[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 6123456»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Dollhouse Official Thread
Dollhouse Official Thread
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 10:33 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
If one wants to post informations about Summer Glau's appearance in Dollhouse, this is the place.

Summer Glau and Fran Kranz in Dollhouse - Promo still
Summer Glau and Fran Kranz in Dollhouse - Promo still

Summer Glau Wiki pages :
  • Episode Guide
  • Bennett Halverson
  • Gallery

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube
  •  
    chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 12:54 | Message # 2
    Dollhouse-Programmer Bennett Halverson by Sasha

Summer Glau as Bennet Halverson in Dollhouse - action Figure
    Summer Glau as Bennet Halverson in Dollhouse - action Figure Summer Glau as Bennet Halverson in Dollhouse - action Figure

Sasha has customised over 1000 one-of-a-kind figures and busts for characters from movies, TV shows, and graphic novels.

Dollhouse

2.5 "The Public Eye"
    Bennett is the programmer at another Dollhouse unit
    Recipe - Thanks for the Parts!

Charmed Paige head (SOTA Toys)
    Deluxe Buffy figure (DST)
    One Anya arm and one Anyanka arm (DST)
    Hermione legs (NECA Toys)
    Computer, cabinet, and stand (DST)
    Sculpt - February 2010

Sculpted hair, hair-slide, necklace, cardigan, skirt, and shoulder-sling
    Custom cabinet and stand
    Photos

Front view
    Back view | Unpainted sculpt

Source : Sasha's Customs Action Figures

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 10:25 | Message # 3
    It's not that often that Summer's character in Dollhouse is featured somewhere on the net (see the lenght of this thread).

This is why i couldn't miss the opportunity to report this tumblr post; indeed it asks a very important question related to Bennet Halverson (see at the bottom of the picture):

Source : Cafe O'Donnell

And in order to help you with your reflection, here's a few pictures of Dollhouse's Bennet Halverson taken from the Summer Glau Wiki gallery.

Summer Glau as Bennet Halverson in DollhouseSummer Glau as Bennet Halverson in DollhouseSummer Glau as Bennet Halverson in Dollhouse

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 15:42 | Message # 4
    Group: Friends
    Quote (chrisdvanne)
    It's not that often that Summer's character in Dollhouse is featured somewhere on the net (see the lenght of this thread).

Its a pity but understandable. Its only a guest appearance in a show which already faced cancellation when she showed up in it. I think though if this would have been a full blown, regular role we would mention it in one sentence with Cameron and River.

Regarding the question, I don't think that pic resembles Bennett. Certainly they are supposed to be the same stereotype at a first glance but I think in the actual show Bennett came through as a whole different, far cuter version of that.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
    Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

The1RussterDate: Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 16:04 | Message # 5
    Group: Writer
    I'd have to watch the episodes again, but i do recall Bennett instantly became a favorite. Briliant woman, socially strong in her niche in the Dollhouse hierarchy, socially awkward outside her familiar environments. She was both strong and vulnerable. She brought forth feelings of pride for what she accomplished despite her injury, and sorrow for what she suffered mentally and physically. She felt betrayed by her only friend, and that pain in some ways pushed her to be better at her job. I'm thinking of watching S2 of Dollhouse again.

Great job Sash with that sculpture! It's amazing!

The picture does have a passing similarity to Bennett

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

BlaziusDate: Friday, 10 Feb 2012, 01:02 | Message # 6
    Quote (The1Russter)
    I'd have to watch the episodes again, but i do recall Bennett instantly became a favorite. Briliant woman, socially strong in her niche in the Dollhouse hierarchy, socially awkward outside her familiar environments. She was both strong and vulnerable. She brought forth feelings of pride for what she accomplished despite her injury, and sorrow for what she suffered mentally and physically. She felt betrayed by her only friend, and that pain in some ways pushed her to be better at her job. I'm thinking of watching S2 of Dollhouse again.

I think you summed up very nicely her important traits. I think these traits would make her a nice example of a successful, strong woman (except the socially awkward part of course), part of her charm definitely.

BTW I always wondered whats truly behind her bitterness . We know about her affairs with Caroline but I always felt that she was only the last thing Bennett clinged to and thats why her betrayal was so painful. But why is she so alone in the first place? Where is her family for example? Her parents?

Of course we don't know how literally she was alone but if she only tortures Caroline because her betrayal hurt her pride then she is more evil and selfish than I thought( which wouldn't be problem with me either of course smile ) .

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 15 Feb 2012, 01:13 | Message # 7
    Our friend Kali made for Valentine Day a post centered on the relation between Bennet Halverson and Topher

Daily Dose of Summer: Valentines Special: Dollhouse Topher and Bennett at Summer Glau Daily

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 15 Feb 2012, 01:56 | Message # 8
    Cheers for Kali! She couldn't have chosen a better pairing to illustrate Valentines day. Single best shipping in TVs history IMO!

Bennett Halverson forever smile !!!

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012, 16:49 | Message # 9
    "Dollhouse" creator Joss Whedon chats with Access' Laura Saltman about Jamie Bamber guest starring on "Dollhouse" and trying to get Summer Glau to come on the show (filmed during 2009 Comic Con).

He says some nice things about her.

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 08 Apr 2012, 01:59 | Message # 10
    Recently I started a full watchthrough of Dollhouse and I must say that though Summers episodes and Bennett were the most absolutely awesome parts of the show( OK I won't start again how much I like Bennett biggrin ) the overall show is pretty good even without her IMO.

Its action heavy, its a bit gritty and grotesque sometimes( in a good way), has very good and enjoyable characters, its premise is interesting and the episodes are well done overall.

I must give it to Whedon that he knows how to make a series.

I'm sorry that it got caught too with the Sci-fi apocalypse sad

Also its unlucky that it ran so close in time with TSCC because otherwise we may have seen far more Summer and Bennett in it.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, 02:30 | Message # 11
    The decision to cancel Sarah Connor seems particularly harsh when the struggling Dollhouse was handed another season to prove itself. “Dollhouse is a piece of shit,” fires off an uncompromising Dekker. “Joss Whedon was a really big fan of our show, that’s why he asked to have them paired together. He’s very close with [Sarah Connor creator] Josh Friedman and what Josh was telling me, and through Summer Glau who’d done Firefly with him, was that even Joss was not happy with Dollhouse. Basically, he said you try some ideas and sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t. And in his mind he considered Dollhouse a bit of a failure, artistically speaking.”

Somebody care to explain what is everybodys problem with Dollhouse aside from that it remained for a tiny bit longer on air than TSCC? I see that every people, on forum threads and such bashing it and saying it was crap. Why? For one I refuse to believe that TSCC would have remained on air for long even if Dollhouse were taken down. Just look at the tendency today. I doubt Stargate Universe, Terra Nova, the new BSG got cancelled because Dollhouse ate their money.

And I've seen far worse shows than Dollhouse TBH, OK it has its ups and downs, maybe its not that revolutionary as Whedon intended, IDK but bashing it constantly seems a bit harsh to me especially if it is as much incomplete as Firefly and TSCC due to cancellation. So is there a particular reason that everybody( not just TSCC fans) are bashing it or its just a cool trend?

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, 09:13 | Message # 12
    I only watched the pilot but didn't step in, mostly because i don't like Eliza Dushku, both physically and acting-wise, since i saw her in Buffy; so that i can't speak about the show itself.
    What i can say is that a lot of TSCC fans have a bias against DH, not because of the show itself, but because many, including me, blame DH for the cancellation of TSCC at the time; the fact that FOX's President Kevin Reilly kept repeating that "it wasn’t an either/or situation, but that the bet on “Dollhouse” was a bet on its producer Joss Whedon." only add to this (we know he's a professional liar).

Marcel93Date: Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, 09:18 | Message # 13
    I've never seen Dollhouse, there is this series in German?

http://www.fanfiction.net
    http://www.fanfiktion.de

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, 10:13 | Message # 14
    Since there is a lot of German visitors , i will reproduce the answer here :

Unfortunately, there is no German version of Dollhouse

Thanks to Christian Ueberhoff for the quick answer.

Marcel93Date: Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, 10:21 | Message # 15
    It's crap to live in Germany, the best series either shown only once or not at all

http://www.fanfiction.net
    http://www.fanfiktion.de

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Dollhouse Official Thread
    Page 1 of 6123456»
    Search: