menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Thursday, 10 Dec 2015, 03:47 | Message # 1411
Group: Friends
Wayward Pines Renewed For Season 2

Fox will once again be spending the summer in Wayward Pines.

Nearly five months after its freshman run ended, the twisty drama has been renewed for a second season, the network announced Wednesday.

"Wayward Pines was a huge hit for us this past summer. We were absolutely blown away by the mysterious and surprising world that [M.] Night [Shyamalan]and his team created, and the twisting-and-turning storytelling that drew viewers in from Day One," said Fox President of Entertainment David Madden in a statement. "Season 2 is going to take the suspense, the vision of the future and the haunting character drama to whole new levels, and we can't wait for our fans to continue that ride next year."

Set to premiere in Summer 2016, Wayward Pines' second season will pick up where its first go-round left off, when a new arrival in the titular town finds himself in the middle of a serious rebellion, as the residents battle over how to preserve the endangered human race.

Via: Fox

Carla Gugino at the premiere Of HBO's 'The Brink' held at Paramount Studios on 08 June 2015 in Hollywood, California .

Carla Gugino at the premiere Of HBO's 'The Brink' Carla Gugino at the premiere Of HBO's 'The Brink'

robboDate: Thursday, 10 Dec 2015, 04:14 | Message # 1412
Bitten's Third Season Will Be Its Last

Prepare yourselves for the end, Bitten fans. The Canadian werewolf drama, which airs on Syfy in the U.S. and Space in Canada, will end after Season 3, it was announced Wednesday by Bell Media, the parent company of Space. The series, which stars Laura Vandervoort (Smallville) as Elena Michaels, the lone female werewolf in existence, will return to fight its final battle on Space on Friday, February, 12 at 10pm. Syfy has not yet set a U.S. premiere date. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Syfy will not be acquiring the series for a fourth season.

Season 3 will pick up several months after the battle that ended Season 2 and will dive ahead first into "the theme of duty versus family, and the lengths one will go to keep both intact." As the pack hunts for a dangerous group of Mutts, Elena will struggle with Jeremy (Greg Bryk) over his new leadership style. She'll also make a pretty surprising discovery about herself. Might it be what's previewed in the just-released sneak peek of the new season?

Shame about Bitten I quite enjoyed the show in a certain way.

Via: THR

Laura Vandervoort at FOX International Studios' Comic-Con Party Celebrating Robert Kirkman's New Drama 'Outcast' during Comic-Con International 2015 at Andaz Hotel on July 9, 2015 in San Diego, California

Laura Vandervoort at FOX International Studios' Comic-Con PartyLaura Vandervoort at FOX International Studios' Comic-Con Party

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 10 Dec 2015, 13:40 | Message # 1413
#1411 Yes, the final line in that post.  Our very own Kate Brewster from T3 and a character in many a fanfiction. (not to mention she was Juliet opposite Leonardio DiCaprio).

#1412 & 1413 There's so much on TV these days, I don't get time to watch everything.

(I amended T3 from T4 above. My mistake).

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 10 Dec 2015, 18:18

robboDate: Friday, 11 Dec 2015, 02:20 | Message # 1414
# 1414 Yes indeed, we've been blessed or should i say swamped with so much and so many great individual shows that catch the eye at the moment.
Tough decisions lie ahead for many other shows on various networks as the series progresses after the winter hiatus. 
Just not enough time in the day to watch them all unfortunately. 

robboDate: Friday, 11 Dec 2015, 02:40 | Message # 1415
It's A Miracle: HBO Renews 'The Leftovers' For Third And Final Season

Will The Leftovers get one more season to extend its masterpiece, or will it go out with a bang on its triumphant second season?

HBO finally has an answer for us: Yep.

The Leftovers has been renewed for one - and only one - more season. Its third season will be the final season of the acclaimed drama from Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta that'll aim to give a definitive, er, "wildly ambiguous but hopefully mega-emotional" (as per Lindelof) conclusion to all those mysteries.

Get your theories ready!

Via: Vulture

Liv Tyler looked gorgeous in a long black dress with a floral patterned detailing at 'An Evening Honoring Valentino' Lincoln Center Corporate Fund Gala at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center in New York City on December 7, 2015.

Liv Tyler at Valentino partyLiv Tyler at Valentino party

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 14 Dec 2015, 22:11 | Message # 1416
Group: Administrators
Melanie Liburd Boards ‘Dark Matter’

Melanie LiburdMelanie Liburd

Melanie Liburd (The Grinder) has booked a series regular role on Season 2 of Syfy’s space opera Dark Matter. The series created by Stargate writers/EPs Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie follows six people who wake up on a derelict spaceship with no memories of who they are or how they got onboard. No details on Liburd’s character. The actress is set to appear as High Priestess Kinvara in the next season of Game Of Thrones, and her TV credits also include CSI and Stalker.

Source: Deadline

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015, 13:30 | Message # 1417
# 1417 Yes, I quite enjoy Dark Matter and I won't deny I find her quite sexy. One of her famous lines was, "stop staring at my ass". (How did she know?)

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015, 13:30

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015, 15:51 | Message # 1418
# 1417

I think you are confusing newcomer Melanie Liburd, who will play in season 2, with Melissa O'Neil, who plays Two on the show. I know I (almost) did :p

Melanie Liburd and Melissa O'Neil

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015, 20:30 | Message # 1419
#1417-8-8 Oh!
Perhaps the same might apply.

robboDate: Wednesday, 16 Dec 2015, 01:34 | Message # 1420
Richard Rankin Nabs Key "Outlander" Role

Scottish actor Richard Rankin ("Burnt," "The Crimson Field") has been cast in the key role of Roger Wakefield in the second season of Starz' cable drama "Outlander"

The kindhearted and charming character is the grown up version of Reverend Wakefield's adopted son we first met in the first season. Now a professor at Oxford, Roger has a keen interest in history and all the secrets and insight it presents.

The new season sees Claire and Jamie arrive in France, hell-bent on infiltrating the Jacobite rebellion led by Prince Charles Stuart, and stopping the battle of Culloden. They are thrown into the lavish world of French society and altering the course of history presents challenges.

Roger plays a pivotal role in the lives of Claire (Caitriona Balfe) and Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan) as their time-travelling story unfolds, and is the only character other than those two leads who appears in every one of the novels in Diana Gabaldon's series. The series will return to the cabler in Spring 2016.

Via: Variety

Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan outside ITV Studios in London, United Kingdom on 24 Mar 2015 Credit: Rocky/WENN

Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan outside ITV Studios in LondonCaitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan outside ITV Studios in London

robboDate: Wednesday, 16 Dec 2015, 02:11 | Message # 1421
'Public Morals', 'Legends' & 'Agent X' Canceled By TNT

TNT is doing some housecleaning today. Along with officially renewing The Librarians, Murder in the First and Major Crimes, the network also has cancelled Legends, Public Morals and Agent X. All three axed shows had been leftovers from the previous regime. Neither had performed particularly well in the ratings, though sophomore Legends starring Sean Bean got some props for improving creatively in Season 2. The other two shows were cancelled after one season.

Along with picking The Librarians, Murder In The First and Major Crimes, along with previously renewed Rizzoli & Isles and The Last Ship, TNT recently picked up two new drama series for next year, Good Behavior and Animal Kingdom, to join straight-to-series The Alienist as the network is tweaking its brand toward edgier fare.

Thriller Agent X, starring Sharon Stone and Jeff Hephner, largely has been panned by critics but was the strongest ratings-wise among the three canceled series. In the most recent Live+3 weekly ratings, the auctioneer drew 1.7 million viewers vs. 1.1 million for Legends. For comparison, that same week, just-renewed Major Crimes and The Librarians logged 5.4 million and 3.3 million viewers, respectively. The linear L+3 viewership for Public Morals, which finished its run a month and a half ago, had been just under 1 million, though given its mixed distribution model, those numbers don't provide a full picture of its performance.

Via: Deadline

Sharon Stone at the amfAR's Inspiration Gala Los Angeles at Milk Studios in Hollywood, California on October 29, 2015.

Sharon Stone at the amfAR's Inspiration GalaSharon Stone at the amfAR's Inspiration Gala

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 16 Dec 2015, 22:41 | Message # 1422
Oh man. Cat knows about Kee-rah. If only she knew some sort of shapeshifter, who could help her in some way.

Martian Manhunter, also known as J'onn J'onzz in Supergirl

Supergirl S01E08 "Hostile Takeover"

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 19 Dec 2015, 00:45 | Message # 1423
Fun fact: two former actresses of NBC's crime drama The Playboy Club play in ABC's Supergirl, Jenna Dewan Tatum - Lucy Lane in Supergirl - and Laura Benanti - Alura Zor-El / Astra in Supergirl-.

Jenna Dewan Tatum as Janie in The Playboy ClubJenna Dewan Tatum as Janie in The Playboy ClubLaura Benanti as Carol-Lynne in The Playboy ClubLaura Benanti as Carol-Lynne in The Playboy Club
Laura Benanti and Jenna Dewan Tatum in The Playboy Club

robboDate: Saturday, 19 Dec 2015, 01:10 | Message # 1424
# 1424 The one thing I like about the 'Playboy Club Bunnies' is they don't have the anorexic look. The actresses seem to have that trademark voluptuous look about them. 
Tidy little numbers indeed!  rolleyes

robboDate: Saturday, 19 Dec 2015, 01:30 | Message # 1425
Man In The High Castle: Amazon Renews Alt-History Drama For Season 2!

If you've watched Amazon's Man in the High Castle already, then you know there is room for more.

Amazon is ensuring you will have it by granting a second season renewal only a month after the series first began streaming for Prime members on November 20.

Just like the first season, the second season will consist of ten episodes.

Set in the 60s, twenty years after the end of World War II, the US, is occupied by Imperial Japan on the West Coast and Nazi Germany on the east. The only neutral zone remains in the middle, Colorado.

It's an alternative history to what may have happened, and it's riveting.

Frank K. Spotnitz (The X-Files) has penned the script, based upon a book by the same name written by Phillip K. Dick.

The cast includes Alexa Davalos, Luke Kleintank (Bones), Rupert Evans, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Joel De La Fuente, Rufus Sewell and DJ Qualls (Supernatural).

Via: TVFanatic

Alexa Davalos arrives at the premiere of "Clash of the Titans" in Hollywood.
Photo Credit: Krista Kennell/Sipa Press

Alexa Davalos arrives at the premiere of Clash of the TitansAlexa Davalos arrives at the premiere of Clash of the Titans

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: