menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Thursday, 17 Sep 2015, 01:26 | Message # 1321
Group: Friends
'Luke Cage': Marvel Confirms Misty Knight, Shades, Rafael Scarfe & Claire Temple 

Marvel is wrapping up casting for Luke Cage, the third series in its four-series package for Netflix, Premiering in 2016. We previously reported that Simone Missick (Ray Donovan), Theo Rossi (Sons Of Anarchy), Frank Whaley (Ray Donovan) and Rosario Dawson (Top Five) had joined the Luke Cage cast, and now Marvel has confirmed their characters with official descriptions. 

Missick plays Misty Knight, a Harlem police detective who is determined to learn the truth about Luke Cage: Rossi is Shades, a ruthless criminal with ties to Cage's mysterious past: Whaley is Rafael Scarfe, a hard-nosed NYPD detective who partners with Misty Knight in their Luke Cage investigation: and Dawson is nurse Claire Temple, reprising her role from Netflix's Daredevil. Her blossoming friendship with Cage will have a major impact on both character's lives. 

Marvel's Luke Cage is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC studios for Netflix. 

Via: Deadline

robboDate: Friday, 18 Sep 2015, 03:34 | Message # 1322
New Girl: Megan Fox Set To Join Season 5 Cast As The New Roommate!

Megan Fox is heading to New Girl in Season 5 to temporarily fill the void left by leading lady Zooey Deschanel, who is currently on maternity leave. 

Fox will appear in multiple episodes as Reagan, a gorgeous, straight-shooting pharmaceutical sales rep who comes to town on business and shakes things up in the loft when she rents out Jess' room while she is sequestered on jury duty. She'll first appear in Episode 6. (Deschanel pre-taped five Season 5 episodes last spring before taking off on maternity leave; she gave birth to a daughter in early August.)

"It's insane to me that such a gorgeous person can be so funny, but I guess we just all have to accept it, "noted executive producer Liz Meriwether in a statement. "I've been a fan of her comedic skills since This is 40, and I'm so excited to have her on the show. We had Megan in mind when we wrote this part - she's the perfect person to come in and shake these guys up."

For Fox, it marks a return to her early TV comedy roots. Long before Transformers catapulted her into the public consciousness, the actress cut her teeth on sitcoms What I Like About You and Two and a Half Men. She went on to land a regular gig on ABC's Kelly Ripa comedy Hope & Faith. 

New Girl is slated to kick off Season 5 in January. 

Via: TVLine

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 18 Sep 2015, 16:00 | Message # 1323
#1323 I used to watch this series because Summer said she watches it.
I'll have to go back to watching it again.
Ironically, the series is set at Santa Monica and I even saw the silver man in 1 episode.  Yes, seriously.  Zoey was walking with a friend along the front and the robot suddenly came to life, making them jump.
Unfortunately I've lost the picture.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 18 Sep 2015, 23:34 | Message # 1324
Group: Administrators
Rebecca Mader in ABC's 'Once Upon a Time' - Season Four
(Photo by Jack Rowland/ABC via Getty Images

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Monday, 21 Sep 2015, 00:33 | Message # 1325
# 1325 Absolutely loved Rebecca Mader as Zelena, the Wicked Witch of the West in 'Once Upon a Time' she was like a breath of fresh air a real cutie pie!

robboDate: Monday, 21 Sep 2015, 00:54 | Message # 1326
HBO Drama 'Westworld' Adds Tessa Thompson As Series Regular 

Tessa Thompson (Dear White People) has joined the cast of HBO's upcoming drama series Westworld as a regular. Described as a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin, Westworld, from Jonah Nolan and JJ Abrams, is inspired by the 1973 feature from writer-director Michael Crichton. 

Thompson will play Charlotte Hale, a mysterious and savvy provocateur with a unique perspective on Westworld. She joins previously cast Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Sidse Babett Knudsen, Rodrigo Santoro, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bolso Berdal, Ben Barnes, Jimmi Simpson, Clifton Collins, Jr; Simon Quarterman and Angela Sarafyan. The series is slated to debut in 2016. 

Thompson appeared in BBC America series Copper and will next be seen as the female lead in Creed that opens on Thanksgiving day. 

robboDate: Monday, 21 Sep 2015, 01:21 | Message # 1327
CBS Planning "Dr. Moreau" TV Series 

"Sleepy Hollow" creator Phillip Iscove will next tackle a TV series adaptation of the classic H.G. Wells book "The Island of Dr. Moreau" for CBS. 

The story shifts the story to the modern era and switches the gender of the title character - centering on the fiercely intelligent and fearless Dr. Katherine Moreau. 

This Moreau uses a privately funded island hospital to expand the boundaries of medicine through bold and revolutionary scientific experimentation and treatments. 

The original 1896 book followed a man shipwrecked on an island where he finds a scientist who creates human-like hybrid beings from animals. 

The series has a script commitment which Iscove will pen and executive produce. Frank Marshall and Robert Zotnowski will also executive produce. 

The original book is pretty good. If they get a good actress, then possibly, it could happen. 

Via: The Live Feed

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 21 Sep 2015, 14:01 | Message # 1328
# 1325/6 Unfortunately Robbo, it is on Sky Movies in the UK.  I don't subscribe to that.

# 1327 I'll look out for it next year in the hope it comes to our screens in the UK.

robboDate: Wednesday, 23 Sep 2015, 03:02 | Message # 1329
Clive Barker's "Weaveworld" Comes To TV 

The CW is developing the drama series "Weaveworld" based on the 1987 horror/fantasy novel by "Hellraiser" creator Clive Barker. 

In the TV adaptation, an app designer teams with a young pastry chef who has discovered that they are destined to be guardians of a mythological realm which can be accessed through a portal in an old Savannah mansion. 

Together, they fight an epic battle with evil forces who are vying for control of the magical world. Barker, Jack Kenny and Angela Mancuso will executive produce. 

robboDate: Friday, 25 Sep 2015, 03:20 | Message # 1330
TNT Cancels Proof After One Season

"Is there life after death?" Is a question TNT's Proof may itself now be wondering.

The freshman drama, which starred Jennifer Beals as a surgeon enlisted by Matthew Modine's eccentric billionaire to investigate - nay, find Proof of - the existence of an afterlife, has been cancelled after one 10-episode season.

Proof debuted in June to 2.7 million total viewers and a 0.4 rating, and come finale time was pulling 2.1 mil/0.3. But even with DVR playback bumps, the numbers simply skewed too old.

Among TNT's other drama offerings, The Last Ship was recently commissioned for Season 3, Falling Skies wrapped its run this summer, Murder in the First awaits news on Season 3, Rizzoli has been renewed for a shortened season and both Perception and Franklin & Bash got the hook last November. Legends and The Librarians have their Season 2 premieres coming up, while Major Crimes resumes Season 4 on Nov. 2.

Via: TVLine

Jennifer Beals visits at SiriusXM Studios on June 16, 2015 in New York City. (Photo by Robin Marchant/Getty Images)

Jennifer Beals visits at SiriusXM StudiosJennifer Beals visits at SiriusXM Studios

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 25 Sep 2015, 16:53 | Message # 1331
# 1331 I'm sorry for Jennifer.  I guess you can only be as good as the story and the writing.

robboDate: Saturday, 26 Sep 2015, 02:52 | Message # 1332
Two More Join "DC's Legends Of Tomorrow"

Stephanie Corneliussen ("Mr. Robot") and Peter Francis James ("Law & Order") have joined the cast of the CW's upcoming superhero spin-off series "DC's Legends of Tomorrow". 

James will play an original character named Dr. Aldus Boardman who will first appear in the "Arrow" crossover episode. In the synopsis he's a University professor who has devoted his life to researching the story of Chayara (Hawkgirl) and Prince Khufu (Hawkman) and their link to Vandal Savage. 

Corneliussen will star as DC Comics villainess Valentina Vostok, a gifted Soviet physicist who will stop at nothing to defend her motherland. The Legends encounter her at the height of the Cold War and suspect she's working for Vandal Savage. It's unclear if she'll become Negative Woman like the character in the comics. 

Via: ComicBook.Com

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 26 Sep 2015, 12:03 | Message # 1333
#1333 The Comic Book stories have really taken off in America.  I'm sure they're appreciated in the UK and worldwide too.
Of course I have a favourite of my own, which I wouldn't miss.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 26 Sep 2015, 14:00 | Message # 1334
Group: Administrators
Hayley Atwell Hits Hollywood in New "Agent Carter" Season 2 Poster!

It's official: Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) has arrived in Los Angeles, and it looks like she's armed and ready to get back to work in this new poster for "Agent Carter" season two from Entertainment Weekly

According to season two's official plot synopsis, Peggy will head to Los Angeles for some Cold War-era espionage: "Dedicated to the fight against new atomic age threats in the wake of World War II, Peggy must now journey from New York City to Los Angeles for her most dangerous assignment yet. But even as she discovers new friends, a new home -- and perhaps even a new love -- she’s about to find out that the bright lights of the post-war Hollywood mask a more sinister threat to everyone she is sworn to protect."

Starring Atwell and D'Arcy, "Agents Carter" season two is expected to air in January 2016 during "Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s" midseason break on ABC.

Hayley Atwell Hits Hollywood in New Agent Carter Season 2 Poster!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Monday, 28 Sep 2015, 01:14 | Message # 1335
'Gotham' Casts 'Looking' Alum As DC Comics Villain 

Fox's "Gotham" has tapped "Looking" star Raul Castillo to play DC Comics villain Eduardo Flamingo.

Making his debut in episode nine of season two, Eduardo Flamingo is one of Gotham's most dangerous hitmen. Killing for him isn't just a job, it's an art form. Armed with a spiked chain and an appetite for flesh, this rock-a-billy assassin will prove to be one of Detective Jim Gordon's (Ben McKenzie) trickiest foes. 

Castillo was just named one of Variety Latino's 10 Latinos to watch, and will next be seen in HBO's "Looking" special, which will wrap up the recently cancelled series, and the Netflix original movie "Special Correspondents," written and directed by Ricky Gervais. 

The show will also introduce Mr. Freeze, Firefly, Clayface and the Mad Hatter in its villain-centric sophomore season. 

Via: Variety

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: