menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 06 Aug 2015, 15:46 | Message # 1261
Group: Administrators
Ref Message # 1258

If Jenna Dewan Tatum plays "Lois Lane's younger sister Lucy", what age is Lois Lane, 40?
The age difference between Jimmy Olsen, who is supposed to be Kara's love interest, and Kara doesn't compute imo.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 06 Aug 2015, 15:51 | Message # 1262
Group: Friends
#1037.  I enjoy watching True Detective but I find I need to use subtitles.  I guess local people would understand them better than me.
I saw James Frain and Riley, woops I mean Leven Rambin in this week's episode.
You never quite know who is going to die next, although I suspect Rachel McAdams will not die.

Does anyone else think the theme tune at the beginning is cool?   I do: "so never mind".  Geddit?

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Sunday, 25 Oct 2015, 21:14

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 06 Aug 2015, 15:53 | Message # 1263
#1038 Good work compiling those pictures and details.

robboDate: Friday, 07 Aug 2015, 01:21 | Message # 1264
# 1262  Interestlingly! I was a little bit bewildered about this piece of information regarding 'Lois Lane's younger sister 'Lucy' I think we will have to see how the plot unfolds?

robboDate: Friday, 07 Aug 2015, 02:03 | Message # 1265
# 1263  I like True Detective it's very, very good. High-quality television with some top-notch performances and the pacing is brisk.

I think the story is dark and atmospheric just the way the fans of the show like it. 
Yeah the theme tune is wicked absolutely love it!  Just like season one that was a cool tune.

On a side-note I think we are blessed with some great theme tunes or intros at the moment.
Here's just a few off the top of my head, 'Sense8' 'Daredevil' 'Outlander' 'Bitten' 'Wayward Pines' 'Haven' 'Penny Dreadful' and possibly ''Grimm' 'Once Upon a Time' 'The Whisperers' 'The Walking Dead' and maybe anything done by the maestro 'Bear McCreary!

robboDate: Friday, 07 Aug 2015, 02:20 | Message # 1266
Phillippe To Lead "Shooter" TV Series

Ryan Phillippe has been tapped to take the lead role in the pilot for USA Network's "Shooter," the TV series adaptation of the 2007 Mark Wahlberg action film.

Based on Stephen Hunter's best-selling novel "Point of Impact," Phillippe will take on the role of off-the-grid former Marine sniper Bob Lee Swagger who is coaxed into action to thwart the killing of the president.

He is ultimately double-crossed and framed for the attempt, and must call upon all the skills he acquired to avoid capture and expose the real traitors. Phillippe will also serve as a producer on the project which will be shot in Los Angeles.

John Hlavin ("The Shield") is writing while Simon Cellan Jones ("Ballers") will direct the pilot. Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson and Lorenzo di Bonaventura will executive produce.

Via: TheLiveFeed

Ryan Phillippe attends Gran Centenario Tequila presents Angels In The Sky at Mondrian Los Angeles on May 19, 2015 in West Hollywood, California.

Ryan Phillippe attends Gran Centenario Tequila presents Angels In The SkyRyan Phillippe attends Gran Centenario Tequila presents Angels In The Sky

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 07 Aug 2015, 13:14 | Message # 1267
#1265.  I assume her sister is not genetically related and has earth genes.

Alright, I agree Supergirl looks like an indigenous European.  Perhaps the comic book has addressed this some time in the past.  I remember reading Superman and Supergirl when I was a young boy but I don't recall this subject being broached.

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 08 Aug 2015, 13:08 | Message # 1268
#1045 Somebody took a video of her at the zoo, which I thought was nice.  Short but nice.

robboDate: Sunday, 09 Aug 2015, 01:15 | Message # 1269
Netflix's 'Sense8' Renewed For Second Season

Netflix has handed out a second season order to Sense8, their sci-fi series from Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski and The Matrix's Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski. It is not immediately clear how many episodes have been ordered for the show's second season.

Sense8 follows eight characters that live in different cities around the world who experience a violent vision, and soon find themselves mentally connected by this experience. They are suddenly able to see and talk to each other as though they were in the same place, and have access to each other's deepest secrets. Not only must these eight adapt to this new ability and to each other, they must figure out what happened and why and what it means for the future of humanity, while being hunted by an organization out to capture, kill or vivisect them.

Created and executive produced by J. Michael Straczynski and The Wachowskis, the series stars Naveen Andrews (Lost), Daryl Hannah (Kill Bill), Brian J. Smith (Stargate Universe), Tuppence Middleton (Sinbad), Aml Ameen (Harry's Law), Freema Agyeman (Law & Order: UK), Tena Desae (Dussehra), Doona Bae (Cloud Atlas), Max Riemelt (Amnesia), Alfonso Herrera (El Capo), Erendira Ibarra (FemVamp.Com), Jamie Clayton (Hung), Miguel Silvestri (Velvet) and Terrence Mann (Smash).

Go Sense8! I'm chuffed to bits the show got a second Innings, love the story.

Via: TVWise

Jamie Clayton, Brian J. Smith, Daryl Hannah and Naveen Andrews speak onstage during the 'Sense8' panel discussion at the Netflix portion of the 2015 Summer TCA Tour at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on July 28, 2015 in Beverly Hills, California.

Jamie Clayton, Brian J. Smith, Daryl Hannah and Naveen Andrews speak onstage during the 'Sense8' panel discussion at the Netflix portion of the 2015 Summer TCA TourJamie Clayton, Brian J. Smith, Daryl Hannah and Naveen Andrews speak onstage during the 'Sense8' panel discussion at the Netflix portion of the 2015 Summer TCA TourJamie Clayton, Brian J. Smith, Daryl Hannah and Naveen Andrews speak onstage during the 'Sense8' panel discussion at the Netflix portion of the 2015 Summer TCA TourJamie Clayton, Brian J. Smith, Daryl Hannah and Naveen Andrews speak onstage during the 'Sense8' panel discussion at the Netflix portion of the 2015 Summer TCA TourJamie Clayton, Brian J. Smith, Daryl Hannah and Naveen Andrews speak onstage during the 'Sense8' panel discussion at the Netflix portion of the 2015 Summer TCA Tour

robboDate: Sunday, 09 Aug 2015, 01:39 | Message # 1270
The Strain: Renewed For Season 3!

FX has picked up The Strain for a third season. 

Eric Schrier and Nick Grad, Presidents of Original Programming for FX Networks and FX Productions, made the announcement today as part of the Television Critics Association press tour. 

"[Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse] have delivered two thrilling seasons of The Strain that are captivating and visually arresting, doing justice to the original novel trilogy and meeting fans' high expectations in the process, "said Schrier. 

"We're excited to see them carry this powerful story into a third season on FX."

The Strain season 2 currently airs at 10/9c on Sunday nights.

It finds the Master out for revenge, unleashing new and crazily terrifying breeds of bloodthirsty creatures on our team, members of which are tasked with finding a way to bring him down before the infection spreads too far and becomes irreparable. 
And also before they become monsters themselves. 

Via: TVFanatic

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 10 Aug 2015, 20:27 | Message # 1271
#1192 I'm looking forward to another series of Homeland.  It's also great news that series 3 of The Americans is coming to the UK, followed soon after by a newly approved series 4.
If you like TSCC, I see no reason why you shouldn't like both these shows.

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 10 Aug 2015, 20:30 | Message # 1272
#1193 That's a twist that could have played out in another reality.  I don't think I knew that.
Still, we had a great Charley Dixon, so who's complaining?

robboDate: Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015, 01:25 | Message # 1273
# 1272  Looking forward to seeing Homeland and Claire Danes, I think the idea that she's left the CIA, she's utterly disenchanted and isolated, and during those intervening years, she's acquired an actual life, which really she's maybe never had before. 
I would imagine Homeland will look a lot different now that its moved to Berlin.

Unfortunately I haven't seen The Americans.

robboDate: Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015, 03:46 | Message # 1274
"The Notebook" To Become A TV Series 

The CW is teaming with author Nicholas Sparks to develop a TV series based on his iconic romance novel "The Notebook". 

The story will follow the romantic journey of the two beloved central characters, Noah and Allie, at the outset of their blossoming relationship. 

The pair build their lives and their future together against the backdrop of the racial politics, economic inequities and social mores of late 1940s in North Carolina. 

Todd Graff will pen the script and executive produce alongside Sparks and Theresa Park. 
The book was previously adapted into the 2004 Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams film. 

Via: The Live Feed

robboDate: Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015, 04:19 | Message # 1275
"Homeland" S5 To Deal With ISIS, Putin

With Showtime's "Homeland" achieving a creative renewal with last year's fourth season, the upcoming fifth season is opting out of the fourth's Pakistan locale and is taking the action to Germany where Claire Danes' Carrie Mathison is estranged from the CIA and working for a private security firm.

Speaking at the TCA's, Showtime president David Nevis revealed that the show is set to go in a different direction this year - one ripped from the headlines - and why they chose Berlin as a setting:

"The first episode's going to deal with Russia - what's Putin up to? What's going on with this tricky relationship there. It deals with ISIS. Charlie Hebdo. (Edward) Snowden, cyber terrorism, surveillance. These are interesting elements to the season, which brings a lot of things together.

[Berlin]is a crossroads between the old eastern block and the western block, a crossroads between Western Europe and the Muslim world. It's also a place with the strictest privacy laws in the world."

Filming on the new season is currently underway and Nevins says he sees a lot of life in the show: "The show proved last year its ability to have a new fresh story each season. It is doing it again this year."

Looking forward to the new season,

Via: THR

Claire Danes at the 'Through The Looking Glass' Costume Institute Benefit Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 4, 2015 in New York City.
Photo credit: Dimitrios Kambouris

Claire Danes at the 'Through The Looking Glass' Costume Institute Benefit GalaClaire Danes at the 'Through The Looking Glass' Costume Institute Benefit Gala

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: