menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Fox012 Post # 301 | Wednesday, 12 Feb 2014 - 15:08
Group: Users
*Contains Spoilers*

I know it's a low-budget indie movie so I'm trying not to be that harsh with it...

but *IF* summer would not have played in this I would had thrown this flick out the windows after the first 20 minutes already The plot is dull and full of cliche okay it's supposed to be comedy so thats likely intended but that daemon chick and how she killed her victims was..odd and clishe ridden "oh hey look a sexy lady in a forest at night...let's forget everything and let her seduce me because this is the only time a geek like me will have that chance" well it was his very last chance anyway...

and why those paint ball bully's always showed up is beyond me as well the makers could have send a message here that says "bullying" is bad by giving the guys some sort of revenge but instead they just get killed by that transformed daemon... (Remark : Calling a handicapped person in a wheel chair "meals on wheels"  is not only a bad move it's also insulting!)

the last half of the movie felt to me like a bad horror movie with an empty budget so they had to improvise and sung the daemon to it's death :P

I don't like the movie after all the only enlightenment in this was Summer

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Wednesday, 12 Feb 2014, 15:15

chrisdvanne_ Post # 302 | Thursday, 13 Feb 2014 - 16:56
Group: Administrators
Lucky fans holding the Knights of Badassdom poster that they received as a gift at the San Francisco screening of the movie on February 7, 2014.

fans holding the Knights of Badassdom posterfans holding the Knights of Badassdom poster

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 303 | Friday, 14 Feb 2014 - 09:40
A Lannister always pays his debts.

A Lannister always pays his debts.

PurpleHayes Post # 304 | Saturday, 15 Feb 2014 - 09:18
Group: Friends
I wish it took itself more seriously! More fantasy elements for an epic quest! more tension and suspense for scenes with Beth - more scare less silly, more gruesome deaths like true horror. More epic battle scene, a monster that really is scary and horrible.

I liked the film generally but it introduced lot of ideas not really combined much before which I found quite original but saw much more potential in were they not so constrained by budget and running time.
I liked how metal the film is between fantasy and horror genres and soundtrack, I liked how the story tied back to joe singing his song, but the song could have been better.

I want them to remake this film more like lord of the rings+gore+horror+suspense+tension+gags. Imagine this film as a 2 or even 2 1/2 hour epic quest with a few gags, genuinely fearsome monsters, big battle scenes with more focus given to choreography, top notch sfx, maybe a few decapitations and disembowelments and with metal and larp themes throughout, now that would truly be badass.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 305 | Sunday, 16 Feb 2014 - 16:35
Seeing Summer Glau's character Gwen slay succubus Beth in Knights of Badassdom made the three-year wait worth it.

Summer Glau's character Gwen slay succubus Beth in Knights of Badassdom

The1Russter Post # 306 | Sunday, 16 Feb 2014 - 20:37
Group: Writer
I've waited almost 3 (or ist it 4) years to see this film and I can honestly say, it wasn't worth the wait.

The film is typical for its genre, slapstick horror fest, with just enough plot to bookend the film. The film added nothing new to the genre and was pretty much on the same level of films of this type from the mid-80's to early-90's, though I recall they had a bit more gore. The humorous bits seldom caused me to do more than smile, and only once did I laugh out loud.

The only true horror part - and thats due the acting and editing of the film - was the confrontation of the main characters with "Beth" at the public restrooms. Sadly, the film killed off some of the better actors right off the bat. The production staff obviously didn't understand that the extras get killed off first, only for one or more main characters to die heroically later, but I digress.

I wanted to quit 20 minutes into the film, but I've waited so long to see it because of Summer being in it, and the trailers and clips I saw from eons ago actually made the film look good. The middle portion of the film was better, but I almost gave up again when that giant latex rubber monster came toddling out into scene. It looked like something left over from a Power Rangers series, or something knocked up in the BBC Effects workshop for Doctor Who in the 1980's. It looked so damn silly I laughed at it, and the audience isn't suppose to laugh at the villain, especially in a horror film featuring demons as the main antagonists.

I could be missing something as a film of this type is aimed at more the teenager and twenty-something college student or drop-out, but frankly they'd have to up the gore and throw in some sex/nudity in the film to even score repeated viewings amongst that demo group.

Overall I'd give the actors a grade of B, the story a D. The actors did well with what they were given. It was the story that let them down. A larger budget might have helped, but we don't have a crystal ball to see if it would or not. If you love Summer Glau, watch it a second time if you must, but you're probably better off just watching the clips of her in this movie on the Internet. Its really not worth watching a second time.
sad

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Sunday, 16 Feb 2014, 20:51

Thierry Post # 307 | Tuesday, 18 Feb 2014 - 22:03
KOB review published in Wired, as it is a famous magazine....

KOB in Wired

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 308 | Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 - 00:34
bullz-eye.com has published three exclusive photos featuring Summer Glau as hot, ass-kicking LARPer Gwen in horror comedy Knights of Badassdom.

Summer Glau in Knights of Badassdom

Watch more photos of Summer Glau as Gwen in the Blog section.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 309 | Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 - 01:42
Exclusive Knights of Badassdom Clip Arrives for Thou Pleasure

chrisdvanne_ Post # 310 | Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 - 20:51
Live Podcast Q and A following the TUGG screening of "Knights of Badassdom." run by Spokane Comicon is online!

With the Spokane area cast and crew in attendance, we host a live Q and A featuring Executive Producer Rich Cowan. Event hosted by Spokane Comicon creator and local artist Nathan O'Brien.

You can listen to the podcast on iTunes.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 311 | Friday, 21 Feb 2014 - 11:10
Peter Dinklage shows off his potty mouth and fighting skills against an evil witch in Knights of Badassdom.

Peter Dinklage's character Hung: "Fuck you and the mustache you rode in on!". LOL

chrisdvanne_ Post # 312 | Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 - 23:33
Taste my steel, succubus!

Taste my steel, succubus!

robbo Post # 313 | Friday, 28 Feb 2014 - 01:09
# 313  Together we bargain! divided we beg! so eat this bitch! Go get em Summer! biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 314 | Saturday, 08 Mar 2014 - 02:06
Knights of Badassdom will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on on April 1, 2014.

Knights of Badassdom will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on on April 1, 2014

chrisdvanne_ Post # 315 | Monday, 10 Mar 2014 - 01:09
This happened at a Knights of Badassdom screening!

Amanda Applebaum met Brett Gipson, who plays Gunther, and Ryan Kwanten, who plays Joe.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Search: