menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Tuesday, 30 Oct 2012, 03:01 | Message # 121
Group: Friends
hiya kevin, sorry forgot to mention been downloading each episode. waiting to do episode four at the moment, ive got a bit of a computer literate whizz kid of a son. my apologies im just a little bit ahead with arrow. the problem is i just cant stomach the adverts on the tv, it just spoils the programme that ye trying to watch. most annoying but ye your right it is entertaining. but hopefully arrow keeps on improving and doesnt go down the pan. but time will tell. not sure how the uk have taken to arrow. probably because its not a soap,or reality, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 30 Oct 2012, 03:45 | Message # 122
You're right, the sheep usually watch soap or reality. It's a bit like voting. Many people vote for someone because they've always voted for them, even if the leader is Gordon Brown who sailed our country in to oblivion they'll still vote Labour again. They'll vote Conservative because they forget what a dismal record they have had in the past. (Especially when I first took out a mortgage in the 80s).
I guess TV series are the same. Except that when a decent one comes along, we get to watch it whilst the masses watch their tripe.
2 years later, that particular show is axed and they wonder what the hell they are going to make a series about next.

Of course the answer is, take a bit of the Cape, take a bit of TSCC and mix it in with Alphas. Take a bit of TSCC and use the idea for Continuum.
Take a bit of this and make that. Cowboy and spaceships mixed together etc.

I'll tell you what was good and I am going to watch part 2 now. It is one of those rare performances that surpasses no other. The name of the film is called Sybil - you can find it on imdb. The lead actress and supporting actress are Sally Field with Joanne Woodward. It is the film about a truly moving and affecting story of a young woman whose childhood was so harrowing that she developed multiple personalities.
Summer Glau could tackle that part, I'm pretty sure of that. I am in awe of Sally Field but I guess that is what acting is all about.
Well worth a watch.
As the film was made a few years ago, it might benefit from a rewriting and recasting to give crisper colour and professionalism, although I could not really find any fault in the film.
--
I had to edit this post. The end of the film was more than harrowing, it was a reminder of schizophrenic psychiatric physical and mental abuse of a small child as a girl by her insane mother. Pretty awful to contemplate. OOH. I'm not sure whether Summer would be brave enough to take it on, were she given the chance. That being said, a red rag to a bull.........

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 30 Oct 2012, 05:44

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 01:34 | Message # 123
Group: Administrators
Castle Preview: 9 Things You Need To Know About "The Final Frontier"

Read more at tvovermind

Erin way, who plays Kat in Alphas, guest stars in the episode.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 02:28 | Message # 124
I must admit it looks entertaining, I'll add it to my list of films etc to watch.

Do you have any idea what the 3rd to last line was about? quote

- Two lines that stood out for me and made me laugh out loud: "A real sci-fi murder in a sci-fi convention? It just keeps getting better!" and "If I wake up bald tomorrow, will you still be attracted to me?" dry
javascript://

robboDate: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 21:35 | Message # 125
S.H.I.E.L.D pilot to shoot in january next year according to digital spy website. for an autumn release, joss whedon announced former ER actress ming- na wen will play lead role of agent melinda may, in the abc pilot. just wondering i hope he hasnt forgotten about summer glau, not sure how many female roles will be up for grabs, just me getting a bit worried thats all. smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 21:44 | Message # 126
Did she show an interest in any of the parts? I have a feeling she did but perhaps she has found something else.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2012, 13:56 | Message # 127
Quote (KevinInEngland)
Did she show an interest in any of the parts?

Summer Glau said in recent interviews that she wants to be part of the S.H.I.E.L.D pilot.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2012, 17:29 | Message # 128
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, the spinoff of BSG, will hit the web before being broadcast on television.

Blood & Chrome will premiere on the young male-skewing Machinima's YouTube channel, Machinima Prime, beginning Friday, November 9th. The film will be broken up into 10, seven- to 12-minute episodes online until February and will remain on Machinima until April.

It will be followed by its Syfy premiere in early 2013, followed by a the DVD/Blu-ray/VOD/PPV release of the unrated version.

Here’s the new trailer:

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 07 Nov 2012, 22:36 | Message # 129
You remember that Josh Friedman adapted the comics 'Locke & Key' for FOX in 2011 but the pilot was not picked up as series. Here's the trailer :

And now Universal Studios has announced that the Locke & Key comic book series will be developed as a trilogy of films with writer/producer Robert Orci on board.

Universal plans to develop three movies based on the series to be written by Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who both served as producers of the pilot.

robboDate: Thursday, 08 Nov 2012, 02:17 | Message # 130
cant believe locke and key. didnt get picked up just watched the trailer. tell ye what doesnt look to bad. looks pretty spooky and weird. quite a bit on the dark side. was it fox that didnt want it. because of josh friedman or is it just that fox are fox say no more, our favourite network very not, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 08 Nov 2012, 02:35 | Message # 131
Just like Scent The Missing. It appeared to have a human element. I'm watching Nurse Jackie at the moment. It is a comedy of sorts but also has a human element. Lock and Key could have been the same but with a new kind of supernatural/spiritual feel to it. Worth a look.
Unfortunately the people who choose don't take that as a factor, as we all know and have discussed time and time again. Money etc.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 08 Nov 2012, 02:35

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 09 Nov 2012, 14:12 | Message # 132
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, the spinoff of BSG, will hit the web before being broadcast on television.

Blood & Chrome will premiere on the young male-skewing Machinima's YouTube channel, Machinima Prime, beginning Friday, November 9th. The film will be broken up into 10, seven- to 12-minute episodes online until February and will remain on Machinima until April.

It will be followed by its Syfy premiere in early 2013, followed by a the DVD/Blu-ray/VOD/PPV release of the unrated version.

Here's a new trailer :

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 09 Nov 2012, 14:30 | Message # 133
Chris, I don't normally watch stuff like this but it looks/appears to be quite intriguing and exciting.
I would watch it but I know by subscribing to Machinimo I will get tons of stuff in my inbox.
I'll make a note of it.

robboDate: Sunday, 11 Nov 2012, 01:51 | Message # 134
just wondering if anybody had any thoughts, on the new show revolution 2012, watched the pilot recently plus episode two, not sure what to make of it giving it a chance to impress me, reminds me of a few shows rolled into one, swashbuckling, arrows, firearms, bit of im a legend scenery, the story is they are trying to fathom out why the lights went out, david lyons looks as tho hes a bad guy in this, not sure if it is a hit or miss over in the states, never seen the ratings. but hey i will give it a go, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 11 Nov 2012, 22:13 | Message # 135
I could not find it in the UK SKY TV guide. I'm in Essex.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: