menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Dollhouse Official Thread
Dollhouse Official Thread
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 21 Feb 2013, 15:55 | Message # 46
Group: Administrators
Joss Whedon on winning an unexpected Emmy, working with Jamie Bamber of "Battlestar Galactica" and writing for Summer Glau on "Dollhouse".

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 00:18 | Message # 47
The AV Club covers Dollhouse's "The Left Hand" in a feature that selects episodes that exemplify the unique properties of TV as a medium.

Read article: http://www.avclub.com/article....n,93682

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 26 Apr 2013, 11:49 | Message # 48
Bennett working her "Geek Chic" charms on Topher!

2x06 The Left Hand

robboDate: Sunday, 28 Apr 2013, 01:26 | Message # 49
Group: Friends
`geek chic` summer glau still looks amazing with a pair of glasses on, she really suits them actually looks quite cute, loved her in dollhouse she was great, mind you topher couldnt keep his eyes of bennett, he was absolutely besotted with her who wouldnt be, great chemistry between them, great pictures, smile

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 30 Apr 2013, 15:29 | Message # 50
Who else remember getting up from his seat and yelling: "Noooooooooooooooooo!"

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 30 Apr 2013, 15:48 | Message # 51
Group: Writer
I was in shock, still sitting in my chair, staring blankly at the TV as the closing credits rolled. I had to review my recording to understand what I saw.
I could not believe what I had seen, then I could not understand why Joss Whedon did this.

The event is so shocking, even watching the episode now it is still such a surprise to see it as there is no warning. Nothing in the entire episode leads you to think Bennett is about to be killed. Joss Whedon is the devil incarnate.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 10 May 2013, 07:55 | Message # 52
newkindofdauntless.blogspot published a "list of really attractive female fictional characters who are so much more than really attractive."

Summer Glau made the list for her role as Bennet Halverson in Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

As seen in the not very popular series Dollhouse(2004) by Joss Whedon, Halverson Bennett (played by Summer Glau) is the classic super genius of the series, and unfourtunetly, her being female is still pretty notable in our society's mindset (hooray slow progress). None the less she is the depiction of a stereotypical "computer nerd"; she speaks quickly with long words no one cares to understand, she's "socially awkward" and yes... she wears plaid- all at first glance.

This is all until her character is developed throughout the series;
[...]

Read the full comment on Bennett Halverson at: Really hot girls and why they're more than really hot

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 07 Jun 2013, 14:28 | Message # 53
Transcript of a conference call with Joss Whedon, Creater/Executive Producer/Writer/Director of Dollhouse on September 2009

Dollhouse Stills - Summer Glau and Eliza Dushku

Question: Can you talk about the casting of Summer Glau and also what’s in store for her character?
Joss Whedon: The casting of Summer was based on the knowledge that Summer existed and the character was created with the hopes that she would play it, which she is right on stage right now doing. She’s playing the programmer of another Dollhouse. It’s a somewhat eccentric part but hopefully different than what we’ve seen her do before. The most useful part of that is that the writers work twice as hard to make sure that the character really pops and pays off because they know that it’s going to be played by somebody extraordinary.

Read full transcript at Scifi Chick

TerminatorEmilyDate: Friday, 07 Jun 2013, 16:20 | Message # 54
OMG! When Bennett died I literally screamed "NOOO!!!!!" And then I just stood there, frozen. And I think I had a few tears.
"CURSE YOU JOSS FOR YOUR SUDDEN BUT INEVITABLE BETRAYAL!!!" *sniff*
Anywho,

I have gotten.... 3 of my friends addicted to dollhouse and my mom.
We have this dance that we do whenever the opening credits come on. Sometimes when we go to my place for lunch, we watch dollhouse, but we're too busy watching it that we forget to eat our lunch.

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

TerminatorEmilyDate: Friday, 07 Jun 2013, 16:24 | Message # 55
I'm working on a dollhouse fanfiction. Feel free to check out the first 2 chapters!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9328823/1/Did-I-fall-asleep

Summary: What if one day, Joss Whedon's show "Dollhouse" came to life? What if Summer was an active? Includes some Topher and Bennett moments. Or should I say Fran and Summer moments?Follow/FavoriteRated: Fiction T - English - Romance/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 2 - Words: 1,485 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 1 - Updated: 06-01-13 - Published: 05-26-13 - id: 9328823

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013, 01:18 | Message # 56
That Cranky Nerd Girl, by ~the-emmay

Bennett from Dollhouse. I love her to pieces. Drawing her all cartoony is one of my favorite things to do ever.

Bennett from Dollhouse - cartoon

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013, 13:57 | Message # 57
"It's Fun Being An Asshole!": An Interview with Fran Kranz on Joss Whedon
By Laura Berger for popmatters

Summer Glau and Fran Kranz in Dollhouse

Here's an excerpt from the interview:

Question: So you just described Topher as child-like, and I wanted to ask about the role that Bennett, (Summer Glau) plays [in his arc]. Did you see the introduction of this love interest as a means to humanize Topher, and also to make him more adult?

Fran Kranz: Yeah, it’s a good point. I don’t think that Topher makes any comment about a woman one way or another.

Yeah, he’s surrounded by all of these beautiful women. I think that there’s a kind of doctor’s surgical coldness to him that prevents him from being attracted the way that a regular [heterosexual]male would be in that situation.

Question: And it’s interesting because it seems like it’s really Bennett’s mind that he’s initially drawn to.

Fran Kranz: Well, also Summer Glau is gorgeous, so… [laughs]

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 30 Jun 2013, 17:36 | Message # 58

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 02 Jul 2013, 17:54 | Message # 59
Two pictures to keep in mind for Summer Glau's role on Dollhouse:

Rotwang from Fritz Lang’s Metropolis (1927)
Rotwang from Fritz Lang’s Metropolis

Dr. Strangelove ,in the 1964 black comedy film which satirizes the nuclear scare, directed, produced, and co-written by Stanley Kubrick.
Peter Sellers as Dr. Strangelove

FrankDate: Saturday, 03 Aug 2013, 11:24 | Message # 60
I love Bennett, sometimes she looks like a very sexy school teacher, sometimes just pretty, but it does not mean that I am a fan of the Dollhouse, because it is not so. I regret that in some battle scenes played Dushku, not Summer, I think that Summer would play not worse. The
second point is how ends the story of Bennet... It's unfair.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Dollhouse Official Thread
Search: