menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Fermi Post # 16 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 08:27
Group: Administrators
Awesome the article and all the buzz got their facebook page to reach 3000 like.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 17 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 08:32
Quote (Fermi)
Awesome the article and all the buzz got their facebook page to reach 3000 like.

Great news! I'm glad we were part of it by being the first to report Ryan Kwanten's article; after that article was released, badassdom-movie was "forced" to annouce the coming of KoB to SDCC. Or it was part of a scheduled marketing plan, who knows.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 18 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 08:53
Summer Glau is hitting mainstream News; after yesterday's annouce, the buzz is growing.

The Hollywood Reporter, reference in everything's Entertainment, made an article also :

Comic-Con 2011: 'True Blood,' 'Game of Thrones,' 'Firefly' Actors Set for 'Knights of Badassdom' Panel at THR.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 19 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 19:43
I like days when Summer is trending like that on twitter (with the help of Peter Dinklage and a few others, but still).

Fermi Post # 20 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 20:45
wow 4000 likes on their facebook page already.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 21 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 20:56
I'm a little surprised; i don't remember seeing a negative comment about that annouce or about the movie itself.
Everyone seems excited by this film and its attending at Comic Con; i did not know LARPing was so popular.
Or it's Summer Glau associated with Peter Dincklage, who has a lot of positive buzz due to his role in Game of Thrones.

To my knowledge, this is an indie film, not Transformers 5.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 22 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 21:08
Io9.com article : Have Summer Glau and Peter Dinklage made the greatest movie ever?

Meredith Woerner —Have Summer Glau and Peter Dinklage made the greatest movie ever? Move over Spider-Man — this movie is guaranteed to make fandom explode. Behold The Knights of Badassdom starring Summer Glau, Peter Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten, and Danny Pudi. This is going to be amazing.

Have Summer Glau and Peter Dinklage made the greatest movie ever? While there still isn't a trailer for this gem of a film (directed by Joe Lynch), it was announced today that Kwanten, The Dink, Glau and Pudi would all be on hand at San Diego Comic Con (Saturday July 23rd) to release their trailer to the masses.

I know io9.com traditionally supports everything related to Summer Glau and i like their enthousiasm for KoB but don't you think they exagerated a little.
Michael Bay spent KoB's entire budget just for one scene of Transformers 3. Don't expect too much from KoB.

They created the buzz with their article today though.

Fermi Post # 23 | Thursday, 07 Jul 2011 - 00:46
Here is an article from mysanantonio that also mention KoB
If I had to choose between watching Glau fight the good fight via laptop and WordPress or kick some unholy demonic ass in a LARP skirmish made real, I’ll go with kicking unholy demonic ass every time. It’s what makes me American

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/geekspe....au-news

TheSavior Post # 24 | Thursday, 07 Jul 2011 - 03:12
Group: Friends
LARPing is very famous and have a lot of fans...i'm a Larper Master, just to say it XD

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 25 | Thursday, 07 Jul 2011 - 14:10
There is little we know about Summer's role; one can wonder if she will play the "scream queen" on this film. I hope Joe Lynch had better plans when he hired Summer for the film.

Side note :
This term "scream queen" refers to the attractive young damsels-in-distress that you have in every horror film; sometimes she dies and sometimes she's saved by the hero at the end of the film but basically what she does is screaming and having ketchup on her.
Joss Whedon broke the cliche during the very first scene of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 1997 by inverting the situation. The supposed scream queen , played by Julie Benz (No Ordinary Family), turned out to be a vampire and attacked the youg man, played by Eric Balfour (Legend of Hells Gate).

chrisdvanne_ Post # 26 | Thursday, 07 Jul 2011 - 19:47
@badassdom_movie thanks Io9.com for their article "Have Summer Glau and Peter Dinklage made the greatest movie ever?"

Knights of Badassdom
@badassdom_movie Knights of Badassdom
Verily, these generous words from @io9 do humble us to our very core: http://on.io9.com/pjimQk #badassdom

The buzz on internet is not fading.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 27 | Thursday, 07 Jul 2011 - 22:35
They've seen the buzz around Summer Glau and Peter Dinklage, hence they bring back to the surface this old image.

Wonder what the new image will be.

Fermi Post # 28 | Friday, 08 Jul 2011 - 00:48
Quote (michelangelo)
There is little we know about Summer's role; one can wonder if she will play the "scream queen" on this film. I hope Joe Lynch had better plans when he hired Summer for the film.

synopsis "After being dumped by his sexy girlfriend Beth, Joe (Kwanten) reluctantly decides to join Eric (Zahn) and his LARPing (Live Action Role Players) friends in the woods rather than stay behind and feel sorry for his newly single status. There he meets hot, ass-kicking, intimidating LARPer Gwen (Glau), and finds himself plunged into a surreal adventure wilder than he ever imagined when a make-believe wizard casts an all-too-real spell from an ancient book. That spell releases an actual demon with a taste for human blood -- and souls -- that starts systematically decimating the players in this suddenly deadly "game." Will our guys become the heroes they have been pretending to be before time runs out?"

Also she holding a huge sword on the still

more buzz http://www.horror-movies.ca/2011....dassdom
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=19868

Fermi Post # 29 | Friday, 08 Jul 2011 - 01:10
Another synopsis
In this humorous fantasy adventure from IndieVest Pictures, Joe (Ryan Kwanten) is a heavy metal rocker who’s just gone through a painful breakup with his girlfriend, Beth (Margarita Levieva). His concerned roommates (Steve Zahn, Peter Dinklage) kidnap him to their LARP (Live Action Role Playing) gathering, where he enters a realm of fantasy escapism in which pretend knights, elves, and barbarians clash with foam weaponry on a mock battlefield.

When Joe’s “sorcerer” roommate (Zahn) inadvertently summons a deadly succubus that takes Beth’s seductive form, bloody reality crashes down upon their fantasy world. Once LARPers start to turn up dead, the make-believe wizards and warriors must become the real life heroes they have been pretending to be in order to conquer the evil that has been unleashed.

http://theflickcast.com/2011....ription

Devo Post # 30 | Friday, 08 Jul 2011 - 01:17
Group: Friends
I was looking forward to potential Summer Glau horror scream. It's pretty much a badge of honor in the horror genre to have a great scream. biggrin

From the description it sounds like maybe the guys will be doing most of the screaming though... while Gwen has to open that can of Whoop-ass on some pesky little demonic trolls. tongue

Who will survive?! XD

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Search: