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole, John Noble
Producers: Jeff Pinkner, J.H. Wyman

Grimm - 4:15-5:15 (Room 6A)
Cast: David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee, Sasha Roiz
Producers: Jim Kouf, David Greenwalt

Alcatraz – 5:00-6:00pm (Ballroom 20)
Cast: Sarah Jones, Jorge Garcia
Producers: Elizabeth Sarnoff

The Secret Circle - 5:10-6:00pm (Room 6BCF)
Cast: Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin, Natasha Henstridge
Producers: Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller, Richard Hatem

Teen Wolf - 5:30-6:30pm (Room 24ABC)
Cast: TBA

Nikita - 6:00-6:45pm (Room 6BCF)
Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca
Producers: Craig Silverstein

Good Vibes - 6:30-7:30pm (Room 24ABC)

Person of Interest - 6:45-7:30pm (Room 6BCF)
Cast: Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson
Producers: Jonathan Nolan, Greg Plageman

MythBusters - 7:45-8:45pm (Location TBA)
Cast: Adam Savage, Jamie Hyneman, Tory Belleci, Grant Imahara, Kari Byron

American Dad – (Time/Location TBA)
Cast: Wendy Schaal, Scott Grimes, Rachael MacFarlane, Bradley Baker
Producers: Mike Barker, Matt Weitzman, Kara Vallow

Family Guy – (Time/Location TBA)
Cast: Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Adam West
Producers: Mark Hentemann, Steve Callaghan, Kara Vallow

Futurama – (Time/Location TBA)
Cast: Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche
Producers: Matt Groening, David X. Cohen

Kick Buttowski – Suburban Daredevil – (Time/Location TBA)
Producers: Sandro Corsaro
Sneak Peek (to follow): Tron: Uprising, Motorcity

Terra Nova - (Time/Location TBA)
Cast: Stephen Lang
Producers: Rene Echevarria, Brannon Braga, Jose Molina

The Simpsons – (Time/Location TBA)
Producers: Matt Groening, Al Jean, Rob Lazebnik, Matt Warburton, Mike Anderson, Tom Gammill

Once Upon A Time - (Time/Location/Cast TBA)

Power Rangers Samurai - (Time/Location/Cast TBA)

Source : http://www.movieweb.com/comic-c....chedule at movieweb.com

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 00:53

chrisdvanne_ Post # 44 | Sunday, 10 Jul 2011 - 12:35
Quote (michelangelo)
Let's hope that KoB will be wellcomed by the crowd.

There is a way to measure the expectations; if KOB trailer will fulfill these expectations is another story.

Yesterday i have given you objective reasons to be optimistic about KOB's future but today i will give you an argument to curb your enthousiasm.

Indeed there is an (imperfect) way to see which panels are popular at SDCC. The Comicgoers have the possibility to register which panels they wish to attend and make themselves a schedule. SDCC compile these datas, so that they can rank which are the most popular panels.

For the record, the most popular events all categories combined and for the four days, as indicated by the registered schedules, are :
#1 Game of Thrones Panel and Q&A session
#2 AMC's The Walking Dead
#3 The Big Bang Theory Screening and Q&A

KOB is not on the top 50 listed.

If we restrict the search to Saturday 23, KOB's panel right now is at #15 (out of 50), as shown below :
Most Popular Events on Saturday, July 23

Community
MythBusters
Chuck Screening and Q&A
Futurama
An Early Evening with Kevin Smith
Dark Horse: Joss Whedon
Fringe Screening and Q&A
Family Guy
Universal Pictures: Snow White and the Huntsmen
Alcatraz Pilot Screening and Q&A
Terra Nova
The Vampire Diaries Screening and Q&A
Grimm: World Premiere Pilot Screening and Q&A with Cast and Producers from the New Supernatural Series
The Guild Season 5: Convention Timez!
Knights of Badassdom

It's not bad for an indie movie that few people had heard about a few days ago but it's far from a hit; i doubt the recent buzz on KOB may impact significantly those numbers. More, there is no reason to think that Horror movie fans or Summer Glau fans are less numerous to fill the datas than other fandom.

SDCC Schedule

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 10 Jul 2011, 12:40

chrisdvanne_ Post # 45 | Monday, 11 Jul 2011 - 15:12
I know everybody thinks that a release date in Spring 2012 for Knights of badassdom means a lot of wait (not to mention the FHM photoshoot that was postponed to coincide with the relase, as said FHM columnist); at least we can hope she will guest star in an upcoming episode of ALPHAS on Syfy.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Search: