[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 92 of 119«129091929394118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 28 Oct 2015, 05:57 | Message # 1366
Group: Friends
#1366 That sounds promising robbo.  Only 2 days and 15 hours to go, then I can view the 1st episode here on SKY1 in the UK.  (and what is somebody doing up at almost 5am in the morning in your office? Like me can't sleep? What's your excuse? Mine is new kidney wants to keep weeing).

robboDate: Thursday, 29 Oct 2015, 02:48 | Message # 1367
# 1367 I've just removed the lid of me coffin and that's me awake for night (na' just joking).
Yes Supergirl a really promising start from Melissa and the gang.
I enjoyed it when I watched the pilot i would have to say definitely got potential. 
Owain Yeoman makes a guest appearance.

robboDate: Thursday, 29 Oct 2015, 03:31 | Message # 1368
"Cards" Star Is Mr. Freeze In "Gotham"

Nathan Darrow - who is best known for his role as Meechum, the loyal bodyguard of the Underwoods in Netflix's "House of Cards" - has scored the recurring role of Victor Fries (aka Mr. Freeze) on the Batman prequel series "Gotham" on Fox. 

In the series, Fries is one of Gotham's preeminent cryogenics engineers who is ferociously smart but struggles to make meaningful connections with others. The exception is his wife Nora whom he loves unconditionally, though she has tragically fallen ill with a terminal disease. 

Arnold Schwarzenegger, George Sanders and Michael Ansara have played the character on screen before, with his most celebrated incarnation being in the 1990s "Batman" animated series. 

Via: Deadline

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 29 Oct 2015, 03:42 | Message # 1369
# 1369 Oh yes, I remember Arnie being Mr Freeze - he was good in that role.
I have to admit I like the dark portrayal of Gotham - they have done a good job.
I think Morena Baccarin's teasing relationship with Office Gordon is quite charming.  I hope they continue in that theme.

Slight change of subject.  I think Claire Danes (our Kate Brewster from T3), is an awesome actress and continues in that theme from the film Temple Grandin (which everyone should see), and now in Homeland.  People might not like the person she became but they should bear in mind she is only acting - she didn't really kill lots of Pakistani wedding civilians in a drone strike in real life.
When I see her in that role, I think of Summer Glau and feel pretty sure she could handle a similar acting role.

robboDate: Thursday, 29 Oct 2015, 03:52 | Message # 1370
"Ash Vs. Evil Dead" Renewed For Season 2 

Just days before its October 31st series premiere, Starz has revealed that they have officially renewed their upcoming supernatural series "Ash vs. Evil Dead" for a second season. 

A continuation of the "Evil Dead" film franchise and set thirty years after "Army of Darkness," Bruce Campbell is back as Ash and is teamed with the likes of Lucy Lawless, Jill Marie Jones, and Ray Santiago.

No official word on how many episodes the second season will contain, though it's expected to be as at least as long as the first's ten half-hour episodes and may well go beyond that. 

Starz managing director Carmi Zlotnik said in a statement: "One season isn't enough to satisfy the fans' two-decade-long appetite for more Ash. The early fan and press support, along with the international broadcaster demand for more story, have made it clear that the adventures of Ash Williams can't end with Season 1."

Raimi helmed the pilot episode and may be back to take the director's chair on further second season episodes which are expected to air in late 2016. 

Via: Starz

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 29 Oct 2015, 04:00 | Message # 1371
# 1371 I'm happy for Lucy Lawless because she got in to trouble for protesting against oil drilling off of her own country.  The authorities said they'd ban her from working or something to that effect.  You can find out through a search engine if you want to know more.  Here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_Lawless

robboDate: Thursday, 29 Oct 2015, 04:07 | Message # 1372
# 1372 No way what a cheek! I'm glad that didn't work out for the authorities. 
I know she was in last seasons Salem which she played a great part as a naughty bad girl.
Great to see Lucy back!

robboDate: Saturday, 31 Oct 2015, 03:19 | Message # 1373
AMC Renews "Walking Dead" For Season 7 

In the least surprising news of the year, AMC has announced that it has renewed TV's biggest show, the zombie drama "The Walking Dead," for a seventh season. 

'Dead' remains the #1 show on television among adults 18-49, a title it has retained for the last three years. Additionally AMC has renewed live after-show "Talking Dead" hosted by Chris Hardwick. 

For season seven, Scott M. Gimple will return as the series' showrunner and executive producer, along with executive producers Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Greg Nicotero and Tom Luse. Those episodes will premiere October next year. 

Via: AMC

robboDate: Saturday, 31 Oct 2015, 03:32 | Message # 1374
B.D. Wong Is Hugo Strange On "Gotham"

"Jurassic Park" & "Jurassic World" actor B.D. Wong has scored the role of Professor Hugo Strange in Fox's Batman prequel series "Gotham".

Strange will be hired to run Gotham's Arkham Asylum and is a psychiatrist who seems to be altruistic at first. Ultimately though he will prove to be a dangerous threat to the city due to his dark secret - he is the one in charge of the Indian Hill facility.

First mentioned last year, the Indian Hill facility is a hidden lab that's part of a black-ops program run by Wayne Enterprises. It experiments on the 'monsters' of Gotham City in an effort to create the ultimate super human.

Via: ComicBook.Com

B.D. Wong arrives for the Premiere Of Universal Pictures' 'Jurassic World' held in the courtyard of Hollywood & Highland on June 9, 2015 in Hollywood, California.

B.D. Wong arrives for the Premiere Of Universal Pictures' 'Jurassic World'B.D. Wong arrives for the Premiere Of Universal Pictures' 'Jurassic World'

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 31 Oct 2015, 06:05 | Message # 1375
# 1375 There's a good picture of him at imdb

BD Wong

robboDate: Tuesday, 03 Nov 2015, 02:19 | Message # 1376
"Van Helsing" Becomes A Female-Led Syfy Series 

Syfy has acquired a thirteen episode TV series "Van Helsing," a new take on the Dracula myth and its most infamous vampire hunter - who this time will be a woman. 

Nomadic Pictures, who produce FX's "Fargo" and AMC's "Hell on Wheels," are producing the sci-fi series with Neil LaBute to serve as writer/showrunner. Production begins in January 2016 in Vancouver ahead of a fall 2016 premiere. 

In this version, the action follows Abraham's daughter Vanessa Helsing who is resurrected five years in the future to find out that vampires have taken over the world and that she possesses unique power over them. 

She soon becomes humanity's last hope to lead an offensive to take back what has been lost 

Defiance's Jamie Murray can play the part since Syfy dropped the show most recently.
Absolutely gorgeous!

Via: Deadline

robboDate: Tuesday, 03 Nov 2015, 03:10 | Message # 1377
Sons Of Anarchy Actor Cast As New Character For Gotham 

Fox's Gotham is reportedly adding another killer to its cast this season with Sons of Anarchy's Tommy Flanagan. Flanagan will reportedly play a hitman named the Knife, which is described as a new character not from the comic book source material. Describing the character as "one of Gotham City's most dangerous denizens," who will "sit with you, laugh with you, and then cut your throat."

Flanagan tweeted about his involvement in the show in October, but no details about his role were known until now. The actor is no stranger to roles in cinematic roles based on comic books, having appeared in Sin City and Aliens Vs Predator. 

Although described as a new character, there was a similiarly described villain named the Knife who appeared in 1944's Feature Comics #78 published by Quality Comics. DC later acquired the rights to many of the characters published by Quality including Plastic Man and Blackhawk, but the Knife has never appeared in any DC publications.

The Knife will reportedly debut in Gotham Season 2 episode 10. 

Via: Newsarama

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 03 Nov 2015, 03:49 | Message # 1378
# 1378 He'll make an interesting character
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281107/

robboDate: Friday, 06 Nov 2015, 04:17 | Message # 1379
Supergirl Casts Unforgettable Star As Alien-Hating Senator 

Supergirl is getting involved in some alienating politics. 

Tawny Cypress (Unforgettable) will guest-star on the CBS drama as Miranda Crane, a senator peddling her anti-alien beliefs to garner votes. 

Senator Crane finds herself on the other side of the issue when her visit to National City is interrupted by an alien attack, forcing her to possibly accept help from an extraterrestrial - Supergirl. 

Cypress' other TV credits include House of Cards, Rescue Me and Heroes. 

Via: TVLine

robboDate: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 02:48 | Message # 1380
Emma Caulfield Joins "Supergirl" As Cameron Chase 

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum Emma Caulfield has signed on to play Cameron Chase in CBS' "Supergirl". 

According to The Mary Sue's description, "After her father's violent murder, Cameron Chase decided to dedicate her life to law enforcement. Now a stern, no holds barred FBI agent, Chase's weapons of choice are manipulation and manpower. With little sympathy, and plenty of suspicions, she pursues her targets with ruthless determination."

In the comics, Chase debuted in "Batman" #550 and soon led her own title "Chase" by Dan Curtis Johnson, J.H. Williams III and Mick Gray, where she joined the DEO following her father's murder. In New 52 continuity, she resurfaced in "Batwoman" #1 and investigated Kate Kane for suspected terrorist activities on the DEO's behalf. In addition to her skills as an investigator and computer hacker, she has the subconscious ability to dampen Metahuman powers when she is threatened. 

In addition to her role as Anya on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," Caulfield has appeared as a series regular on "Life Unexpected" and "Gigantic."

Via: ComicBookResources

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 92 of 119«129091929394118119»
Search: