menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 04 Feb 2016, 11:57 | Message # 1471
Group: Friends
# 1470 Only trouble is, the original 1971 film with Richard Attenborough was excellent. In my opinion there is not any need to reconstitute these facts.  I know if off by heart and don't want reminding.  No doubt the BBC licence payers fee and our tax will create a good 3-part series but to be honest, I don't think it's necessary.

Still, people are like banks and do not remember their history.  Midland bank, like many banks in the 80s lent countless billions to Mexico.  I for one knew they'd never pay the debt, yet despite that, in my job in London I saw the daily telex messages to Banca Nacional De Mexico for instance, informing them that their interest on the debt for the day was tens, if not thousands of pounds/dollars. Citibank & Bank of Montreal also lent countless millions to Mexico.
The debt was eventually written off, which caused the demise of Midland Bank in the UK, eventually being bought out by HSBC.
I'm digressing now but what banks and governments do with our money is horrifically frightening.

I hope the BBC series Rillington Place will not be modernised and ruined.

robboDate: Friday, 05 Feb 2016, 01:11 | Message # 1472
# 1472 Hiya Kevin, I must admit it's an intriguing watch. Attenborough was very good in this sinister role and for the time of it's release, it managed to show enough of the story to give a gruelling account of the case. Rillington Place is truly haunting.

As for the BBC it's a channel I don't really associate with in all honesty, but no doubt I will be on the lookout for this mini-series mainly for curiosity.

Oh yes we live in a corrupt society and always will I'm afraid my friend, and indeed I remember the Midland bank in the UK, banks are only interested in taking your money, 'preferably I much prefer floorboards easily more accessible' only one problem 'I'm skint'

robboDate: Friday, 05 Feb 2016, 01:38 | Message # 1473
Dan Stevens Leads X-Men Series "Legion"

"The Guest" and "Downton Abbey" hunk Dan Stevens has scored the lead role in FX's "Legion," the upcoming TV series based on Marvel's "X-Men" spin-off comic and produced by "Fargo" showrunner Noah Hawley.

Aubrey Plaza and Jean Smart have also hopped onboard the previously announced Rachel Keller on the project which is scheduled to begin production in March.

Stevens will play David, a haunted man diagnosed as a schizophrenic at a young age. Trying to find a way back to sanity and on the verge of suicide, he meets the girl of his dreams and soon discovers he may be more than human.

In the comics the character is Professor Charles Xavier's mutant son. It has previously been said the series will NOT be connected to the "X-Men" universe of the films including May's "X-Men: Apocalypse".

Plaza will play his friend Lenny, a women with a rough demeanor and a history of substance abuse who is, nevertheless, an impossible optimist. Smart will play Melanie, a nurturing but demanding therapist with a sharp mind and unconventional methods.

Hawley, Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb, Jim Chory and John Cameron are all set to serve as executive producers. Stevens also stars in Disney's early 2017 live-action "Beauty and the Beast" as The Beast.

Great casting. Excited to see the show!

Via: The Live Feed

Dan Stevens arrives at the Giorgio Armani show during Milan Men's Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2016/17 on January 19, 2016 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Jacopo Raule/Getty Images)

Dan Stevens arrives at the Giorgio Armani showDan Stevens arrives at the Giorgio Armani show

robboDate: Friday, 05 Feb 2016, 02:06 | Message # 1474
Colony Renewed For Season 2 At USA

The occupiers aren't leaving anytime soon.

USA Network has renewed its extraterrestrial-esque drama starring Josh Holloway and Sarah Wayne Callies for a second season. Additionally, the cabler has ordered 13 episodes, up from Season 1's 10.

Colony, which reunited Holloway with his former Lost EP Carlton Cuse, premiered last month to 1.4 million total viewers and a 0.4 demo rating, held steady in Week 2 and at last tally was pulling 1.2 mil and a 0.5. It's average Live+3 audience stands at 3.4 million viewers.

"Carlton and Ryan [Condal]have successfully delivered a story that tests the strengths and weaknesses of a society in duress, and the bonds of a family divided, "said USA prez Chris McCumber in a statement. "Colony's performance across all platforms has been impressive, and we can't wait to see where the story takes us,"

The fourth episode of the show's current first season airs tonight at 10/9c.

I quite like Colony it's a decent little show, be interesting in which way the story does unfold as the series progresses. Much better than Josh's other project 'Intelligence'.

Via: TVLine

Josh Holloway as Will Bowman, Sarah Wayne Callies as Katie Bowman in Colony Pilot
(Photo by: Isabella Vosmikova/USA Network/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images)

Josh Holloway as Will Bowman, Sarah Wayne Callies as Katie Bowman in Colony PilotJosh Holloway as Will Bowman, Sarah Wayne Callies as Katie Bowman in Colony Pilot

robboDate: Friday, 05 Feb 2016, 02:26 | Message # 1475
Fear The Walking Dead: Dougray Scott Joins Spin-Off's Season 2 Cast 

Dougray Scott has booked a (one way?) ticket to the zombie apocalypse. 

The Hemlock Grove and Desperate Housewives vet has signed on to join Fear The Walking Dead's upcoming second season in a recurring role.

An AMC rep confirmed his casting, but declined to provide details on his role. One theory: He could be playing Casey, a character described in a recent casting breakdown as "a decent man who believes in civility" and "is confident in an unexpected position of authority."Loyal to his family, Casey "is still learning to be a leader. He regrets but accepts the necessary violence for a new vision."

The Walking Dead spin-off's 15-episode second season will be split into two parts, with the first half (seven episodes) launching Sunday, April 10 (9/8c on AMC) and the second half airing "later in 2016."

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 05 Feb 2016, 15:31 | Message # 1476
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
Colony Renewed For Season 2 At USA

Good for Josh Holloway! Last time I heard of him was when CBS didn't renew INTELLIGENCE for a 2nd season.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 06 Feb 2016, 00:05 | Message # 1477
I've just started viewing s1,ep1 South Of Hell with Mena Suvari.
In case nobody remembers her, which I doubt on this site because you're all Summer Glau fans, she appeared in episode 5 of The Cape.  It was of course quite some while ago.  I only ever remember her with blonde hair, so it was a surprise to see her in this new series with jet black hair.
The beginning of the series reminds me of an intro to True blood.  It is set in the land of glades and spanish moss.

Furthermore, for fans of TSCC and Catherine Weaver's daughter Savannah, you must make sure you don't miss s7,ep13 of The middle.  It shows in the UK next Saturday 13th.  It will be streamed on youtube but you might not be able to view it in your country.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Saturday, 06 Feb 2016, 20:10

robboDate: Sunday, 07 Feb 2016, 02:30 | Message # 1478
Shades Of Blue Renewed For Season 2

Well, J. Lo. and behold - Shades of Blue just landed itself a renewal.

NBC has picked up Jennifer Lopez's rookie copy drama for a second season.

"We want to thank Jennifer, who is the hardest working woman we know, for her incredible efforts as both the star and producer of this show, as well as well as our other amazing producers and cast for all their tireless work in creating one of the most compelling dramas on television today, "said NBC's entertainment president Jennifer Salke in a statement. "We're so excited to find out where this story will lead and have them raise the stakes even higher in what we know will be a fantastic second season."

Shades of Blue's most recent episode drew 5.6 million viewers and a 1.1 rating, down sharply from its strong premiere numbers last month (8.6 million/1.8). NBC notes, however, that the series has improved on the 10 o'clock hour's pre-Shade's, non-sports, non-specials average by 38 percent.

Singer/judge Jennifer Lopez attends the 'American Idol XV' Finalists party at The London Hotel on February 25, 2016 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Allen Berezovsky/WireImage)

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 07 Feb 2016, 16:33 | Message # 1479
#1479 It's not showing in the UK.  I've never heard of it.  But would be willing to view it given the chance.

robboDate: Tuesday, 09 Feb 2016, 03:25 | Message # 1480
Syfy Gives "Magicians" A Second Season

Syfy has renewed "The Magicians" for a thirteen episode second season which will air in early 2017.

Based on the bestselling series of novels by Lev Grossman, the contemporary fantasy drama has aired three episodes of its first season thus far and has averaged 1.7 million viewers per episode in Live+3 ratings.

Jason Ralph, Stella Maeve, Olivia Taylor Dudley, Hale Appleman, Arjun Gupta, Summer Bishil, Rick Worthy an Jade Tailor star and all are expected to return.

This marks the latest renewal of a series by the network which also has second seasons of "The Expanse" and "12 Monkeys" on the way.

I watched the first and thought well showed a bit of promise. Saw the second totally disappointed. So i decided to watch the third and now I'm unsure as to whether to carry on watching it or not?

Via: Variety

2016 Winter TCA Portraits
Arjun Gupta and Olivia Taylor Dudley of NBCUniversal's 'The Magicians' pose in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter Television Critics Association press tour at the Langham Hotel on January 14, 2016 in Pasadena, California. (Photo by Maarten de Boer/Getty Images Portraits)

Arjun Gupta and Olivia Taylor Dudley - 2016 Winter TCA PortraitsArjun Gupta and Olivia Taylor Dudley - 2016 Winter TCA Portraits

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 09 Feb 2016, 16:55 | Message # 1481
1481 So, robbo, it is a sci fi series.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4254242/?ref_=nv_sr_1
I see There's a Summer in it.  The name is popular, but as she was born in 1988 Pasadena, I don't think her mom got the idea from a 7 year old child in Texas.

Of course in TSCC, these things were possible haha.  Remember
Child Identification Database

First Name . . . . . . .MI . . . . . . . Last Name
Warren . . . . . . . . . . L . . . . . . . .Krazcetak

D.O.B. . . . . . . . . . . . .Height . . . Weight
06/12/03 . . . . . . . . . .38 in . . . . .35 lbs

SS# (if available) . . .None

Issued . . . . 03/27/06

Hair Color . . . . . .Eyes . . . . . . . Gender
Brown . . . . . . . . . Blue . . . . . . . .Male

Identifying Marks . . . . . . barcode tat. on left forearm

Parent/Legal Guardian . .. . . . . .Jake Krazcetak
Contact Information . . . . . . . . . . .939-555-1039

. 47 East Sreet                             Canton OH

Doctor                                     Scott Buckwald
Contact Information . . . . . . . . . . . 939-555-1100

Dentist                                             Jared Fleury
Contact Information . . . . . . . . . . . . 939-555-1011

R. Thumb . . . . . R.Index . . . . . R. Middle . . . . . R. Ring . . . . . R. Little
(Print . . . . . . . . . Print . . . . . . . . .Print . . . . . . Print . . . . . . . . Print)

L . Thumb . . . . . . L. Index. . . . . . L Middle . . . . . L. Ring. . . . . . L. Little
(Print . . . . . . . . . Print. . . . . . . . . Print .. . . . . . Print. . . . . . . . . Print)

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 09 Feb 2016, 17:03

robboDate: Wednesday, 10 Feb 2016, 03:07 | Message # 1482
Once Upon A Time Casts Tween Regina, Zelena - Which Fought S.H.I.E.L.D.?

ABC's Once Upon a Time will shed light on two differently evil sisters during the back half of Season 5 - and to that end has cast tweenage Regina and Zelena. 

Ava Acres, who recurs on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (as Young Rebecca) and who also memorably haunted Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Melinda May during the Cavalry's backstory, has been cast in Episode 19 as Young Regina. 

English actress Isabella Blake-Thomas (BBC's The Green Balloon Club), meanwhile, will play Young Zelena in the same episode, which is titled "Sisters."

Seen at age 10, Regina is described as neglected and lonely, with zero interest in her mother's royal duties. Twelve-year-old Zelena meanwhile is coming to terms with the magic ability her father despises so much. 

Barbara Hershey - who returns as Cora in the winter premiere (airing March 6) - likely will appear in the episode as the girls' shared mother. 

Though Zelena was banished back to OZ in the midseason finale, she will resurface in Season 5B - in part, to battle a warrior-mode Dorothy Gale (Chicago Fire alum Teri Reeves).

" [Zelena]is absolutely not done, "co-creator Eddy Kitsis recently said in a statement. "The Zelena story in OZ, with Dorothy, will tie into our Underworld story pretty significantly."

robboDate: Thursday, 11 Feb 2016, 04:01 | Message # 1483
Ash vs Evil Dead Adds Lee Majors (as Dad!), Dead Vet Ted Raimi For Season 2

Ash Williams' pop is no less than The Six Million Dollar Man

TV vet Lee Majors has boarded Season 2 of Starz's Ash vs. Evil Dead in the role of Brock Williams, the title character's father, it was announced on Wednesday.

Also joining the horror dramedy is Ted Raimi, who has appeared in all of the Evil Dead features (in assorted roles) and here will play Ash's childhood BFF, Chet Kaminski. (Raimi's older brother Sam, of course, is the Evil Dead auteur himself, and serves as an exec producer on the series with star Bruce Campbell and Craig DiGregorio.)

Major's TV credits also include, of course, The Big Valley, The Virginian and The Fall Guy, and more recently episodes of Raising Hope and TNT's Dallas revival. Raimi's TV credits include Seaquest 2032, Hercules, Xena and Legend of the Seeker.

Season 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead will premiere sometime in 2016

55th Monte Carlo TV Festival
Prince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Charlene of Monaco pose with actors (L-R) Lindsay Wagner, Stephanie Powers, Bo Derek and Lee Majors during the Monaco Palace cocktail party of the 55th Monte Carlo TV festival on June 17, 2015 in Monte-Carlo, Monaco (Photo by Olivier Huitel/ PLS Pool/Getty Images)

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Charlene of Monaco pose with actors (L-R) Lindsay Wagner, Stephanie Powers, Bo Derek and Lee Majors during the Monaco Palace cocktail party of the 55th Monte Carlo TV festivalPrince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Charlene of Monaco pose with actor Lee Majors and wife during the Monaco Palace cocktail party of the 55th Monte Carlo TV festival

robboDate: Thursday, 11 Feb 2016, 04:27 | Message # 1484
Hayley Atwell Lands Lead In Conviction Legal Drama Pilot At ABC

TV's Agent Carter is looking to moonlight, on a very different kind of mission.

Hayley Atwell has landed the lead in Conviction, a drama pilot in development at ABC.

The project will star Atwell as the brilliant-but-rebellious daughter of a Clinton-like political family, who is forced into taking a job as the head of Los Angeles' newly created Conviction Integrity Unit. Along with her team of lawyers, investigators and forensic experts, she has two weeks to examine cases where there's credible suspicion that the wrong person may have been convicted of a crime.

What does this mean for Agent Carter? In the event that Conviction is ordered to series and ABC's Marvel drama is renewed for Season 3 (after returning to depressed ratings). Atwell's schedule would be worked out so that she could do both roles.

Mark Gordon and Nick Pepper will executive produce the pilot with co-creators Liz Friedman and Liz Friedlander. Friedman wrote the pilot, and Friedlander will direct.

Agent Carter season 2 promotional photos

ABC's 'Marvel's Agent Carter - Season TwoABC's 'Marvel's Agent Carter - Season TwoABC's 'Marvel's Agent Carter - Season Two

robboDate: Thursday, 11 Feb 2016, 04:53 | Message # 1485
Elizabeth Mitchell, Once's 'Anna' Join Freeform Thriller Dead Of Summer

Freeform on Wednesday announced that Elizabeth Mitchell and Elizabeth Lail - both of whom appeared during Once Upon a Time's Frozen arc as the Snow Queen and Princess Anna, respectively - have been cast in the upcoming horror series Dead of Summer, executive-produced by Once's Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis and Ian Goldberg.

As you might infer from the title, Dead of Summer tells the story of a seemingly idyllic 1980's summer camp, though it quickly spirals into a series of "unforgettable scares and evil at every turn."

Mitchell, who also worked with Horowitz and Kitsis during their Lost days, will play Deb, the new owner of Camp Clearwater. A former camper, Deb presents a "warm and welcoming vibe" to mask her potentially dark reason for wanting control of the camp. Lail will play Amy, one of Clearwater's newest counselors - and the first to start unravelling its twisted secrets.

The actresses join previously announced cast members Mark Indelicato (Ugly Betty), Zelda Williams (Teen Wolf) and Paulina Singer (Gotham) and Ronen Rubinstein (Orange is the New Black).

Via: Deadline

Elizabeth Mitchell promotes NBC's 'Revolution' at WonderCon Anaheim 2014 - Day 1 held at Anaheim Convention Center on April 18, 2014 in Anaheim, California. (Photo by Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images)

Elizabeth Mitchell promotes NBC's 'Revolution' at WonderCon Anaheim 2014Elizabeth Mitchell promotes NBC's 'Revolution' at WonderCon Anaheim 2014

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: