menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Knights of Badassdom Discussion
chrisdvanne_ Post # 256 | Friday, 17 Jan 2014 - 18:30
Group: Administrators
CinemaBlend published an exclusive clip from Knights of Badassdom featuring Ryan Kwanten, Peter Dinklage and Steve Zahn, but not Summer Glau this time unfortunately.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 257 | Monday, 20 Jan 2014 - 14:13
Fan-organized screenings in the U.S. via Tugg begin tomorrow!

Knights of Badassdom Blu-ray Release Date April 1st, 2014

It will be great to see Summer Glau brandish a sword and chain mail skirt
the way the geek gods intended.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 258 | Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014 - 18:47
To tie in with the limited theater release of Knights of Badassdom starting today (via fan-requested Tugg screening), comingsoon.net published character cards for the highly-anticipated adventure comedy, which mimic the cards used in LARping. The four cards features Knights of Badassdom main characters Ryan Kwanten (as Joe), Steve Zahn (as Eric), Peter Dinklage (as Hung) and Summer Glau (as Gwen).

Here's Summer's card:

Knights of Badassdom Character Cards - Summer Glau

Watch the rest of the four cards in the News section: Knights of Badassdom Character Cards

chrisdvanne_ Post # 259 | Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014 - 18:54
Check out a new clip from Knights of Badassdom (no Summer Glau unfortunately).

chrisdvanne_ Post # 260 | Wednesday, 22 Jan 2014 - 00:02
Knights of Badassdom comes out in theaters today (via fan-requested Tugg screenings) before going to VOD and Digital on february 11th, followed by the DVD/Blu-ray release on April 1st, 2014. This is a good time to restore some truths and also to share with you my impressions on the launch campaign of the long-awaited adventure/comedy. And as a bonus, I describe a clip with Summer Glau that has not been made public and involves the woods, a sword and a succubus.

Read: My Review of Knights of Badassdom Launch Campaign

chrisdvanne_ Post # 261 | Wednesday, 22 Jan 2014 - 02:49
Let me add two controversial remarks

1) The abundance of repetitive and negative comments, on IMDB, on Knights of Badassdom Facebook page and everytime an article is published, requesting Joe Lynch's cut and calling for a boycott of this cut, written by horror fans looks very much like a gag order. I would not go as far as to claim that online bloggers have the same kind of practices but their - perfectly understandable - loyaulty to Joe Lynch lead me to believe they are prejudiced against the movie.

2) According to two online bloggers from specialized in horror websites whom I spoked to, the main actors are not promoting the movie because it's not the movie they signed up for and they have chosen to stand by Joe Lynch and not get involved in the PR (could that explain why Summer's name isn't on top of the movie poster?)
As a simple fan who likes the premise and cast of the movie, I could not care less.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 262 | Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 - 00:11
Now that the Tugg screenings of Knights of Badassdom in multiple cities throughout the U.S. have started, fans who were lucky enough to see our wannabee LARPers Ryan Kwanten, Steve Zahn, Peter Dinklage and Summer Glau on the big screen have shared online their impressions.

Read: Fan's reaction to the long-anticipated Knights of Badassdom.

and also Exclusive tidbits on Gwen in Knights of Badassdom

David Post # 263 | Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 - 15:20
Group: Friends
nice inverview

https://showyou.com/v....e?u=ign

Message edited by David - Thursday, 23 Jan 2014, 15:53

chrisdvanne_ Post # 264 | Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 - 15:55
Ref #264   Thanks for the heads up David.

Summer Glau talks Knights of Badassdom, her character Gwen, Larping and more in an exclusive featurette published by IGN. The two minutes long behind-the-scenes video includes never seen before footage with Gwen (Summer Glau) and her Larping friends played by Peter Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten, Steve Zahn, Danny Pudi and Jimmi Simpson. It will be great to see Summer Glau wielding that sword as Gwen. (plus her outfit is really cool). Enjoy this behind-the-scenes clip!

David Post # 265 | Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 - 16:53
Group: Friends
vid shows inside joke on hoverhand effect

chrisdvanne_ Post # 266 | Friday, 24 Jan 2014 - 13:00
Vlad Golovin is a dedicated fan and kindly send us his own review of Knights of Badassdom:

Knights of Badassdom Behind the Scenes with Summer Glau

I watched Knights of Badassdom last night with my friend and we loved it. In fact I will probably go and see it again tomorrow as there's more showtimes in the other theater starting Friday and who knows when I'll be able to buy it. Before I watched it I had some doubts because of things I read on the internet. I'd say it exceeded my expectations being a low budget film. It was very enjoyable to watch. Storyline was pretty good and although I would love to have Summer Glau get lot more of the screen time, I am glad there was actually a lot more of it than I expected to be. There were so many funny moments and characters were so likeable that the whole audience was cheering lot more than I ever heard in a theatre. I recorded a few clips from it, but don't think it's alright to upload it. Wish they released it on Netflix and Amazon too, because apparently not many theatres in the country playing this movie.

On the same topic, you can read:

Exclusive tidbits on Gwen in Knights of Badassdom

Knights of Badassdom Screening Impressions

chrisdvanne_ Post # 267 | Friday, 24 Jan 2014 - 14:32
Check out this Knights of Badassdom variant poster with Summer Glau's name on top. Huzzah!!

Knights of Badassdom variant poster with Summer Glau's name on top

Read more: Knights of Badassdom Variant Poster

chrisdvanne_ Post # 268 | Saturday, 25 Jan 2014 - 03:16
Behold! Knights of Badassdom is now playing in select theatres across the United States, beginning January 24th!

Read more in the News section.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 269 | Monday, 27 Jan 2014 - 23:16
From Vincent Ternida:

I travelled to Bellingham to catch Knights of Badassdom instead of seeing it on VOD or on home video because films are meant to be seen on the big screen, especially something as awesome and amazing as this. Peter Dinklage is god. And Summer Glau is just wow. Shoutout to Danny Pudi as well

chrisdvanne_ Post # 270 | Tuesday, 28 Jan 2014 - 13:06
Knights of Badassdom got off to a modest start at the box office in its opening day. Exhibitor Relations Co. (ERC), a source for movie-industry related data and especially box-office numbers, have tweeted the horror comedy's opening numbers (see below).

From my understanding, these box office numbers are not from the Tugg screenings, since the ticketing is managed by Tugg and not the theaters. They are more likely to come from the limited, non Tugg-related, theater release of Knights of Badassdom that started on January 24, 2014. The number of sites - 13 - mentioned in the Tweet matches the number of theaters playing the movie on the opening day, btw. It should be recalled that in most cases Knights of Badassdom was not screened all day but at specific hours.

The team behind Knights of Badassdom published a few days ago the following images, that adds up the number of fans who reserved a ticket for a Tugg screening, starting on January 21, 2014. Here too, the numbers are modest since a Tugg screening is scheduler for a specific day at a specific time.

Knights of Badassdom Tugg screening numbers

As I wrote in the the Review of Knights of Badassdom Launch Campaign, the producers don't want to spend money on the marketing/advertising and are simply trying to recoup some of the money which has been spent financing the movie. Most of the buzz generated after the Knights of Badassdom panel at Comic Con 2011 fell flat and the film has been released with little fanfare. If, and that's a big if, the main actors are not promoting the movie because it's not the movie they signed up for and they have chosen to stand by Joe Lynch and not get involved in the PR, as online bloggers from specialized in horror websites told me, I don't see how it could have been different.

These financial concerns should not stop simple fans like you and me from enjoying the movie whenever you got the chance to see it in theater, On Demand or on DVD/Blu-ray. Judging from fan's reactions we have collected, the fans were pleased by what they saw on the big screen. (read: Knights of Badassdom Screening Impressions).

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Discussion
Search: