[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 82 of 119«128081828384118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Wednesday, 24 Jun 2015, 01:10 | Message # 1216
Group: Friends
Ref # 1215  I might have a look into Dark Matter from that trailer. Mind you I read a few hit and miss reviews about the show on-line sort of inclining to give the show a chance to shine whether it does or not is another matter. On a side-note I did watch the pilot of Killjoys I wasn't impressed with that show but I will most likely watch the next episode probably.  smile

robboDate: Wednesday, 24 Jun 2015, 01:37 | Message # 1217
Alana De La Garza To Recur On 'Scorpion'

Coming off playing the female lead on the ABC drama Forever, Alana De La Garza has been tapped for a recurring role on the second season of CBS' Scorpion. On the action drama, she'll play the smart, tough and driven new Head of Homeland Security who needs the Scorpion team to be successful, but is it because it's best for the team or because it's best for her? De La Garza's character will succeed Homeland Security Director Merrick (David Fabrizio) who in the Season 1 finale relegated Cabe (Robert Patrick) to a desk job at the Pomona airport, prompting Cabe to quit. The Season 2 opener, slated for Sept. 21, will find Cabe taking a job as a Hollywood tech advisor  until he is summed back by the new head of Homeland Security to reassume his old position as a liaison for the Scorpion team.

Scorpion is executive produced by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Nick Santora, Nicholas Wootton, Justin Lin, Heather Kadin, Scooter Braun and Walter O'Brien for CBS Television Studios.

Via: Deadline

Alana De La Garza arrives at the 27th Annual Casting Society of America Artios Awards held at the Beverly Hilton on September 26, 2011 in Beverly Hills, California.

Alana De La Garza arrives at the 27th Annual Casting Society of America Artios AwardsAlana De La Garza arrives at the 27th Annual Casting Society of America Artios Awards

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 24 Jun 2015, 12:45 | Message # 1218
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
Alana De La Garza To Recur On 'Scorpion'

Congratulations Alana De La Garza, I loved in Forever.
Will I watch Scorpion just because she's in it? Nope!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Thursday, 25 Jun 2015, 01:37 | Message # 1219
Ref # 1218  What a lady Alana is she will beyond any doubt turn a few heads wherever she goes.
She looks absolutely stunning in that black dress. Regrettably I won't be watching Scorpion either!

robboDate: Thursday, 25 Jun 2015, 02:10 | Message # 1220
USA Renews Christian Slater's Mr. Robot Before It Premieres

Christian Slater's curse has been lifted! USA Network today announced a second season pickup of the actor's upcoming drama series Mr. Robot, snapping Slater's streak of appearing in largely single-season shows.

USA has taken a very rare step for a basic cable network by committing to another year before the series has officially premiered. But USA got some hint of Mr. Robot's appeal after it generated 2.6 million views via the show's preview screenings on digital platforms.

"We knew from the moment we read Sam Esmail's provocative script, and witnessed the brilliant performances of Rami Malek and Christian Slater, that Mr. Robot is a stand-out series that is unlike anything currently on television," said USA Network President Chris McCumber. "The overwhelmingly positive fan reactions to the pilot and the broad sampling of it, reaffirms our confidence in the series, and we're excited to see where this timely drama will take us for season two."

Mr. Robot has its regular on-air premiere tonight on USA. The second season will contain a minimum of 10 episodes and will debut next year.

Music to my ears! I was very impressed with the pilot of Mr. Robot with some very exceptionally good   performances from the cast. This show ticks all the right boxes for me.

Via: EW

Rami Malek and Christian Slater attend the NBC's 2015 New York Summer Press Day at Four Seasons Hotel New York on June 24, 2015 in New York City.
(Photo by Robin Marchant/Getty Images)

Rami Malek and Christian Slater attend the NBC's 2015 New York Summer Press DayRami Malek and Christian Slater attend the NBC's 2015 New York Summer Press Day

robboDate: Friday, 26 Jun 2015, 01:25 | Message # 1221
James Frain To Play Key "Gotham" Villain

With Jada Pinkett-Smith's Fish Mooney gone, a new brother-sister team will serve as the regular villains of the upcoming second season of Fox's "Gotham".

"The Cape" and "True Blood" actor James Frain has come onboard to play Theo Galavan, a seemingly altruistic billionaire industrialist who seems like the savior Gotham has been waiting for.

Behind his smile though likes a centuries-old vendetta that he intends to carry out, a plan that will lead to the creation of new villains and the destruction of others. He's also devoted to his sister Tabitha (yet to be cast) who will go on to become DC Comics super-villain Tigress.

This marks Frain's third show currently on the air as he has recurring parts on the current season of "True Detective" and the recent season of "Orphan Black".

He's been quite prolific in the past few years, he was a great bad guy in "The Cape" which sadly ended too soon I thought.

Via: Deadline

James Frain, Summer Glau, David Lyons. Premiere Party for The Cape held At The Music Box Theatre on January 4, 2011.

James Frain, Summer Glau, David Lyons. Premiere Party for The Cape

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 26 Jun 2015, 07:29 | Message # 1222
His character in Gotham seems to be similar to Peter Fleming in The Cape.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems James Frain is always playing a creepy villain in movies, tv shows. I guess he just has one those faces.Lol

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 28 Jun 2015, 07:07 | Message # 1223
In Dark Matter, the tough girl called Two, played by Melissa O'Neil, reminds me of Lexa Doig in Continuum.

Two, played by Melissa O'Neil, in Dark Matter Lexa Doig in Continuum.

robboDate: Monday, 29 Jun 2015, 01:30 | Message # 1224
# 1222  Yes he has that certain shady look about him, the dodgy geezer type of guy that I wouldn't like to meet down a dark alley. Lol

robboDate: Wednesday, 08 Jul 2015, 01:46 | Message # 1225
Elodie Yung Is Elektra In "Daredevil"

French-born actress Elodie Yung ("G.I. Joe: Retaliation," "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo") has been cast as Elektra in the upcoming second season of "Marvel's Daredevil" on Netflix.

The new season, which began shooting in New York this week, will include at least three new key characters from the comics - Frank Castle/The Punisher (Jon Bernthal), Elektra (Yung), and the yet to be announced cast member as the assassin Bullseye.

Elektra was hinted at during the show's first season but has yet to appear on screen. Her character description for the show reads as: "a mysterious woman from Matt Murdock's past whose dangerous and exotic ways may be more than he can handle."

"Marvel's Daredevil" will kick off its second season on Netflix in the second quarter of 2016.

Don't know much about the actress, but she looks pretty cool and sexy for this awesome show Daredevil.

Via: Variety

Adrianne Palicki and Elodie Yung attend the premiere of Paramount Pictures' 'G.I. Joe:Retaliation' at TCL Chinese Theatre on March 28, 2013 in Hollywood, California.
(Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

Adrianne Palicki and Elodie Yung attend the premiere of 'G.I. Joe:Retaliation'Adrianne Palicki and Elodie Yung attend the premiere of 'G.I. Joe:Retaliation'

robboDate: Saturday, 11 Jul 2015, 03:00 | Message # 1226
MTV's "The Shannara Chronicles"

MTV has debuted nearly three-minutes of footage in the first trailer for their upcoming fantasy series "The Shannara Chronicles" based on the novels by Terry Brooks.

Set to premiere in January, the series follows three elves attempting to keep demons at bay after an enchanted tree that protects the land begins to die.

Ivana Baquero, Manu Bennett, Emilia Burns, Poppy Drayton and John Rhys-Davies star in the ten episode first season with Jonathan Liebesman ("Wrath of the Titans") helming the first two episodes.

Liebesman and Brooks, along with "Iron Man" director Jon Favreau and "Smallville" show runners Al Gough and Miles Millar will all serve as executive producers.

I remember Poppy Drayton from Downton Abbey. She is unbelievably good looking and quite a tidy little number.

Via: MTV

Poppy Drayton (in white sweat shirt) and Ivana Baquero attend the 'The Shannara Chronicles' press room during Comic-Con International 2015 at the Hilton Bayfront on July 10, 2015 in San Diego, California.

Poppy Drayton - Comic-Con International 2015 - 'The Shannara Chronicles' Press RoomPoppy Drayton - Comic-Con International 2015 - 'The Shannara Chronicles' Press RoomPoppy Drayton and Ivana Baquero - Comic-Con International 2015 - 'The Shannara Chronicles' Press Room

robboDate: Tuesday, 14 Jul 2015, 02:35 | Message # 1227
Salem Renewed For A Third Season 

WGN America has renewed the Janet Montgomery period drama "Salem" for a third season. The full thirteen episode season will begin production later this year for a 2016 airing. 

The supernatural drama closed out its sophomore season averaging 1.1 million total viewers. The series has doubled its Live+7 viewership among total viewers year-over-year. 

Via: The Live Feed

robboDate: Tuesday, 14 Jul 2015, 03:49 | Message # 1228
The Flash Season 2: Teddy Sears Cast As Jay Garrick Also Shantel VanSanten As Patty Spivot

The hints and teases have come true - another speedster will be joining The Flash Season 2. Teddy Sears will play Jay Garrick. 

As was teased in the finale of The Flash season 1, Jay Garrick - another Flash, from a different universe - will be joining the show in the near future. The buzz from San Diego Comic-Con has confirmed the news, with Teddy Sears cast in the role. 

Here's the official description of Jay Garrick, from The Flash team: "Jay is a mysterious figure who arrives in Central City to warn Barry Allan and his team at S.T.A.R. Labs of an impending danger that he alone cannot hope to stop."

Also joining the show will be a new love interest for Barry - Patty Spivot . Shantel VanSanten has been cast as Patty, 

Here's the official CW description of Patty: "Patty Spivot is a police officer and science enthusiast who catches the eye of Barry Allen. Patty is obsessed with metahumans and partners with Det. Joe West this season but has no idea that her new crush is The Flash."

Looks like we'll be going through the whole delaying-revealing-your-secret-identity-to-your-love-interest thing again, then. 

More news on The Flash Season 2 as we hear it. The show returns to The CW on Tuesday the 6th of October.

Via: CBR

robboDate: Thursday, 16 Jul 2015, 01:27 | Message # 1229
Turn: Washington's Spies Gets Renewed For A Third Season

The Revolutionary War will rage on now that AMC has greenlit another season of Turn: Washington's Spies.

AMC announced today that a third season of Jamie Bell's historical drama series will premiere next year. 

Charlie Collier, AMC's president, said: "We loved what we saw creatively from the Turn: Washington's Spies team in season two, and the show achieved something that is increasingly rare in television today - a growing audience during the season. 

"Turn continues to attract a dedicated and distinctively upscale audience across multiple platforms, and it has carved out a meaningful space in AMC's 'eclectic by design' programming palette. We look forward to working with [producers]Craig Silverstein, Barry Josephson, the expanded cast and entire Turn team on season three."

Turn fictionalizes the adventures of America's first spy ring during the fledgling country's war for independence with England. 

Season two has introduced a storyline based around the traitorous American general Benedict Arnold, who is played by The Mentalist's Owain Yeoman.

Via: DigitalSpy

robboDate: Thursday, 16 Jul 2015, 02:48 | Message # 1230
Nikki Reed To Play Betsy Ross On Fox's 'Sleepy Hollow'

Nikki Reed is ready to get her historical groove on.

The Twilight and Thirteen alum has landed the key series regular role of Betsy Ross on the upcoming third season of Fox's Sleepy Hollow,

Sleepy Hollow's Ross is described as sexy with an unsuspecting physical prowess. She's the famous seamstress known and loved for sewing the nation's first flag by day, but by night she's a dynamic colonial insider, a secret operative within George Washington's mysterious ring of spies.

"We are all very excited to welcome Nikki Reed into the world of Sleepy Hollow, "co-creator /EP Len Wiseman told THR. "Nikki's the perfect choice to bring a smart and sexy edge to our show's twisted version of American icon, Betsy Ross."

The casting comes after Ichabod (Tom Mison) noted in seasons one and two that Ross was a former flame.

The casting marks Reed's series regular debut and will keep her close to new husband and The Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder as both series film in Atlanta. (The Fox drama shifted production after season two from North Carolina to Atlanta to take advantage of better filming rebates in the region.)

Reed becomes the latest new face to join Sleepy Hollow's third season. She joins The Glades alum Clifton Campbell, who is taking over the role of showrunner after Mark Goffman's departure.

Via: THR

Nikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder attend the 2015 CMT Music awards at the Bridgestone Arena on June 10, 2015 in Nashville, Tennessee.
(Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)

Nikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder attend the 2015 CMT Music awardsNikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder attend the 2015 CMT Music awardsNikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder attend the 2015 CMT Music awards

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 82 of 119«128081828384118119»
Search: